Laurent Robinson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Laurent Robinson

Free agent Laurent Robinson left his Monday Jets tryout without a contract and will visit the Patriots on Tuesday. Perhaps this means the Jets will wind up signing Austin Collie, who was also at Monday's workout. Robinson, at least theoretically, is a classic "X" receiver -- the position vacated in New England's offense by Brandon Lloyd's release. Robinson would compete for playing time on the outside with Aaron Dobson, Josh Boyce, Michael Jenkins, and UDFA super-sleeper Kenbrell Thompkins.

He's got 4.38 speed, what do you guys think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: Laurent Robinson

Probably just an emergency contact number. I doubt that they sign him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Could depend on what type of $ he's looking for.  He had a nice year with Dallas a couple years ago, but Jax overpaid him based off that. He's OK, maybe a bit of an upgrade over Jenkins because he can get open. Wouldn't be surprised if he went back to Dallas. Seemed to have a good rapport with Romo. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Likely a waste of time. Long history of serious concussions and disability.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

He is one hit away, huh?  Scary stuff.  4 concussions just last year a lone. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Medical staff at Jack advised him to hang em' up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Don't even waste time with this guy.  IR'd for concussions, Ir'd for leg injuries, has had shoulder injuries!  Why bother??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

Don't even waste time with this guy.  IR'd for concussions, Ir'd for leg injuries, has had shoulder injuries!  Why bother??

[/QUOTE]

because we just released an IR wating to happen so the IR tri-force is broken. We need another....  

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

squeeze water out of rock mentality, thats why pats bother....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

With Aaron Dobson, Josh Boyce, Michael Jenkins, Kamar Aiken,  Mark Harrison, Kenbrell Thompkins, Quentin Sims and even Amendola can play on the outside so with 8 guys why would we need to spend money on this position? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

Looks like he's already in NE.  I expect him to be signed. 

I hope not.  Why not go after a legit player who we can actually have faith in that he will be here on opening day?  Don't need scrubs, imo. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeddyBruski54. Show TeddyBruski54's posts

I think bringing in a proven NFL quality receiver like L.Robinson is a no-brainer!! We don't have any proven WR's other than Amendola. Even though Jenkins has NFL experiance he's slower than my pet snail!! I think bringing in Robinson will take some of the pressure off of the rookies to preform right away.

“I'm a football player by trade. That's what I do, ... So I did everything I could to make myself a football player again.”

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

NO THANK YOU!!!  We don't need another WR who has had many injury issues in the past.  We have enough of those type of guys.

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

the reason for bringing this guy in, is because if he is signed, from day 1 he is #2 or #3 best WR on the team. if his concussion issues are in his past, he can help this team. there is no doubt in my mind this guy is signed if he passes his medicals...he is fast, big and fights for every ball...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

He can be signed for the vet minimum. Can be a low risk high reward type deal.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

The 90 man roster is currently filled, so someone would have to go before they could sign him.

Sections
Shortcuts