League really in C.Y.A. mode over Pats call

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

League really in C.Y.A. mode over Pats call

A tuesday press conference by Blandino...I bet they regret scheduling the game for Monday night where the entire country saw it. Funny that every online poll about the call has gone Pats way, so league must be feeling the heat..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: League really in C.Y.A. mode over Pats call

Rusty... I've been saying that all along when you get comments like we see from "out of town" fans that the call was correct.  Even it it didn't happen in Foxboro and happened in other games, there may be a louder cry for a correction.  But, this is the Patriots and a lot of folks like it when bad things happen to that organization.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:

A tuesday press conference by Blandino...I bet they regret scheduling the game for Monday night where the entire country saw it. Funny that every online poll about the call has gone Pats way, so league must be feeling the heat..

Most of those polls are not even done correctly - i.e., no effort to minimize bias.

If they eliminate from the sample...

Fans of NEP and fans of DEN (Manning), NYJ (#1 Pats haters), and CAR, the real public sentiment will probably skew more in favor of the Pats.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Here's the litmus test:  If this game was in NE and the roles were reversed, NFL teams would calling Goodell asking for an investigation and ESPN would have Sal Palantonio stationed outside of Gillette with up the hour updates.  NFLN would send in Breer asking him to scale the walls to break in and get a quote from BB.

No doubt about it, Sal Pal playing investigative reporter. So annoying. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Here's the litmus test:  If this game was in NE and the roles were reversed, NFL teams would calling Goodell asking for an investigation and ESPN would have Sal Palantonio stationed outside of Gillette with up the hour updates.  NFLN would send in Breer asking him to scale the walls to break in and get a quote from BB.

No doubt about it, Sal Pal playing investigative reporter. So annoying. 

Of course it would. Face it, Brady was the 199th pick in the draft. His success year to year, proves how inexact the draft is, thus detracting to all these top pick QBs who pan out to be junk. The NFL is one big machine. They hype the draft as much as the Super Bowl. NE started to be a black eye the minute they were a roadblock for golden boy Peyton. They fried them with a draft pick loss and fines, yet they still motor on, year to year. They are the gold standard and one the league desparatley wants to see crumble. Put them at 7-4 (providing they lose) after this weekend is better for the NFL than them being 8-3. Still a nice one game buffer against Denver if they do win.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Blandino is a shill.  Look him up.   He has no credentials for being the head of anything let alone NFL officials.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

The league's bureaucraticly tedious explanation may backfire as there will now be a lot of pressure on the NFL to make the "interference happened before ball contact" aspects of PI calls reviewable. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:

ESPN...just the sound of those 4 letters makes me want to ralph...Mike Tirico...what a tool...Gruden, a man who's mouth runs on both ends and neither one is ever shut....A football show host with a broadway dance captain's name, Trey Wingo...and a mass murderer with the non-football intelligence of a tse-tse fly and a tatste for antler powder commenting on the games....the entire aux. NFL house band of brothers at ESPN hates the Pats with one or two exceptions, and that's there only to show they are "fair and balanced" in their Pats coverage...ESPN is a code for "jealousy based hate and frontrunners par excellence"...as morally bankrupt as Fox Noise Network....it figures, you have one half of the BC based hubby and wife team of Hassleback on ESPN and the other on Fox Noise...perfect symmetry...

Of course the Pats got screwed...the NFL wants a new large market all energized...no mistaking the fact that one of two NFL franchises without their own logo at the 50 yard line is in Carolina...Long live the Shield...hello?!

He sucks as an ESPN-NFL commentator, she as a FOX morning host...GO BC!!!

Why you hating on Elizabeth? Cuz she's conservative? You said it best, she's a Fox

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Woodson from raiders just said it a bad no call

Brady and Gronks moms both said it was PI

i am ready to move on

looking to get number two seed I think

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Rusty... I've been saying that all along when you get comments like we see from "out of town" fans that the call was correct.  Even it it didn't happen in Foxboro and happened in other games, there may be a louder cry for a correction.  But, this is the Patriots and a lot of folks like it when bad things happen to that organization.

Too true. I was watching the game in a bar (in SW Florida) and one guy there was happy and laughing saying if it happened to any team other than the Pats he would have thought it was a bad call.                                                                                                                       

Believe me when I say that us New Englanders are hated all over.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Too true. I was watching the game in a bar (in SW Florida) and one guy there was happy and laughing saying if it happened to any team other than the Pats he would have thought it was a bad call.                                                                                                                       

Believe me when I say that us New Englanders are hated all over.

I was in Key West door the Jets debacle, heard the same thing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

The league's bureaucraticly tedious explanation may backfire as there will now be a lot of pressure on the NFL to make the "interference happened before ball contact" aspects of PI calls reviewable. 

Reviewable, maybe. But teams will be expecting to get that call and it comes up in nearly every game. I'll say it again, I don't understand the need to cover up a mistake that everybody saw. 80% of people don't agree on anything, even the Sun rise. That means even outright Patriot haters agree it was a screwup.

Just own up, apologize to Kraft and life moves on. People mess up, they're human - it would be forgotten by next week by everyone (well, except us...).

But their inability to admit that and the tortured explanation has just made it so much worse. Unnecessary and surprising from an allegedly smart organization. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to PatsGetScrewedFinally's comment:

It's funny how arrogant you Patriot's fans are assuming that if you had gotten the call on Gronk you would have score on your one untimed play.  The way Panthers defense played that night, I think the odds were in their favor to stop you. 

Considering the Pats had more yardage passing and rushing, and more first downs. So they wouldn't have a chance? Troll. Goodbye, that block button is nice.

Sections
Shortcuts