LB's tonight - Beauharnais and Anderson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

LB's tonight - Beauharnais and Anderson

What did you think of Steve Beauharnais and James Anderson tonight?

I thought Anderson looked absolutely horrible.  He was getting pushed around all night, out of position to make tackles, over pursuing, can't cover in the passing game, did not like what I saw.

As for Beauharnais, he was okay when I would watch him, seems to have a nose for the ball but I was mostly focusing on the horrible play of Anderson.

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: LB's tonight - Beauharnais and Anderson

Didn't really notice Beauharnais but Anderson looked awful as did Fleming. Buchanon was also poor, he seemed to get sealed easily all night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Didn't watch the game...

What was Anderson being asked to do?

Was he out there with the 1st team D?

I only ask because he's a definite OLB and I wonder if he was playing out of position...per BB's preseason MO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Didn't really notice Beauharnais but Anderson looked awful as did Fleming. Buchanon was also poor, he seemed to get sealed easily all night.

[/QUOTE]

the Patriots had a hard time all night w/ not sealing the edge

Finch flinched

Mallett underwhelmed in a big showcase for him

Jimmy G impressed

still, on par for a first pre-season game. We all know pre-season is meaningless; other than a learning opportunity for players and coaches

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Beuharnais seemed to be around the ball whenever he was out there.  Good reads, good movement.

Anderson was a bit of head scratcher.  Not sure what his problem was but he didn't seem to be in tune with the D.

Agree that setting the edge was an issue all night for the D.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Anderson looked bad. I still have hopes for him but this is why I keep warning people the 2nd FA period doesn't result in the players think we can get from it. I have no clue why everyone keeps thinking you can get these magically players from the 2nd FA period. Still I want Anderson to prove to be the exception and had high hopes for him because we are really thin at the LB spot for sure.

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I really thought most of them looked bad - during the game I kept thinking...they can't be this bad, can they? And they most likely aren't.

Buchanon looked lost most of the night, he did have a sack, but is that enough? I didn't see anything special out of him.

I thought Will Smith looked pretty good, he had a nice bull rush that got called for a face mask penalty and he didn't get pushed back on third and shorts. I think he's going to help, which is surprising do to his age and knee injury.

Logan Ryan was terrible last night. Just terrible. And the safeties didn't look good either.

It was good to see Vince out there and I thought he looked pretty damn strong. It looked like Kelly wasn't doing as well.

Honestly I was kind of stunned our offensive line looked that bad, they didn't give anyone a chance to do anything in the running game.

I was really hoping I'd get a chance to look at James White, but he only got a few carries. In those limited carries I thought he looked solid...showed a little power on one run, buy yet again the line just didn't give any of these backs any room or time to do anything.

Our run defense was poor all night, but that's what you always see during those early preseason games, I don't think I've ever seen anything different.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I thought Anderson looked absolutely horrible.  He was getting pushed around all night, out of position to make tackles, over pursuing, can't cover in the passing game, did not like what I saw.

As for Beauharnais, he was okay when I would watch him, seems to have a nose for the ball but I was mostly focusing on the horrible play of Anderson.

I dont think anyone really stood out defensively but Its not a concern to me...Yet. BB likes to put his team at disadvantages during preseason to make them better. Example # 1 is we played lots of 3-4 with personnel thats probably not suited for 3-4.(Z.Moore struggled at DE because he is a 4-3 DE) BB likes for players to work on their weaknesses. He likely didnt scheme at all. Anderson was playing out of position. Not making excuses but Im sure he is still trying to learn the D. Id like to see him a few weeks in. S.B. played hard but he is a guy honestly that you hope doesnt see the field. Hard worker but just isnt talented enough to start.

Anderson looks bigger than I remember. His role here will be minimal and reduced to pass coverage only unless injuries happen. Once he is utilized in his role, he will be better IMO but make no mistake, he def. could be cut too. Just never know. I do like what I saw from Fleming. He made a couple plays.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Neither of these guys is a starter so they're playing primarily for back up minutes and that final linebacker spot.  They were terrible, I write some of this off to them playing against the 1st team offense for Washington but both of these guys are smaller and play smaller, they took bad angles and seemed overmatched even though our defensive front got very little pressure.  If there is a choice to make I would keep Beauharnais, he seemed to be around the ball more often.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Long ways to go here....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I really thought most of them looked bad - during the game I kept thinking...they can't be this bad, can they? And they most likely aren't.

Buchanon looked lost most of the night, he did have a sack, but is that enough? I didn't see anything special out of him.

