Law Firm

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

Law Firm

Say what you want, but the kid give it his all. And for everyone who's saying "he's playing against third stringers", take a look at these:

7DENW 41-7 13 65 5.0 15 1 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

9@INDL 18-15 15 57 3.8 10 1 1 8 8.0 8 0 0 0
    10BUFW 20-10 26 105 4.0 13 1 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

That's a touchdown in every game, and some impressive yardage for a youngster who was a RFA. They may not be star defenses, but take a look at these numbers:

Maroney:
    7DENW 41-7 Did Not Play or did not accumulate any stats.

9@INDL 18-15 Did Not Play or did not accumulate any stats.
    10BUFW 20-10 Did Not Play or did not accumulate any stats.
    Morris:
    7DENW 41-7 16 138 8.6 34 1 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

Jordan:
    7DENW 41-7 Did Not Play or did not accumulate any stats.

Outside of Morris' nasty game, everyone was injured. Law Firm has proven to me over the course of the last year that he's a fearless, decisive runner. I like that. I say the Pats give this kid a chance in the regular season to get a lot of playing time and improve. If the other guys aren't doing it, sit 'em and let Law Firm do his thing.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

Re: Law Firm

He's a roster lock. They are going with 5 RB's. Why? because they were running with both Chris Taylor and BJGE tonight.. This tells me the final  RB spot was going to either of them.

There is no justification to the claim that he has been going against 2nd and 3rd strings.. he has turned in consistent performances, that in itself is proof because it's impossible that the other players are "consistently" second and third stringers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dplav. Show dplav's posts

the law firm took on some new clients tonight

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

BenJarvus Green-Ellis is a lot better than the law firm I use....Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

In Response to Re: Law Firm:
    [QUOTE]the law firm took on some new clients tonight
    Posted by dplav[/QUOTE]

He won a big client.. there's only one client you need to convince.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Law Firm : He won a big client.. there's only one client you need to convince.
    Posted by patpscyho[/QUOTE]Did anyone notice how well he can block/pass protect? I gotta watch the replay tommorrow to see how he picks up the pass rush/ blitz.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

I've said it since game 2 he is our starting RB. Law Firm,Faulk,the other taylor#42, Maroney(yes Maroney),Veritone our opening day RBs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I agree that the "going against second and third stringers" argument is off base.  Don't forget that the offensive line blocking those guys are second and third stringers themselves.  So, it all evens out.  BJGE can carry the football, period.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

[QUOTE]I agree that the "going against second and third stringers" argument is off base.  Don't forget that the offensive line blocking those guys are second and third stringers themselves.  So, it all evens out.  BJGE can carry the football, period.
    Posted by pyegian[/QUOTE]
    All good post and I concur. Starters as I see them: BJGE, F.Taylor, Maroney or Morris and of course K.Faulk. Iwould not be surprised if both Maroney and Morris are cut in favor of C. Taylor but I don't think so.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

I thought he had already proven himself last year against "first-stringers".
    He should be our No. 1 RB.
    However, after watching pro football and Belichick for a long time, I wouldn't be surprised if he were cut or traded.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

BJGE is going to be a feature back by next season I think. And the Patriots will keep a bunch of guys at RB this year... Maroney and F. Taylor look like they will split the lion share with Faulk doing his 3rd down duty, BJGE is a lock and will see a few touches each game this season and then it is either Morris or C. Taylor  as the 5th RB with the other one being cut. My problem is I am not sure which gets cut..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antleite. Show antleite's posts

BGE had a great game yesterday. He played with the speed, elusiveness, and power that you want to see in your runningback. He will most certainly be our starting RB of the future but I think maroney and taylor will split or take the majority of snaps for this season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Been a fan of the Law Firm since the Denver game and really jumped on the bandwagon after the Buffalo game. This guy has starter potential; he hits the holes hard, doesn't come down after minimal contact, and can be elusive. It would be very difficult to see him cut. The Pats have a great stable of backs and he is one of them. Cut somebody else.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

He is going to be a player in the NFL, either here or on another team.  RB has become too deep of a need among teams for him not to. 

The unfortunate part is not just a running back by committe - it's stacked with backs.  His advantage is he brings a pound the rock dynamic to the team.

I don't think they'll flat out cut him regardless but I wouldn't be shocked to see him traded and I think, if it comes to it, they'll keep him on the roster for a little while.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

After hearing about his catching in the game last night, I wouldn't be surprised to see Law Firm take over for Faulk when he throws in the towel.

