LeGarrette Blount Arrested

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: LeGarrette Blount Arrested

I would give Bell another season to see what he has. Last season he was a rookie who missed the start of the season which is tough especially for a rookie.

If not suspended, I can see him having a solid year

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would give Bell another season to see what he has. Last season he was a rookie who missed the start of the season which is tough especially for a rookie.

If not suspended, I can see him having a solid year

[/QUOTE]

Yeah.   He won't be suspended this year. The misdemeanor will come down, but it's also likely a DUI and then a game or two next year.

I have taken a lot of hits here pointing out their horrendous cap management, teambuilding with the pipeline and their drafts, but I think it's showing now. I have tried to warn about this for years, but Steelers and Giants fans just keep piszing in the wind. Ravens, too.  You don't just make a pick and put a helmet on the guy and promote him. It doesn't work that way.

They're very old and have a very thin roster.   Rapelisturd still doesn't get along with Haley.  Make no mistake. That in itself will complicate things and isolate Bell who is not a 3 down back.

They'll miss the playoffs again, Haley will be gone, overrated Tomlin will be canned and maybe COlbert, and they may not even resign Ben. Literally.  They haven't given him a new deal. He could be done.

Without receivers, teams will stack it and attack Rapelisturd.  This will effect Bell.   Bell is a fine complementary back, but he is not lead back material.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Blount got caught smoking a blunt... 

It just amazes me that these guys get caught doing this kind of stuff.  Don't get me wrong, if a guy wants to partake a little smoke to take the edge off a tired body or mind, by all means go ahead.  But in your car???  Surely these guys have a house, or an apartment, or even a friends place they can go enjoy themselves out of the public eye. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oye. Not good. From PFT:

The Steelers’ top two running backs were arrested together today.

Le’Veon Bell and LeGarrette Blount, Pittsburgh’s first- and second-string running backs, were in a car together and stopped by Ross Township Police this afternoon. According to Will Graves of the Associated Press, the traffic officer detected smoke coming from the car, and police found about 20 grams of marijuana in the car.

Both Bell and Blount were charged with possession of marijuana. Bell was also charged with driving under the influence. An unidentified female in the car was also charged with possession of marijuana.

The Steelers took Bell in the second round of last year’s draft, and he won the starting job as a rookie. He carried 244 times for 860 yards and eight touchdowns last year.

Blount signed with the Steelers this offseason after spending last year in New England, where he had 772 yards and seven touchdowns on 153 carries.

Bell and Blount could both now be subject to league discipline, but likely not until the case is resolved.

[/QUOTE]

Who? Does he play for the patsies?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Just plain dumb.  A little common sense goes a long way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

I always wondered why announcers pronounced his last name as "Blunt" :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to vtfanofcs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did they make it to White Castle?

[/QUOTE]

lmao. Nothing like blunts and Crave Case With Cheese

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

DWB - Driving While Black

"detected smoke coming from the car"

Is it illegal to smoke cigarettes in a car? Is it illegal for a car to burn oil? Could the officer detect, on a passing car, that the smoke was NOT either cigarette, cigar, car-related?

Should've stayed in NE....in at least CT and MA, they'd have gotten a $100 ticket and no news would have been made.

This is a non-story except the country is still largely over-reactive to pot, and Goodell has been waiting to NAIL someone after the Rice controversy.

[/QUOTE]

I dunno.  I think most compare marijuana with other vices like alcohol and cigarettes. Not sure if that is being over-reactive.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Is it illegal to smoke cigarettes in a car? Is it illegal for a car to burn oil? Could the officer detect, on a passing car, that the smoke was NOT either cigarette, cigar, car-related?

Should've stayed in NE....in at least CT and MA, they'd have gotten a $100 ticket and no news would have been made.

This is a non-story except the country is still largely over-reactive to pot, and Goodell has been waiting to NAIL someone after the Rice controversy.

[/QUOTE]

I dunno.  I think most compare marijuana with other vices like alcohol and cigarettes. Not sure if that is being over-reactive.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Except that alcohol and cigarettes are physically addictive while Marijuana is not. Oh and alcohol and cigarettes kill you....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I think the appropriate headline should have been: "Blount Caught With Blunt"

All pretty silly being that dope will be legal in the country inside of 5 years or less.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Well you cant say BB didnt use his crystal ball this time. Now we know why we let him go.

