Laurence Maroney Vows To Run Downhill.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

I'll believe it when I see it. He always talks every off-season about how he plans on improving. Until I actually see it I won't believe it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5447241

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Laurence Maroney Vows To Run Downhill.

This again?

Yes, and I'm going to quit drinking and smoking and staying out all night  . . .

tomorrow.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

He quietly ran for 800 yards last season.  He needs to talk Logan Mankins into returning, though - Mankins is their second-best run blocker only to Stephen Neal.

I'll tell you why he'll do better this year:
    -> Brady's healthy, opening up the playbook a little now that he's not minding his ribs and finger
    -> Moss is healthy and he can go over the top and get jump balls, opening up the field a little more than he was with his dislocated shoulder
    -> They should have at least one good tight end, if not two or three, which increases the versatility of their offense by forcing defenses to make difficult personnel decisions.  Last year, teams didn't have to respect any dual threats because the Pats had to broadcast when they were running it
    -> Maroney will hopefully run more than just that one off-tackle Power-O play, and a healthier Brady who's more confident in his knee will be able to run the play-action more effectively.
    -> More, talented receivers

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In Response to Re: Laurence Maroney Vows To Run Downhill.:
    He quietly ran for 800 yards last season.  He needs to talk Logan Mankins into returning, though - Mankins is their second-best run blocker only to Stephen Neal. I'll tell you why he'll do better this year: - /> Brady's healthy, opening up the playbook a little now that he's not minding his ribs and finger - /> Moss is healthy and he can go over the top and get jump balls, opening up the field a little more than he was with his dislocated shoulder -> They should have at least one good tight end, if not two or three, which increases the versatility of their offense by forcing defenses to make difficult personnel decisions.  Last year, teams didn't have to respect any dual threats because the Pats had to broadcast when they were running it -> Maroney will hopefully run more than just that one off-tackle Power-O play, and a healthier Brady who's more confident in his knee will be able to run the play-action more effectively. -> More, talented receivers
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

Here's to hoping!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

"He quietly ran for 800 yards last season"

When did 757 become the new 800?  That's less then 50 yards a game.  Funny, It's actually more pathetic when you look at it that way.  If more pathetic was even possible.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He did run downhill last season. He stopped tip-toeing by mid-season. 

Leave Laurence alone. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

He did run downhill last season. He stopped tip-toeing by mid-season.  Leave Laurence alone. 
    Posted by 49Patriots
    I saw that too...by mid-season Maroney wasn't tiptoeing..it looked alot more like a slow step hully-gully with a too frequent "oops"...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

He was doing fine last year when our coordinator decided to give him the ball with some bit of consistency.  He did have fumble problems though and if that continues, then he is done.

I am an LM fan, but he needs to make good on his promise to run hard and downhill.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Here's to a breakout year.

Hey, it's August and I'm an optimistic fan.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Maroney is a good fit in our system. He gets in the endzone and is effective when given the opportunity. For a guy who splits time with 1 or 2 other runners and Faulk on every 3rd down in a pass first offense he gets results.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

HOMER ALERT: The following statement is influenced by excessive optimism and kool-aid drinking.

Actually, btown has it right.  He did do alright when given the ball consistently.  BUT, when you turn the ball over at the goal line more than once you are in the doghouse.  Players that turn the ball over frequently take the wind out of a team.  As good as Adrian Peterson is, the Vikings were even threatening to bench him last year.

If Maroney can run like he did at times AND he can hold onto the ball, he might do alright.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Whatever.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

He better start running downhill! This is his last year of his rookie contract. If he doesn't produce, he's gone!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

Been there...done that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Let's hope he finds his inner Corey Dillon again.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

Now maybe This year HE CAN HOLD ONTO The ball w/ out messing it up DOUBT IT I say after this season GET RID OF HIM He has messed up over and over

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

One by one here...

Response Of:
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

"Here's to hoping!!"
         ~vertigo

Ya know when like you see something so simple yet so beautiful, Like for instance maybe A shot of 10 year old bourbon and I'm talkin' here somethin' ya never saw comin', not just perhaps a Maker's Mark 46 Edition, but maybe an Old Forester Birthday Bourbon or a Four Roses Mariage Collection, And it's placed on a clean oak bar and not just that the bartender charged ya like $3 bucks for, and instead of it bein' in a shot glass, that saint bartender decided ta put it in some thick based, squared-edge fancy rocks glass, so there's 2 1/2 X as much bourbon in the glass, and it's early still and so the bar is really dead- Maybe like 9 ladies and 3 dudes, Including you and your pal- And then that only 1 other dude comes up to you & goes, "Here- pal," and he hands ya a couple'a Alec Bradley VSG Cigars, like maybe a Tempus Imperator & a Temp Prensado, And instead of him saying to you, "I just got a HUGE raise," In which case you'd be deadlocked to converse with him in some meaningless fashion but ya jut want that sweet cigar, Instead the guy goes, "Ya man, From r'ound here? Cause I'm thinkin' 'bout openin' up a Vintage Cigar shop next door, so ya can check it out some time if ya ever want, Or If you're not, just enjoy man, I get'm as freebies."  And then the cute blonde and brunette go around to your side and then say something completely flirtative, BUT ya just wanna say, "Will ya just hold that, but still maybe ShutTFU for 1 minute," Because you're not even 1 bit past the glass of bourbon and it's all just far too much for you to even deal with, And ya REALLY wanna desperately ta hold on to this Religious Experience because ya don't know if you're gonna die or if you're already in he!! Or if Jesus is gonna come outta the men's room and say, "Hey pal, Really need someone ta play pool with, So I'll grant'cha eternal salvation just ta play a game or two?"  

~Well, anyway, The beautifully simple response from above was like this ta me...In fact, I actually pictured you HOLDING a bottle'a bourbon and maybe blowing a New Year's eve whistle-maker as you sarcastically penned it.  The exclamations were a kicker, I mean I woulda put 3 of them, but if you happened to, I mighta needed CPR.  

...I'll deal with some other posts later, I'ma go get a stogie.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

I like LM too sure at first he used to do Michael Jackson behind the line of scrimmage, but after BB personal coaching he was quite effective (just don't fumble bro). He is going to rush for 1000+

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I like LM too sure at first he used to do Michael Jackson behind the line of scrimmage, but after BB personal coaching he was quite effective (just don't fumble bro). He is going to rush for 1000+
    Posted by akius

"Here's to hopinggg!!!"

Did'ya like how I did that?  See I did, I did- the 3 thing; I mean, I added a lil' flare, First I tried "hoooping," Then I'm thinkin' "Hooping?"  That'll never work.  Either way, man that felt good. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

Laz,
    I thought your finger got stuck on the "g" key. Thanks for explaininggg.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Yes maybe, But he doesn't say if he will run "straight" downhill.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Laz, I thought your finger got stuck on the "g" key. Thanks for explaininggg.
    Posted by touchdownpats

Sadly it did...I was just tryin' to explain away being drunk & careless, as being deliberate.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

3.9 ypc isn't great, but do it twice and you've got 3rd-and-2 or 3rd-and-3.

Serviceable, with room for improvement.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Running downhill could be helpful on Dec 12.

Sections
Shortcuts