Laveranues Coles -- now that's a guy I take a chance on

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Laveranues Coles -- now that's a guy I take a chance on

He was cut from the Bengals.  If he can play next year, he's on my team if I'm Belichick. 

See Yahoo sports for story. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Re: Laveranues Coles -- now that's a guy I take a chance on

he isn't a bad option for #3 WR.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I'd go for it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Good option at WR if he's willing to come cheap.  In a down year had 5 TDs and 600 YDs.  Thats all Pats need out of him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I wouldn't, we have a kid named edelman who is the guy I want at #3 and coles as you saw last season is not a #2.  His pride will not let him come to a place where's he will be nothing more than a #4.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Coles is much more than a #4 receiver.  He'll still only be 32 next year, not too old for a WR to perform, and has put up solid numbers year in and year out, including 70 receptions for 850 yards and 7 touchdowns in 08.  Last year his numbers went a bit down, but were still good enough that if he replicates them, it would do wonders for the Patriots offense.  If the money is short, he'd be a great pickup.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

DO IT IF THE DOLLARS AREN'T THROUGH THE ROOF.EVEN THOUGH HE IS 32 HE STILL HAD CONSIDERABLR SPEED,HAS SHOWN A WILLINGNESS TO GO ACROS THE MIDDLE AND CATCH THE BALL DESPITE HIS SIZE AND WAS A GOOD YAC GUY AS WELL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Nope, over the hill

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sveltics. Show Sveltics's posts

Could hold down the fort until (if) WW returns late in the season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

what about Antwaan Randle El?
    he was cut today by the 'skins

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

IF YOU DON'TOLES,A REASONABLY PRICED RANDLE-EL WOULD HELP..A LOT OFOLDER,EVEN PAST THEIR PRIME W.R.'S LIKE THESE TWO ARE BETTER THAN WHAT THEY HAVE AS A THIRD WIDE OUT.TAKE YOUR PICK AND HOPE FOR 35-45 CATCHES....OH,AND DRAFT A BIG YOUNG TALENTED GUY AND BRING HIM AND TATE(IF HE IS HEALTHY)ALONG.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Coles is rarely ever healthy. I would love to see when was the last time he played a full 16 games in a season. Randel-El is also a no. I don't think he's a better receiver than Aiken, someone give me stats to prove me wrong.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Enough with these second/third tier receivers who nobody wants. The PATS have a huge hole at that position and need to stop being so cheap. This div. is no longer a gimme for us. The jets are a serious team and are 1/2 players away from being contenders , AC will be a perfect fit over there. Im sorry , but this team needs a playmaker at reveiver opposite Moss. Even with WW this team was handcuffed to an extent because WW never got into the endzone. Amazes me how so many of you thought he was the best thing since sliced bread. Welker is /was a great third option , teams were all to happy giving him anything he wanted underneath. You shouldnt be allowed to watch football if you think otherwise. He makes your team better , he doesnt MAKE your team and this team depended WAY to much on him! And now most of you are like "We have Edelman" ...yea , and? Its the same deal with him , hes a small part , thats it. Guys like Edelman and Welker are the reason this team went out and tried to revamp the O. Go out and spend some money and get Marshell. Hes 26 , in the prime of his career , has proven he can carry the load and be "the man" on his O...and HES A TOP 3/5 receiver of god sake! This team needs a x rec. , Marshell would fit in great here playing opposite one of the best flankers in history in Moss. Moss/Marshell/Edelman , now thats a serious rec. corp that could be great , could be the best in the league. Seattle and 49ers are going after him hard , it would be a shame to pass him up and fail to make this team better. BTY I dont need to look up any stats 49PATS , A R El is a much better receiver than Aiken. Its not even close , Aiken's best season was he last , enough said. A R El is ten time better , but has no place here , hes another third option. This team needs a stud at reveiver , a tight end who can actually perform tight end duties...you know like go over the middle , make a tough catch? C-ya Watson , we hung on to him way to long , we should have traded him two years ago. Again it amazes me how dumb some of you are , loving this guy because he ran down Champ...WOW! Do we really have to wait and see on Lindsey Mohan either , trade him and get anything you can back , both have never came close to living up to first round potential. Get Marshell , get Olsen , draft Mike Johnson in the4th round and are O is in great shape. Dont give me that BS about drafting a "pass rusher" with our first round pick , none of the projected OLB's are worth taking in the first.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Coles can join Patten in the over the hill club....I'll pass.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

I still think Josh Reed is the better compliment player

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=109

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

C'mon! Enough with this already. We can line him up opposite David Patten! Typical. Yeah, lets bring in another over the hill WR! You should work in the Pats front office.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

I agree Reed over Coles, but BB also looks ot see how players performed versus the Pats.

Not sure who was better Coles or Reed, but that would be an indication of who the Pats would choose first.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

Good point, pats1970.
     I wonder if Kevin Walter is on their radar. Can't say I know that much about him as the Texans are rarely on tv and Andre Johnson is the guy there.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

I might take Reed over Coles, but Reed is more of a slot guy while Coles may be able to play opposite Moss.  I think Edelman will be better this year, and Reed could help, but Coles is tough and still has some speed. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

I dont mind Coles and i think he would come cheap

I still really hope we land derrick mason

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Coles is a no brainer, let's see if the Pats F.O. understand that.