Least deserving head coach in the NFL who still has a job

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Least deserving head coach in the NFL who still has a job

The Candidates

1. Norv- Setting the bar for underacheivement and mediocrity.
    2. Shanahan- Your QB options are Grossman and Beck?  When was the last time a Shannahan coached team was legit?  2005?
    3. Garrett- Gifted the job and in his first year had epic collapses in at least 3 games.  Bonus negative..... Dumb enough to work with a Ryan brother.
    4. Reid- Track record of success is strong but when is enough enough?  Hasn't won a play-off game in 3 years.
    5. Frazier-  The roster is weak but 3-13 is 3-13, I'd guess he gets 1 more year to show progress, in that division, that could be tough.
    6.  Shurmur- I actually had to look up who the Brown's coach was.  First year, tough division, I'd put this one on Walrus Holmgren, the roster is lousy.
    7. Fat Rex-  No one else on the list was dumb enough to guarantee Super Bowls or make Santonio Holmes a captain.

I vote for Shanahan with Turner a close second.  I thought Turner was toast for sure but clearly both these guys have some serious suction with their owners.

The reason I give it to Shanahan is b/c he is in charge of the roster as well and going into a season with Grossman as your starter is inexcusable, especially for an alledged offensive guru.  His revolving door RB approach has always been maddening and how can you hire your kid as Offensive coordinator?  He's always struck me as a guy who thought he was smarter than the game, but an 11-21 record and 2 last place finishes in Washington might tell otherwise.  Maybe he should spend a little more time worrying about his QB and a little less time in the tanning bed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

Re: Least deserving head coach in the NFL who still has a job

I believe Norv is in the HOF of the LDHCITNWSHAJ!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm going with Caldwell since he hasn't officially been fired yet.

How do you take a 14-2 SB team and turn it into a 2-14 team in 2 years? You have Caldwell as your coach. I understand that losing Manning hurt but what team literally falls apart in 2 years from being the 2nd best in the league to the worst in 2 years?

Not to mention was Caldwell even a real coach or just a puppet. If he was a real coach that's bad but if he was a puppet then that makes him the least deserving

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Least deserving head coach in the NFL who still has a job:
    I believe Norv is in the HOF of the LDHCITNWSHAJ!
    Posted by gandalf433

Nice acronym usage (NAU for short)

Norv is like Constanza, during that episode where he is trying to get fired by the Yankees.  Norv has tried everything, lose play-off games at home.... doesn't work, start slow every year.....doesn't work, collapse after a good start..... nope.  He should go 0-16, just to see what would happen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

From a yap yap yap standpoint it has to be toe jam licker Rex.

But Norv is at least a quiet loser lol

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I used to think highly of Shanny as a coach, but I guess without a QB any coach can look bad.

Norv is long over due IMO.

Guys like Caldwell were really doing nothing,. Manning was the coach, and now with out him, they are gonna need a real coach.

I see you mentioned Reid not winning a playoff game in 3 years, so do you think B.B.'s tenure is over due?

I think as bad a year Reid had, a lot was out his hands and his track record sais he is better than that. I knew he would be back. I know the guy who does player presonell for the Eagles and he said they werent expecting much this year and look to make moves in 2012.

Ryan is a good coach when he keeps his yap closed, but maybe he has worn out his welcome.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Norv.. At least Caldwell can blame 14-2 to 1-15 on Polian allowing the team to age by signing a bunch of 30-somethings to max contracts that allow for zero depth signings all the while bumbling through the draft. Norv, as usual, has the best collection on talent in the league and just can''t win. They are one team that seriously needs a coach.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

Kubiak

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I don't know that I ever really believed in Caldwell but I'll give him a mulligan on 2011.  The organization was completely lost once Manning was out.  He was in the Super Bowl 2 years ago.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Ken Wisenhunt.  And how does John Fox manage to underperform in Carolina for YEARS, get fired, and land IMMEDIATELY in Denver?  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