Serious note though, this is why its important for you to have a support system. Im sure Blount didnt start smoking when he got to Pittsburgh. He probably knew better when he was here and didnt find anyone on the pats roster immature enough to hang out with in that regard. Not long after signing, he made friends with the 2nd year back and realized they had something in common. Blount didnt use his better judgement and probably would have had he still been here, knowing how the Pats are. Blount probably just went home and smoked but since he found a guy on the team with that good, they probably took a burn ride. No biggie but we all know DWB is a serious offense. They better be lucky they walked away with their lives the way these overzealous cops are acting now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the appropriate headline should have been: "Blount Caught With Blunt"

All pretty silly being that dope will be legal in the country inside of 5 years or less.

[/QUOTE]

I don't care if you can buy weed at your local 7/11 or gas station mini mart, it will never be legal to smoke it while driving. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He probably knew better when he was here and didnt find anyone on the pats roster immature enough to hang out with in that regard. Not long after signing, he made friends with the 2nd year back and realized they had something in common.

[/QUOTE]

So you are saying that nobody on the Pats smokes weed on the way home from practice or games in their car? I find that a little tough to believe. These knuckleheads just got caught....nothing more.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't care if you can buy weed at your local 7/11 or gas station mini mart, it will never be legal to smoke it while driving. 

[/QUOTE]

Who is claiming it will be?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He probably knew better when he was here and didnt find anyone on the pats roster immature enough to hang out with in that regard. Not long after signing, he made friends with the 2nd year back and realized they had something in common.

[/QUOTE]

So you are saying that nobody on the Pats smokes weed on the way home from practice or games in their car? I find that a little tough to believe. These knuckleheads just got caught....nothing more.

[/QUOTE]

No I dont know what they do but if they got caught out here, it would have been  non story as weed is de criminalized. Thats why I said, it wouldnt have happened here. I dont know who smokes on the way home or not and neither do you. Ijs, different laws in different states.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Leveon Bell is a busy says the guy who thinks BJGE is a great rb. Just unbelievable..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Imagine these two were driving around a car together, how much money between the two of them, and neither would spring for a limo with a smokeless ashtray?!

Bingo! Bell and Blount were driving around together. As an added bonus, the driver, Bell, was charged with DUI: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/pittsburgh-steelers--top-two-running-backs-busted-for-marijuana-001812440.html

I had previously been critical of BB for refusing give Blount a modest two year, $2mil. deal, to keep him a Patriot. Now, it appears that BB knew what he was doing. Geez...Bell and Blount. Stupid is as stupid does.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddimaria. Show ddimaria's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry but this is complete BS.  If a car drives past you with people smoking dope in it, you can smell it.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to ddimaria's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry but this is complete BS.  If a car drives past you with people smoking dope in it, you can smell it.  

[/QUOTE]

Really?? when you are in your cruiser parked on the side of the road??  Were the windows down? Were you there? 

More likely there were sticking out like a sore thumb with a nice car in a nice neighborhood and the cop didnt know who they were.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

It sounds like Blount was not charged with anything, not even possession.

http://fansided.com/2014/08/21/legarrette-blount-leveon-bell-unlikely-suspended/#!bHyG7a" rel="nofollow">http://fansided.com/2014/08/21/legarrette-blount-leveon-bell-unlikely-suspended/#!bHyG7a

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to ddimaria's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What if the windows weren't down? Could you still smell it? Too many factors involved to make such a blanket statement.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Leveon Bell is a busy says the guy who thinks BJGE is a great rb. Just unbelievable..

[/QUOTE]

Bingo!! All I ever hear is how good BJGE is from this guy...when you say BJGE is good, you should never say anyone else is bad.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It sounds like Blount was not charged with anything, not even possession.

http://fansided.com/2014/08/21/legarrette-blount-leveon-bell-unlikely-suspended/#!bHyG7a" rel="nofollow">http://fansided.com/2014/08/21/legarrette-blount-leveon-bell-unlikely-suspended/#!bHyG7a" rel="nofollow">http://fansided.com/2014/08/21/legarrette-blount-leveon-bell-unlikely-suspended/#!bHyG7a

[/QUOTE]

That is because it was not his car.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bingo!! All I ever hear is how good BJGE is from this guy...when you say BJGE is good, you should never say anyone else is bad.

[/QUOTE]

ESPN MIke Sando

The rules for landing on my 2014 NFL Top 50 breakout players list are pretty simple:

• No rookies, because we don't have much to go on (check out Aaron Schatz's take on 10 potential impact rookies, as identified by Football Outsiders' projections)
    • No players ranked in the #NFLRank Top 100, because those players presumably have broken out to some degree already
    • Older players generally aren't featured, on the theory they are what they are
    • Finally, if a player has already signed a lucrative second contract, he probably isn't a good candidate

Keep those things in mind before peppering me with jabs and overhand rights in the comments section (I'll see you there and assure you that I, too, will come in peace). To be clear, "breakout" is a relative term. Fifty players ranked outside the Top 100 are not suddenly going to break out with All-Pro seasons, but a lot of these guys are in position to make big jumps in 2014. I came up with this list in part based on information gathered during various team camp visits and conversations with sources around the league, and I also enlisted the input of ESPN Insider NFL scout Matt Williamson.

