League Bias

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: League Bias

In Response to Re: League Bias:
    [QUOTE]Rexy - As the evidence continues to mount against the subversive teachings of Bill Belichick, Pats fans are left with nothing but whine.  There's really no way to defend themselves.  At least they can drown their sorrows.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

six dogs,
    No need for whine when Pats got punch.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: League Bias : [QUOTE]Rexy - As the evidence continues to mount against the subversive teachings of Bill Belichick, Pats fans are left with nothing but whine.  There's really no way to defend themselves.  At least they can drown their sorrows. Posted by UD6[/QUOT Glad to see the two biggest losers are getting chummy.  You are going to need some friends as the Pats resume another decade of dominance.  We are better than your teams in a REBUILDING YEAR starting rookies.  You guys should be so ashamed of the pathetic, underachieving organizations you root for. 
    Posted by Encinitas[/QUOTE]

What is a rebuilding year?  Haven't we been rebuilding since the last SB win.  Don't teams rebuild every year?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]Rexy - As the evidence continues to mount against the subversive teachings of Bill Belichick, Pats fans are left with nothing but whine.  There's really no way to defend themselves.  At least they can drown their sorrows.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Gee Doggg, you're really turning into a first class tool.  Why don't you and Phatty get a room for crying out loud.  Yeah, we whined all the way to three championships - while both you one time champ comandoes strut around like drag queens.  Keep chasing the ghosts, it'll do you both good.  Meanwhile, we'll just keep winning football games.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: League Bias : Two things: BB would never say on national TV that he wouldn't allow a gay on his team and he also wouldn't come out as being a "christian" and then judge others, as Dungheap has done many times. I bet Dungheap was good at using stolen signals, too.  He was sure good at allowing turned up temperatures and pumped in crowd noise. Cheat, indeed.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Well Dungy did employ the best signal stealer in the league so by many people's logic, that means he was stealing signals.  Therefore, everything he won is tainted.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

It could be because the Pats had been warned in 06 to stop doing it, and they kept it up, That's the only thing I can think of.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Jay - pats fans here don't appreciate that kind of logic.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]Jay - pats fans here don't appreciate that kind of logic.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Weren't ALL teams warned in 06?  Where is the logic?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: League Bias : Weren't ALL teams warned in 06?  Where is the logic?
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Logic doesn't work in Doggs world - opinions trump fact and logic.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarveMaster. Show CarveMaster's posts

[QUOTE]This commissioner has to go. The league office is so inconsistent in dealing with rule violations and the fines that no-one knows what to do. You have players questioning how they should play and tackle, film crews as to how and where to film, and owners as to what are they suppose to do about any or all of it. The Pats get slammed for filming, Denver gets slap on the wrist, Jets get off scott-free all for same violation. This is an office run amuck. The CBA is still to resolved and I have zero confidence that the NFL offices has the competence to get it done.
    Posted by harleyroadking1[/QUOTE]

You got that right! Add this to your list: I was just watching the replays of James Harrison's 100% clean sack on Fitzpatrick, (todays Buffalo game) and the Ref was in the process of throwing the flag for Roughing the Passer before Harrison even made complete contact!!! What the F#$%!! All this stuff, Spygate, excessive penalties/fines, not letting players play the game, etc. is absolute crapola. I don't care how good the Pats are doing this season, I'm to the point of just giving up on the entire NFL over this stuff. I've got better things to do with my time than watch another version of the WWF.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

This room is filled with Yahoos.  Look at all conspiracy theorists. Complaining.

These are the same people who tell the world to go skroo, yet desperately wants their affection and adulation for their team.  Please love my Patriots.

Who cares what the world thinks.  Who cares what happened in 2007!

LET
    IT
    GO!!

Bunch of thumb sukkers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: League Bias : I think it is a combination of things: 1.) Goodell was going nuts when he first came in, and all his penalties were "league records." It was like the new prisoner in jail punching the toughest guy he sees .... he was making a name for himself. 2.) The Denver Broncos supposedly self-reported the incident, albeit very late. I think those were the reasons that the penalties were different. I would tend to think that if they had not done that, then the penalty would have been been in severe excess of what NE got, simply because spying on a practice is a whole different batch of brownies than having a camera at field level.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

You're missing the point. The NY media couldn't stand seeing the Patriots as the dominant force in the NFL...and were tired of seeing their lovable Jets get grounded. So, the media seized upon this taping incident, and likened it to the NFL's version of Watergate...thereby making a mole hill into a mountain. They then pressured "Jets" Goodell for stiff penalties...and the rest is history.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kickwax. Show kickwax's posts

[QUOTE]How did the Pats get a "competitive advantage" by taping SIGNALS during a game?  That makes no sense. You WOULD get a "competitive advantage" by taping a walkthrough of plays. Jets complained about Pats, Jets are in NY, league office is in NY, therefore, pats get a large fine. Denver complained about Denver, Denver is in Denver, league office is in NY, therefore Denver gets a small fine.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Remember it was/is legal to film signals during a game, it was illegal to have the camera on the sidelines doing it.  Kind of like, its OK to film the wife naked, just not in the bathroom.  The fine for the Pats filming was out of whack relative to its impact...but the media was out of control and were basically a lynch mob.

If you read the actual wording of the rule, Belicheck had a strong case that he was in the righ.  Kraft decided this would go away if he payed the fine...this is Krafts biggest screw up he should have fought until Goodall was fired.

