Laurence Maroney - what to do with him

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Laurence Maroney - what to do with him

Maroney recently said in an interview that he's learned a lot over the years, has toughened up, and is ready to do some downhill running this season.

Can we cut this dead weight already.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Re: Laurence Maroney - what to do with him

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Maroney apparently hasn't learned to just shut up and put up the numbers. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Contraxct year.  Keep him and play him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anarchy99. Show Anarchy99's posts

He's cheap and not terrible.  There are so many FA RBs his trade value is negligible.  Let him play out his contract. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

I think he gets traded during the draft.  Either to a team like Washington(Shanahan always was high on Maroney) or Oakland.  Either for a mid round draft pick or a player(Kirk Morrison?)     

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Maybe they could get a pick, but I'd keep him around.  He isn't a workhorse but he can be part of a running back by committee approach. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

No way they trade him.  He's shown enough flashes of brilliance to still pin some hopes on.  Also, he's now entering the final year of his contract which means he is playing for future money.  Great position for us to be in with him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

trade for a 5th

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

I say keep him for next season.  Because right now that's exactly what going to happen whether we like it or not.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

Send him to San Diego in return we get Merrimann. Chargers need a RB and we need an OLB.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

For the folks who want to trade Maroney remember you're the seller and not the buyer.  If the demand is not there neither is the trade.  Shanahan was high on Maroney when we drafted him.  I wonder what he thinks of him now? 

For right now he's servicable.  He may part ways in the end but he's on the team for now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Laurence Maroney - what to do with him:
    Send him to San Diego in return we get Merrimann. Chargers need a RB and we need an OLB.
    Posted by haldager

Remember, Merriman can't perform without his injections.  One more time caught and banned for life, amd I wrong?

Maroney was getting his groove last year unitl he caught a strange, rare case of fumblitis.  I bet he's been carrying around a pigskin since January.  I would keep him. 

Fred Taylor worries me more.  Seems like a team player, but the poor guy is like the Samuel L. Jackson character in Unbreakable.  My brother Mike Eidam was a sub-4.3 CB, a star out of Mater Dei in California, playing all parts of the game.  And then he got his arm ripped out of his socket in a H.S. game, tackling a guy that was running back an INT.  Played rest of that game, but his arm kept popping out in his sleep. Got surgery and had his pick of Brown, Harvard, Princeton and other schools.  Picked Princeton.  In his third JV game, he made an INT and a monster landed on his ankle during the tackle on the run-back.  Severely sprained, gone for the season.  Rehabbed and was actually faster. Came back the next season, and virtually the exact same play and injury happen again, only I think it was his first game back.  Gone for season.  Rehabbed and was just as fast. Came back for the third season to play on the main squad, but by then the the Ivy League had dumped the JV and merged the best JV players with the other players.  He got squeezed out by an awful freshman CB (the other CB was a sr.) whose dad bought Princeton a building on the condition that his kid start at CB as a freshman.  My brother happily walked away and enjoyed the rest of his "academic scholarship" (he was/is smart, though), knowing full well that he was too fragile for the NFL, no matter how fast and talented around the ball he had always been, so there was no point in riding the pine and getting hurt again in his sr. year as a starter. Morale of the story, even with exceptional talent, some guys are too oft injured to be playing, especially in the NFL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Maybe they could get a pick, but I'd keep him around.  He isn't a workhorse but he can be part of a running back by committee approach. 
    Posted by BrooklineRob

I dunno...mebbe we need a #1 again

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

yup, he screws up just enough, but not too much, to keep him around inexpensively and still use him once in a while...how's that for first round value? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from vinniedonuts1. Show vinniedonuts1's posts

keep him, he can be a good cheerleader with all the dancing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Contract year and watch Maroney run for a 1200 yards. Lol bound to happen with this bum.

He runs his mouth so much week in and week out. I am learning oh man its coming to me. Well those 20+ carries Bill was giving you was great until you started fumbling and just lost the one thing you were good at which was holding onto the dang ball.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

What to do with him...Oakland...Cleveland.. or any other terrible land take can only stomach him because of the putrid city they live in. All you "potential" losers are just that , losers. We should have traded Him w/ Watson last year. Neither have shown ANYTHING..let alone "flashes of brillance" ! Get rid of him while you can. And if they do actually produce one day then...so what! They couldnt do it here and had plenty of shots. The best thing Watson ever did here was chase down Champ and thats it!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

No way they trade him.  He's shown enough flashes of brilliance to still pin some hopes on.  Also, he's now entering the final year of his contract which means he is playing for future money.  Great position for us to be in with him.
    Posted by agill1970

FLASHES of BRILLIANCE???  Ahhhh, your talking about Laura Maroney right? In 5 years I havent seen any flashes, oh wait..... the only flash Ive seen from him is when he lit a sparkler for the Forth of July Party at his sisters house, but he couldnt hold on to it. He dropped it and started a city block fire... he tried to put it out with a water hose but ran down the wrong street, it went east and west. I think yo uneed to stop smoking that funny stuff and pay attention here

Sections
Shortcuts