Law Firm's Running Success a Product of Talent or Blocking?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Seems lots of folks are joining Law Firms board room due to his recent success in the running game.

I've liked BJGE for a while, but thought he was a pretty average runner - and healthy.

So, is his recent success due to his "talent" or because he's getting nice blocks up front?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Law Firm's Running Success a Product of Talent or Blocking?

Both... you need blocking if you're going to run.  He waits for a hole and hits it.  He is not a homerun hitter, but he gets postive yards and runs hard.  Something Maroney didn't understand. 

Remember Shanny would make 1000 rushers with his zone blocking scheme, but these guys had some talent of course...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

Or both. Being an Auburn fan, I got to see him a lot in college. He is very talented, no doubt. Good blocking certainly helps him though, and BJGE has even said as much in his interviews. Most importantly, he's a very humble guy, which is really what we need more than anything right now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Both, in that they both do their jobs, but the line has more talent than BJGE.  They've opened holes for everyone over the years.  Even Laura Maroney was able to occasionally run for positive yardage behind this line. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

He never went to dance class.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Great post, I said it in a few other threads. BJGE looks good but with the 2TE Set restored in N.E and Alge Crumpler we can run the ball with anybody who won't fumble. I think Maroney would have had a career year but whatever. I just hope Fred Taylor can stay healthy because I worry if BJGE can hold up with 15-20 a game?

Here comes Play Action. The more I look at the numbers the more excited I get about what this offense can do this year. Gronk and Hernandez might go down as 2 of the greatest draft picks in Patriot history! Believe it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I tell you what, the kid runs damn hard. My god! He's going to either hurt himself or someone else. I haven't seen that in a while around here, I hope he can hold onto the ball running like that. He's got some nice vision and runs at a very nice pad level, love what he's doing thus far. It'll be interesting to see what he can do over a full season getting most of the carries. Looks like he'll be a nice playoff and cold weather back.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I'm not saying he does it every time, but it seems he always protects the ball as he runs.  I think Bill said run hard and protect the ball, and that's exactly what he's doing.  Gotta tip your hat to Law Firm.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Law Firm's Running Success a Product of Talent or Blocking?:
    He never went to dance class.
    Posted by harleyroadking

That's cuz Laura booked the entire class for himself....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Great post, I said it in a few other threads. BJGE looks good but with the 2TE Set restored in N.E and Alge Crumpler we can run the ball with anybody who won't fumble. I think Maroney would have had a career year but whatever. I just hope Fred Taylor can stay healthy because I worry if BJGE can hold up with 15-20 a game? Here comes Play Action. The more I look at the numbers the more excited I get about what this offense can do this year. Gronk and Hernandez might go down as 2 of the greatest draft picks in Patriot history! Believe it.
    Posted by TrueChamp

Yep, I'm still pretty excited even w/ the departure of Moss. Mebbe we can find a person to help out on defense for the empty roster spot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

In Response to Law Firm's Running Success a Product of Talent or Blocking?:
    Law Firm's Running Success a Product of Talent or Blocking? Seems lots of folks are joining Law Firms board room due to his recent success in the running game. I've liked BJGE for a while, but thought he was a pretty average runner - and healthy. So, is his recent success due to his "talent" or because he's getting nice blocks up front?
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

The blocking has been very good, but he's shown patience, and quick action to the hole that opens. He's really matured at a back. I thought he was pretty average also but he's shown some vision for finding the hole in the last couple of games so I have to say it's more than just blocking. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Logan...who?   Mankins...what?   take your hold out and stick it. 
    Go Law Firm GO

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

ALL successful running backs are a combination of both. You can't run through a hole that isn't there and if its there you have to be able to hit it even if it's not where you expected it to be.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I'll be interested to see how he handles the increased workload.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

The OLine is one of the best in the NFL, run blocking and pass blocking. BJGE just does a great job of taking what is given to him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Both. There are definitely holes there, but he sees them and gets there. He makes the correct decision almost everytime, and makes good cuts. Initiates contact and gets his pads at the proper level. Basically, he does everything the right way for a running back. Put his brain, instincts and eyes in Maroney's body and you've got a 1600 yard back.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

He is talented enough for the NFL, has heart and humility, the O line has blocked well most of the time, but the main reason was a philosophical change in play calling midway through the Bills game where we went from not moving the ball at all through the air to pounding it down their throats with the run which in turn opened the passing game back up for us.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

BJGE main flaw is that he lacks that second burst, he has great speed to the hole. Just don't expected long long runs

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

BJGE main flaw is that he lacks that second burst, he has great speed to the hole. Just don't expected long long runs
    Posted by thejoshuatree28

The good news is that WoodHead has plenty of burst as a change of pace back ala Kevin Faulk, I just hope we commit to running fulltime.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

In Response to Re: Law Firm's Running Success a Product of Talent or Blocking? : The good news is that WoodHead has plenty of burst as a change of pace back ala Kevin Faulk, I just hope we commit to running fulltime.
    Posted by wozzy

Agreed, that is the whole purpose of a change of pace, the defense doesn't react as fast because the BJGE and suddenly WoodHead is halfway down the field

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Re: Law Firm's Running Success a Product of Talent or Blocking? : Totally agree. That last to years I'm sick of seeing the high percentage of empty set not even showing run or even pretending it's a threat.
    Posted by tompenny

And why we won meaningless games but got stuffed in the playoffs...

Sections
Shortcuts