Or if Maroney somehow stays on the squad that long that he becomes the Faulk replacement and Law Firm runs the rock. But I don't have the confidence in Maroney that he could ever fill Faulk's shoes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Law Firm : Did anyone notice how well he can block/pass protect? I gotta watch the replay tommorrow to see how he picks up the pass rush/ blitz.
    Posted by cowtherabbit-[/QUOTE]

It needs a lot more work, but what is indisputable is that he has the raw tools to be a great RB. I think his work ethic is not a problem and with time, he will mature. I am just hoping BB takes him on.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

But I don't have the confidence in Maroney that he could ever fill Faulk's shoes.

I think Maroney has shown that he can be very productive catching the ball rather than trying to do something from the line of scrimmage.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

Most important, he's not fragile.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

The Law Firm will only get on the field due to injury. With our recent history of injury at the position that unfortunately may happen sooner then later. He has skills. I know it has been over stated but it doesn't mean its not true that it is pre season. There are 4 rbs on the depth chart ahead of him for a reason. He took advantage of situations with his 4 game streak of scoring a td last season and when other guys were healthy he went right back to the bench. He went off last night not against 2nd and 3rd stringers but against people who will not be playing for the Giants this year.

I am not being negative towards him because I like him a lot, I am being realistic. I would like to see the kid get a shot some day but for now I feel much better about having proven veteran rbs to not only run the ball but just as important picking up the blitz for Tom Brady.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]The Law Firm will only get on the field due to injury.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Wow finally a pragmatic and sensible response about the lawfirm.  Don't get me wrong he looked decent and 5 yards a carry is a great average, but preseason is preseason.  Every year posters annoint someone as the next savior and every year that player starts the season right where they belong, on the back burner.

Yeah he looked good, considering he was on the bubble and was the only back who was featured all preseason long who else could have?  He had 49 carries while Maroney, Taylor and Morris didn't get out of the teens.  You use a stable of running backs so they get you through the season, what you don't do is use up a commodity in the preseason that you all ready know is assured.

Despite all the Maroney haters, or however many of you think Taylor is too old and the rest who think Morris isn't good enough, the fact is they are better than Ben right now.  When injury and age take their toll on the vets Ellis will get his shot.  Maroney is our best back; nobody has a greater chance of breaking off long yards, is athletic, is as good a blocker in the passing game and nobody is a better receiver out of the backfield with the lone exception of Faulk.  Get over it...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Law Firm:
    [QUOTE]Say what you want, but the kid give it his all. And for everyone who's saying "he's playing against third stringers", take a look at these: 7 DEN W 41-7 13 65 5.0 15 1 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0                               9 @IND L 18-15 15 57 3.8 10 1 1 8 8.0 8 0 0 0 10 BUF W 20-10 26 105 4.0 13 1 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 That's a touchdown in every game, and some impressive yardage for a youngster who was a RFA. They may not be star defenses, but take a look at these numbers: Maroney: 7 DEN W 41-7 Did Not Play or did not accumulate any stats.         9 @IND L 18-15 Did Not Play or did not accumulate any stats. 10 BUF W 20-10 Did Not Play or did not accumulate any stats. Morris: 7 DEN W 41-7 16 138 8.6 34 1 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0         9 @IND L 18-15 Did Not Play or did not accumulate any stats. 10 BUF W 20-10 Did Not Play or did not accumulate any stats. Jordan: 7 DEN W 41-7 Did Not Play or did not accumulate any stats.         9 @IND L 18-15 Did Not Play or did not accumulate any stats. 10 BUF W 20-10 Did Not Play or did not accumulate any stats. Outside of Morris' nasty game, everyone was injured. Law Firm has proven to me over the course of the last year that he's a fearless, decisive runner. I like that. I say the Pats give this kid a chance in the regular season to get a lot of playing time and improve. If the other guys aren't doing it, sit 'em and let Law Firm do his thing.
    Posted by mjxg[/QUOTE] im sure Benny has a spot.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2009/09/bill_belichick_25.html

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RobertBro. Show RobertBro's posts

For the record, the guy that Law Firm dragged into the endzone on his 2nd TD was Clint Sintim, the Giants 1st round draft pick this year, who will certainly be playing or starting for the Giants this year.  That doesn't change the point that it was the 4th pre-season game and we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves with thinking he's the best back on the roster.  But he has gotten the job done against starters, last year and at times in this pre-season. 

Most important, he's been consistent at making the most of his oppurtunities.  Except, of course, for the fumble at the end of game 2 which was especially horrible from a situational perspective.  But I noticed him covering up that football a lot more this week, and that may have been a cheap price for a great lesson.

Also, in the giving credit where credit is due department, Wesley Britt gave a huge assist on that touchdown by pushing the guy he was blocking into the side of Sintim and helping Law Firm push the whole pile into the endzone.  Outstanding job by both of them.

Sections
Shortcuts