LeGarrette Blount signing two-year contract with Pittsburgh Steelers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrantW. Show GrantW's posts

LeGarrette Blount signing two-year contract with Pittsburgh Steelers

@RavensInsider 3m

Sources: LeGarrette Blount signing two-year contract with Pittsburgh Steelers:

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Re: LeGarrette Blount signing two-year contract with Pittsburgh Steelers

I assume we replace him in the draft or sign someone late, he was a good patriot for us and wish him the best.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

He certainly fits their power running style... and that's a lot of beef in the backfield, between he and Le'Veon Bell.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I'll take his place for three hundred thousand, as long as I can wear one of those no contract shirts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Good luck to him, did a decent job here...although I didn't really think we needed him back. I'm looking for an upgrade.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

Better Pitt than the Ravens...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Sorry to hear it. I thought he was showing some special ability that was a good compliment to the other two RBs we feature.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Go with Da Lord LB..you did well here, make that $$...we'll find yet another replaceable part for less...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Ridley time again lets go

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Keep an eye on LSU RB Alfred Blue on Day 3 of the draft... big, powerful kid (6-2 223) with relatively light treadwear on his tires and is underrated, IMO.  Looks like a BB type back to me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Not crushed but I thought since the Pats didn't get Moreno that Blount was going to return.  Guess not.  I really wanted Moreno and if not then keep Blount.  Didn't get either one... Damn it!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Keep an eye on LSU RB Alfred Blue on Day 3 of the draft... big, powerful kid (6-2 223) with relatively light treadwear on his tires and is underrated, IMO.  Looks like a BB type back to me.

[/QUOTE]

Could be. He's a big bruiser, but lacks breakaway speed (4.63 in the 40). RB Jeremy Hill, also from LSU, could be a 3rd round possiblilty, if he drops a bit. Another big RB...but fast: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1984260/jeremy-hill 

I'm somewhat surprised that the Pats let Blount walk...considering the way he closed out the 2013 season. But, understanding BB's preference for versatile RBs who can block and catch the ball coming out of the backfield, I can understand it.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know?? He kind of looks average too me. He gets some real good blocking and does well with what they give him, but I'm hoping for someone who can do more than that. I understand what he does have value - and it looks like he can catch a little...is big...he gets around the corner at LSU, but I don't think he'll be doing that in the NFL. 

I think you are right about him being probably a third day pick who would be good value there though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Could be. He's a big bruiser, but lacks breakaway speed (4.63 in the 40). RB Jeremy Hill, also from LSU, could be a 3rd round possiblilty, if he drops a bit. Another big RB...but fast: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1984260/jeremy-hill 

I'm somewhat surprised that the Pats let Blount walk...considering the way he closed out the 2013 season. But, understanding BB's preference for versatile RBs who can block and catch the ball coming out of the backfield, I can understand it.   

[/QUOTE]

Blue actually had a faster 40 time than Hill, at the combine (4.63/4.66).  Hill might be the best pure back in the entire draft, but he has some off the field stuff to look into, including a sexual assault and punching a dude outside a bar.

Blount also timed in a similar range when he came out in 2010 (4.70 combine, 4.59 pro day).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kinchow. Show Kinchow's posts

Eh, No big loss.  Bringing back Blount was more of a luxary than a top priority.  It would have been nice to have him back but money is tight and I think we will be fine with our existing stable of backs.  

Now with Wilfork re-signed, we need to focus our attention on OL and TE and find another DE/DT. 

Best of luck to you Blount, thank you for your hard work. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE] RB Jeremy Hill, also from LSU, could be a 3rd round possiblilty, if he drops a bit. Another big RB...but fast: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1984260/jeremy-hill 

Blue actually had a faster 40 time than Hill, at the combine (4.63/4.66).  Hill might be the best pure back in the entire draft, but he has some off the field stuff to look into, including a sexual assault and punching a dude outside a bar.

Blount also timed in a similar range when he came out in 2010 (4.70 combine, 4.59 pro day).

RESPONSE: Perhaps...but Hill, as you say, might be the best all-around player in the draft. Here's some info on RB Alfred Blue:  http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=105429&draftyear=2014&genpos=RB

[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know?? He kind of looks average too me. He gets some real good blocking and does well with what they give him, but I'm hoping for someone who can do more than that. I understand what he does have value - and it looks like he can catch a little...is big...he gets around the corner at LSU, but I don't think he'll be doing that in the NFL. 

I think you are right about him being probably a third day pick who would be good value there though.

[/QUOTE]

I also love FSU's Devonte Freeman on Day 2.  He's not a big power back (5-8 206), but he's solidly built and runs with leverage and a lot of juice... he can also catch the football and make plays in space.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Is Hill a bigger version of BJGE (law firm)?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is Hill a bigger version of BJGE (law firm)?

[/QUOTE]

I'd say he's more Eddie Lacy than Benny... in terms of natural ability/upside.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Definitely a sign the Pats did not seriously try to sign him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

again the Patriots sign a player cheap, revive their career, then let them move on.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

How about Andre Williams hes a big strong back..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I had posted earlier how badly the Steelers wanted him and the pats had drawn the line, but I didn't think the Steelers had the cap space ($1m available until June 1)

did anyone catch details on the $$$? Or did the Steelers make other moves? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Per Schefty: 2yr/3.85mil 950K sign bonus

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 3m

Steelers gave RB LeGarrette Blount a two-year, $3.85M deal, including a $950K signing bonus.