Here are my Top 50 breakout players for the upcoming season:

1. Dwayne Allen, TE, Indianapolis Colts. Allen has already shown ability as a blocker and runner; a season-ending hip injury was what held him back in 2013, and there are apparently no limitations now. Pairing a player as talented as Allen with a quarterback as talented as Andrew Luck makes Allen a safe breakout bet.

2. Ryan Tannehill, QB, Miami Dolphins. Tannehill is not the safest choice for this list, but he's one of my favorites. Catastrophic offensive line problems and broader organizational issues have hurt him recently, but those issues have been resolved favorably for the time being. Bill Lazor's arrival as offensive coordinator from Philadelphia brings restored hope following Nick Foles' breakout season for the Eagles. Tannehill is in much better position to succeed in 2014. He has the talent to capitalize.

3. David DeCastro, G, Pittsburgh Steelers. DeCastro was quite proficient as a run-blocker while playing 15 games last season after a knee injury wiped out his 2012 rookie campaign. He has a shot at ascending among the best guards in the league if he can stay on the field.

4. Montee Ball, RB, Denver Broncos. The Broncos will remain a pass-heavy team, but with Knowshon Moreno out of the picture, Ball is in position to benefit. He'll need to bounce back from an appendectomy that sidelined him for part of the preseason. He's expected to start in Week 1 after playing in 16 games as a backup last season.

5. Johnathan Cyprien, S, Jacksonville Jaguars. Jaguars coach Gus Bradley was around top safeties when he worked with Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor in Seattle. Cyprien finished his 2013 rookie season on an upswing, and should benefit from personnel upgrades to the front seven.

6. Everson Griffen, DE, Minnesota Vikings. I've generally avoided singling out players with enough value already to have commanded lucrative second contracts. Griffen, signed to a deal averaging $8.5 million annually, will be looking to take a big step forward after playing well but not great to this point.

7. Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee Titans. Quarterbacks tend to make the receivers, not the other way around, and that is worth keeping in mind here as it relates to Titans starter Jake Locker. Still, Hunter shouldn't have much trouble outpacing his 18-catch production from last season. Catching four passes for 111 yards and two touchdowns in his most recent preseason game drove home that point effectively.

8. Terron Armstead, T, New Orleans Saints. Armstead took over at left tackle last season, and possesses the natural athleticism to thrive at the position. The Saints expect him to become a top-tier tackle quickly, and for a long time.

9. Le'Veon Bell, RB, Pittsburgh Steelers. Lots of people in the league believe the Steelers are primed for a big season, and Bell figures to play a prominent role in their success after a foot injury slowed him as a rookie in 2013. Look for the goal-line carries to go to LeGarrette Blount, however (consider that an alert to fantasy owners).

10. Andre Ellington, RB, Arizona Cardinals. Ellington has been hyped so much as a potential breakout player that the pendulum has swung back to some degree. The Cardinals love what he offers, and plan to feature him in their offense as both a runner and receiver.

11. Jamie Collins, OLB, New England Patriots. A strong finish to the 2013 season doesn't guarantee anything for Collins, but there's recent precedent in New England for ascending players making significant advances in their second seasons. His coverage skills are well-suited to the current NFL. Expect a big jump in playing time.

12. Ezekiel Ansah, DE, Detroit Lions. Ansah had eight sacks last season, and seemed to hold up well against the run. The bar for a breakout has been set high, in other words, but that is to be expected for the fifth overall choice in the 2013 draft class. A shoulder injury has sidelined Ansah at times this offseason, but he's healthier now and could be on the verge of much bigger things.

13. Tyler Eifert, TE, Cincinnati Bengals. Eifert certainly wasn't bad as a rookie, but shouldn't have much trouble breaking out after finishing 2013 with 39 receptions and two touchdowns. The Bengals will be looking to develop their play-action game, which could help create opportunities for Eifert.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

It's basically a misdemeanor charge. Bell could face a DUI for driving under the influence of weed but Blount gets a small fine.

The league will have a different take on it and it's where the 2 messed up. Regardless of your position on weed the rules in the NFL prevent you from using.

Not very smart on their part but certainly not the crime of the century.

Sections
Shortcuts