Lee Evans a Patriot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotzking18. Show patriotzking18's posts

Lee Evans a Patriot

WR market still fertile

10:08AM ET

Trades on the way for Vincent Jackson, Lee Evans?

Subscribe to Insider for as low as $2.50/month to access the complete rumor insider

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Re: Lee Evans a Patriot

stop reaching the pats just threw away the season

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

That would be a true theft. He's talented and has been lost in Buffalo for a few years now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Evans would be solid.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Evans would certainly be a player who can take the top off of the defense. That is for sure. He isn't Randy, but he is better than relying on Price/Edelman. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

You think the Bills would trade within the division?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The Bills are out of it. They are looking for picks bad, hence the Lynch trade, I would think sending a 3rd for Evans would get it done. He's no Moss but he will go to the middle of the field and does fit the 03-04 offense that it looks like we've been moving to better then Moss did

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

How does Marshawn Lynch not become a Patriot is my question.  You got a 4th for freakin Maroney...why not turn that into Lynch?  You can sell me on the Moss trade if you're adding a guy like Lynch to be your Corey Dillon circa '04 workhorse RB. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Lee Evans a Patriot:
    [QUOTE]How does Marshawn Lynch not become a Patriot is my question.  You got a 4th for freakin Maroney...why not turn that into Lynch?  You can sell me on the Moss trade if you're adding a guy like Lynch to be your Corey Dillon circa '04 workhorse RB. 
    Posted by ShiningWizard[/QUOTE]

Remember the last time Buffalo let a RB come to NE?

Antowain Smith.

That's why Lynch isn't here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

I think the Pats will pass and see how the new guys develop.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ponyoto. Show ponyoto's posts

[QUOTE]How does Marshawn Lynch not become a Patriot is my question.  You got a 4th for freakin Maroney...why not turn that into Lynch?  You can sell me on the Moss trade if you're adding a guy like Lynch to be your Corey Dillon circa '04 workhorse RB. 
    Character issues. Maybe as unstable as Moss was/is but his rap sheet may not be to BB / Krafts liking.
    An Evans pick up would be superb. i am not too giddy on vincent jackson, he has sat out for a while and he would have to get up to speed on his fitness, playbook and Brady book all at the same time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

Lynch is in Seattle now.....

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

Patriots got rid of Hall of Famer to pickup weak kneed Branch possibly.....rumors floating......rotoworld.com

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lee Evans a Patriot : Remember the last time Buffalo let a RB come to NE? Antowain Smith. That's why Lynch isn't here.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Not sure of your point?  They won two Super Bowls with Smith and he was a big part of the team in those years. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Could be interesting.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

How many of these threads are we going to see this year? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lee Evans a Patriot : Lynch is in Seattle now.....
    Posted by m1024us[/QUOTE]

I know he's in Seattle...my point is Buffalo traded him for a 4th round pick after the Pats had already traded Maroney for a 4th round pick too.  Why not at least offer that 4th round pick from Denver to Buffalo for Lynch.  Lynch is only 25 years old and still has a ton of upside.  If the Pats are truly commited to becoming more of the 'grind it out' offense they were in the early decade, getting Lynch would go a long way towards accomplishing that. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lee Evans a Patriot : Not sure of your point?  They won two Super Bowls with Smith and he was a big part of the team in those years. 
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

Sorry, my point was that's why Buffalo wouldn't send him here...I responded to another post.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Patriots got rid of Hall of Famer to pickup weak kneed Branch possibly.....rumors floating......rotoworld.com
    Posted by sday4x45[/QUOTE]

I hate this line of reasoning.  The hall of fame has NOTHING to do with anything.  He can be a Hall of Famer and stink now.  It's almost as bad as Pro Bowler.  It is no measure of how someone plays or fits in a system RIGHT NOW.  I'd take Branch back in a heartbeat.