I have to say Norv first, he should have been canned a couple years ago! Shanny needs a QB, and he should stop messing with Grossman and get a quality guy (maybe Snyder makes Irsay a deal he can't refuse involving either Manning or that top pick). He needs a personnel guy, someone who can help pick the right guy. Rex really should go, he's one of those guys who is great at being a coordinator, but stink at the top spot. He can be "buddies" with his team as a DC. The only reason Caldwell is still there is because if Manning plays next year they want a figurehead. If they make a move and start Luck I'd bet they'd bring in a coachwith more credentials...if one can be found! Frazier inherited a mess when he took on the team with Favre. With no heir apparent they had little hope but to fail. Cleveland also needs to decide on a QB before they make a change. I'd give Andy Reid a mulligan...but be expecting him to make some improvements in the offseason. They need to pay Jackson and get a backup QB as Vick can't play all 16 games. I still think someone might be able to coax Gruden into a job. I'm just glad the "least likely to get fired" coach is right here in Foxboro!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from taljr. Show taljr's posts

Expectations are killers . Rex is guaranteeing Super Bowls. We all expected the Chargers to be better, and had the talent under Norv to win a Super Bowl. Look what the expectations for Philly was this year (Dream Team talk) and the Cowboys were and the results leave everybody disappointed. The Pats have turned their roster over, gotten much younger, had some good drafting recently, and for the most part exceeded expectations as we've heard all the Jets talk about passing the torch to them. Last years 14-2 was a surprise. Fat Rex will be given a chance in NY but I'm not sure the fans will put up with his nonsense as they try to rebuild there because I do thnk they need rebuilding. He' ll be gone sooner than later if he keeps failing to live up to his promises. Now there was a comment about how Reid hasn't won a playoff game in 3 years and how BB's job would be in jeopardy under the scenario. But BB and the Pats philosophy is very different form these other teams who say screw the salary cap and go for broke only to shoot themselves in the foot with their roster. BB say it all the time, they try to build a winning team now AND in the future

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Hands down Norv and Caldwell-dead tie!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Norv - probably one of the most under-achieving HCs in the history of the pro game.

Fat Rex - his propensity for allowing his alligator mouth to overload his hummingbird a $$ has painted one whale of a bullseye on his chest.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I think San Diego would have done much better with a different head coach.  Always lots of talent, always choke when it matters. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

What about Lovie Smith?  Not the sharpest knife.  Clock management, game management and receivers coaching have been borderline criminal at Bears for years.  Lots of wasted talent. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

Nice post...for me Shanahan and Turner should be doing better and survive on their reputations, Fat Rex is on the edge, and Caldwell had to work under maniac Polian which means he was in a tough position and gets a pass.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from taljr. Show taljr's posts

Based on the talent levels of the teams the list should look something like this. Turner - SD Garrett - Dal Smith - Chi Ryan - NJJ The rest of the coaches who shouldn't have a Head Coaching job have horrible teams. Caldwell - Ind Jackson - Oak Frazier - Min
    Posted by jri37

Seems about right. Most of us think Norv is top's on all these lists.  Considering that Denver wins that division this year is an absolute travesty for SD fans.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

We don 't see a lot of Bears games here.  But I lived in IL from '98-'09, and saw plenty.  

Smith is a lovable idiot. (And Jerry Angleo was just a garden variety idiot.)  I saw so many times that he lost a game by making an absolutely dim-witted decision.  It is baffling that he has held his job as long as he has.  He never had the brains to be a HC.  Look at the QBs he has drafted with Angelo.  I mean, c'mon!

The Bears have had the talent to be perrenial contenders, just on D and ST alone. They have let more talent go for cheap than most teams ever find  (Thomas Jones, for example.) Smith (and formelry, Angelo) gets in the way of their winning.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

We don 't see a lot of Bears games here.  But I lived in IL from '98-'09, and saw plenty.   Smith is a lovable idiot. (And Jerry Angleo was just a garden variety idiot.)  I saw so many times that he lost a game by making an absolutely dim-witted decision.  It is baffling that he has held his job as long as he has.  He never had the brains to be a HC.  Look at the QBs he has drafted with Angelo.  I mean, c'mon! The Bears have had the talent to be perrenial contenders, just on D and ST alone. They have let more talent go for cheap than most teams ever find  (Thomas Jones, for example.) Smith (and formelry, Angelo) gets in the way of their winning.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

That team was playing really well until Cutler went down, and then when Forte went down they were toast.  They had just destroyed the Lions and looked to be on their way to the post season.

Lovie has his shortcomings but he did have them in the NFC title game last year.  They seem to lack playmakers on offense year in and year out, that is a GM issue and the GM is now gone. 

Sections
Shortcuts