Personally, I think 6 minutes of practice film is worthless...there is plenty of film on these teams, other than potentially seeing a "trick" play, nothing new would be gained, that won't be obvious after 10 plays are run.

Goodall is a joke and must be removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Considering NE was made an example of by Goodell after a swift set up by the Jets from January 2006's incident in Foxborough where the Jets were in violation but the violation was never addressed by NFL personnel when it happened, Denver seemed to get off easy here as well.

As did NY.

And as did every other team that has spied in the history of the NFL.

Apparently, it's a case by case basis and the NFL really doesn't care unless they stumble upon a leaked story.

And yes, consdiering what NE did was consistent with a rule not being enforced (filming on the road from the sideline and not from granted spot by hometeam), shows how innocent NE's violation is, compared to what appears to a calculated form of NFL espionage here.

One is a mistake that actually has consistency. This particular incident shows some form of deceit and calculation AND it obviously has happened after Goodell's Draconian Spygate ruling.

The fact it was reported, but reported late, shows that McDaniels was not sure what to do.  That should tell everyone something.

Obviously, the walkthrough/practice tape had to have been offered before game time, 1 month ago.

So, why not just tell Scarnecchia to destroy the tape if McDaniels was paranoid about what Goodell might do?   Why wait?

Also, someone had to have known, other than McDaniels and Scarnecchia, that this tape existed.

And I am not buying ONLY Belichick disciples partake in this stuff. Sorry. Wasn't born last night. At night, but not last night.

Someone in the Denver organization leaked it, probably hoping to make himself look good and possibly get promoted, etc.

I also have a hard time believing Scarnecchia went off to do this on his own.  Not really buying that.   Got some free time in London and you decide to grab your camera and scale a wall at a local soccer complex? 

Sounds like someone inside tipped off the league somehow and Scarnecchia is now the fall guy with McDaniels playing dumb.

At the end of the day, this just makes for classic storytelling.   It sells. Always has.

Like Watergate, we all know there are no real rules for people "spying" on one another.  It's all fair game and everyone knows it goes on. 

Frankly, I am not really sure how one can claim something is spying and something else isn't.

I do think Goodell has a major problem enforicing rules, too.  His rules and subsequent punishments are incredibly confusing. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Geographer91. Show Geographer91's posts

What number pick did we lose in 2008?  I was just imagining who we would have drafted with the lost pick and where we would be now if we had it?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

# 20

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from goneil. Show goneil's posts

Have got to laugh at these tabloid clowns from NY. Where do they think this video taping all started? Are they forgetting BB worked in NY for the Giants and Jets. Do you clowns think for one minute this was all dreamed up in NE?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]It could be because the Pats had been warned in 06 to stop doing it, and they kept it up, That's the only thing I can think of.
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]

That's not true. All 32 teams were sent a memo reiterating the rule, which includes the entire rule. Not just NE.  That's a lie or you aren't remembering correctly.

You know the part about not using what you capture during "THE" game.

THE game.

A little confusing.

Why is filming legal, but what an intern films so important? We are supposed to believe what they film is the responsibility of the coach, who may never even see the tape?

Belichick, as I would imagine most coaches, look at the Constitution and By-Laws of the NFL as their source for rules. 

So, if Belichick had not been reprimanded for 8 years, nor had he ever seen a team punished, including the Jets in Foxborough, as we know about, why would he or anyone think there was something wrong?

You wouldn't, especially after that long of a period of time.

Also, if it was JUST NE, why didn't Goodell pick up the phone and simply speak to Belichick?

This is where we start getting into the concept of figuring out what smelled with Spygate.

Goodell got caught with his pants down and didn't like it.  A tiff between BB and Manboobs become public and it made him look bad. 

Hence, his ultra-harsh ruling that he ended up backpedaling away from since Sept 2007.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Have got to laugh at these tabloid clowns from NY. Where do they think this video taping all started? Are they forgetting BB worked in NY for the Giants and Jets. Do you clowns think for one minute this was all dreamed up in NE?
    Posted by goneil[/QUOTE]

Anyone with a brain knows the answer to that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to League Bias:
    [QUOTE]How do you justify taking away a 1st round pick in addition to imposing a hefty fine for filming something in plain sight, and then only fine the Broncos $100,000.00 a few years later for actually breaking into and recording an opponents closed, team practice? Not as if I needed any, but this is the final confirmation that the whole "spy-gate" thing was complete BS. There is no possible way to make a case that this is less severe than what the Pats did.
    Posted by e4smith[/QUOTE]
    Apples and oranges. and this Scarnecchia guy, once a cheat. Ban him for life.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]The Broncos should lose exactly what the Patriots lost. I don't care if McDaniels didn't watch it (so he claims) or not, the organization had a paid employee film the practice. The league set the standard for what the penalty should be, and the Broncos should have to pay what the Pats paid. I'm very upset about this. The hatred on the Pats is incredible. Seeing how unjust the league office is has made me lose all respect I had left for Goodell.
    Posted by magicalhobo[/QUOTE]
    Maybe if you knew the facts in both scenarios. Do your homework.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to League Bias : Can't we get Goodell to fine you Pats fans for the charges of "Paranoia, Whining and a Massive Persecution Complex"?
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]
    That's funny.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehen. Show mikehen's posts

You crybabies in Boston kill me.  The league is against you?  Boo-hoo.  I'm thinking back to the tuck play against Oakland in the playoffs before the first super bowl.  Got totally outplayed and the raiders got the shaft.  Shut up and quit crying about the last place broncos.  They fired the guy.  Babies....

Sections
Shortcuts