lawson to the bengals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

lawson to the bengals

looks like roth is the last man (OLB) standing. go get him Bill!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: lawson to the bengals

why? they must have made him a big offer with all that cap space they have to fill...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ponyoto. Show ponyoto's posts

In Response to lawson to the bengals:
    [QUOTE]looks like roth is the last man (OLB) standing. go get him Bill!!!!
    Posted by artielang[/QUOTE]

I dont see BB going all out for Roth. I suspect if BB did not stike by now..he probably decided to get a veteran on the cheap.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Bengals agreed to terms with LB Manny Lawson on a one-year, $3 million contract.

Obviously the guy was not out savior if that's all he can get.  It's either Roth or what we already have. 

Oooooooooooooorr

Osi Height: 6-3 Weight: 261

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skadude22. Show Skadude22's posts

Why would anyone voluntarily sign with Cincy these days?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Manny got less than I thought he would.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

why the hell didn't we sign him for 3 million?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Totally wasted. I hate BB's arrogance sometimes! Sign a god-d@mn OLB!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

I like to give the benefit of the doubt to the experts but it seems like Lawson would have been a good fit here for just $3mil.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Was Lawson that good?  Didn't see Frisco play much, but never heard he was a good player.  In fact, word is in scouting reports that he is an underachiever.  And he's not exactly a fit size-wise for the Pats' prototypical 3-4 OLB.   

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Maybe we aren't going to the 43 after all? From what I've read Lawson was more a fit for the 43 (which is surprising). Supposedly he could cover well, and was decent against the run. He's tall, so I can picture him running with a tight end. At 3 million for the season, you could of put Wright, Wilfork, Haynesworth, Moore or Cunningham up front and Mayo, Lawson, Fletcher or Guyton as your three backers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I'm sick of all the Roth talk too now. Apparently he's not that good either

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DCSoxFan13. Show DCSoxFan13's posts

In Response to Re: lawson to the bengals:
    [QUOTE]Totally wasted. I hate BB's arrogance sometimes! Sign a god-d@mn OLB!
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's quite a reaction in response to signing a guy who has underperformed since he was drafted.  The 49ers thought so little of him that they didn't bother to bring him back.  Also, the fact he only got $3M on a 1-year deal tells you that the rest of the league wasn't rushing out to sign him.   

Bottom line, he's likely headed towards a journeyman type of career and clearly the Pats (and the rest of the NFL) didn't value him as highly as this  board did.  

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Rusty, they think that not because you mention his name but you've been drooling over him for weeks. Just go read your last post in the Matt Roth where are you thread. 86 tackles is monster production? And don't jump down my throat because of this, I thought he'd be a solid fit here too, just trying to explain how it is easy to misinterpret some of your posts.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Its not hard to grasp. I agree with everything you wrote. I was hoping for Kiwanuka but Roth was my second choice when the Giants resigned him. Roth is a nice player but I don't understand where the enfatuation came from on here. For a time people were convinced he was the next Vrabel

20. This post has been removed.