I thought Will Smith looked pretty good, he had a nice bull rush that got called for a face mask penalty and he didn't get pushed back on third and shorts. I think he's going to help, which is surprising do to his age and knee injury.

Logan Ryan was terrible last night. Just terrible. And the safeties didn't look good either.

It was good to see Vince out there and I thought he looked pretty damn strong. It looked like Kelly wasn't doing as well.

Honestly I was kind of stunned our offensive line looked that bad, they didn't give anyone a chance to do anything in the running game.

I was really hoping I'd get a chance to look at James White, but he only got a few carries. In those limited carries I thought he looked solid...showed a little power on one run, buy yet again the line just didn't give any of these backs any room or time to do anything.

Our run defense was poor all night, but that's what you always see during those early preseason games, I don't think I've ever seen anything different.

[/QUOTE]

This is what I saw. Preseason is not for wins and losses but you never want to get dominated. They ran all day and we couldnt get anything going. Looks like our Trench guys need work but it is early and The Skins have two all pro Ends. My concern is that Siliga has been our best DT to date and is down with an injury. This line is missing a young stud. Is it Easley?  It def. aint Z.Moore. He cannot set the edge. It would stink if we finally got our secondary fixed only to lose the battle in the trenches. Tuli didnt do much either. To me, it just means that until I see the starters, this is still a 4-3, hybrid nickel team. The 3-4 looked Awful Last night and Fork and Kelly started..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Bring back "SCARN"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

yeah, I posted on another thread. I thought Beauharnis might have played himself to the end of the roster, with the PAts looking at the waiver wire for other players. he was really bad. he was repeatedly suckered in on the fake hand off. out of the play repeatedly, or 2 steps behind the play.

ANderson I thought has looked bad all summer (and posted so)...

this is still a concern IMO....

before Wozzy jumps all over me saying we cannot have an all pro at every position...I am not looking for that. just a competent back up in case of injury and needed rest

Hightower will be exposed by most every NFL caliber QB...they will look for him every time and expose him. I still think Anderson can get up to speed, but so far I have been underwhelmed.

EDIT: I saw AJ Edds had a monster game last night for the Jets...

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is what I saw. Preseason is not for wins and losses but you never want to get dominated. They ran all day and we couldnt get anything going. Looks like our Trench guys need work but it is early and The Skins have two all pro Ends. My concern is that Siliga has been our best DT to date and is down with an injury. This line is missing a young stud. Is it Easley?  It def. aint Z.Moore. He cannot set the edge. It would stink if we finally got our secondary fixed only to lose the battle in the trenches. Tuli didnt do much either. To me, it just means that until I see the starters, this is still a 4-3, hybrid nickel team. The 3-4 looked Awful Last night and Fork and Kelly started..

[/QUOTE]

I didn't notice Z. Moore much, I wish I had. I think the key now is to hope Siliga and C. Jones are going to be fine and that Easley will help. I think it's very encouraging that Wilfork and Kelly were out there, I'm really not expecting much out of them, but Wilfork looked pretty good. Let's face it, Wilfork has really been the only difference maker on that line for the past five years (aside from Jones the past couple), so realistically if some of these injured guys can help (Smith, Kelly and Easley), to go along with Chandler...they might be pretty good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

^^This is the second time that RKrap has mentioned the Jets today. Did anyone else notice that?

To the people who have been duped by RKrap, congratulations.  You aren't very bright.

[/QUOTE]

Rkarp has Rusty on ignore, has made it very well known that Rusty is on ignore and Rusty continues to follow him around and talk trash about rkarp.  Rusty is a weasel. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I didn't notice Z. Moore much, I wish I had. I think the key now is to hope Siliga and C. Jones are going to be fine and that Easley will help. I think it's very encouraging that Wilfork and Kelly were out there, I'm really not expecting much out of them, but Wilfork looked pretty good. Let's face it, Wilfork has really been the only difference maker on that line for the past five years (aside from Jones the past couple), so realistically if some of these injured guys can help (Smith, Kelly and Easley), to go along with Chandler...they might be pretty good.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know the exact count that I noticed him (maybe a dozen plays) but I tried to track Z.Moore when he was out there. It will be interesting to see how many plays he was out there for when Reiss posts the D's play counts. I did notice that he lined up at both LDE & RDE. I saw one pressure on a pass rush where he was lined up at RDE & seemed to have good explosion almost beat the LT to the outside. He had ok pursuit to the ball on runs to the outside. He did get blown off the ball on one running play. Overall for a rookie from a small school I would it was what you would expect. It will be interesting to watch this kids proggression this pre-season. I'm wondering if he comes up with an injury in the 4th game if they don't feel he can contribute this year? 

Sections
Shortcuts