In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ridley time again lets go

[/QUOTE]

The hairs on my neck just stood up

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Re: LeGarrette Blount signing two-year contract with Pittsburgh Steelers

Two things come to mind here:

1.  BB must be eyeing a supeiror receiving RB veteran who can also run between the Tackles.  I have no idea who this might be, whether it be a pending trade or a camp cut due to cap hells all over the league, but it has to be the case.

2. The lack of a market on Blount and BB's lack of interest tells me they still love Bolden and want every back to be able to run between the tackles and be able to catch, with Ridley the weakest in the latter area.

Carry on.

PS I don't need RKrap's supposed "inside info" to know this. lmao

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

with ridley and vareens contracts espiring after this season I see BB surprising us all and selecting Carlos Hyde in the 2nd round.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Keep an eye on LSU RB Alfred Blue on Day 3 of the draft... big, powerful kid (6-2 223) with relatively light treadwear on his tires and is underrated, IMO.  Looks like a BB type back to me.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know?? He kind of looks average too me. He gets some real good blocking and does well with what they give him, but I'm hoping for someone who can do more than that. I understand what he does have value - and it looks like he can catch a little...is big...he gets around the corner at LSU, but I don't think he'll be doing that in the NFL. 

I think you are right about him being probably a third day pick who would be good value there though.

[/QUOTE]

I also love FSU's Devonte Freeman on Day 2.  He's not a big power back (5-8 206), but he's solidly built and runs with leverage and a lot of juice... he can also catch the football and make plays in space.

[/QUOTE]

I'll check him out. Thanks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

I would have thought Blount would be worth 2 million a year,to the pats ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

[QUOTE]

Keep an eye on LSU RB Alfred Blue on Day 3 of the draft... big, powerful kid (6-2 223) with relatively light treadwear on his tires and is underrated, IMO.  Looks like a BB type back to me.

[/QUOTE]MB you were closer to correct when you asked me about Storm Johnson, 6'1" 217 lbs

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEOHPatsFan. Show NEOHPatsFan's posts

In response to natesubs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

with ridley and vareens contracts espiring after this season I see BB surprising us all and selecting Carlos Hyde in the 2nd round.

[/QUOTE]

love Carlos Hyde...I watch every Buckeye game and this kid can bring it.  He had some minor off field stuff and had to serve a 4 game suspension but he is a monster in the back field.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

I think it's 85% chance BB drafts another RB. Time to look closely at the prospects...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think it's 85% chance BB drafts another RB. Time to look closely at the prospects...

[/QUOTE]

He will do both:

1. Sign a veteran.

2. Draft an RB.

Ridley and Vereen are both due for deals so he needs leverage, not to mention depth.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

With the Giant in an outright cap hell and floundering with knee jerk FA moves, Andre Brown might be a good depth veteran signing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Blount farce trauma...  Tampa rental connection almost complete.  Revis to put in a good year and then SEE YA.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Good for him, good for Steelers, and good for Patriots.  Blount's play in the NFL is a lot like his play at UO (University of Oregon). He's got big plays and hard yards in him. He is faster than he looks. He is a classic big back.  But, in todays NFL is not a 3 down back.  He plays like one, but its really not his game.  Its hard for guys like him to earn big 3 down back money.  

We will see him on the highlights ever couple of weeks. He'll get his thousand +  yards at Pitts. But, ultimately he is not the type of back to feature with Tom Brady. My take is a lower cost Blount type of back can be found in the draft for a lot less cash.

Good luck to all.    

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Blount 7 Ridley were a great duo...  For the past 3 years (verifiable and recognizable in the past 2), NE finally had simply a SOLID Run D, middle front.  IF I had to attribute this with 1 guy, I go with Spikes...His disruption, his instincts, his play direction altering when he'd penetrate, him taking on 2-3 offensive guys so someone else could be open for a play, his reads and already stepping towards the play direction 2-3 steps before the hike, his jarring hits making ball-carriers hesitate.  Likewise, For the past 2 years (verifiable and recognizable in the past 1), NE finally had simplay a SOLID Running Game.  IF I had to attribute this with 1, then 2 things, It'd be Ridley, then the Ridley and Blount combo.  NE is a beastly place to run the ball (elements), NE's Offense is built big and long...but not Minnesota, Phili-type O-Line, HEFTY.  They make way for fat-in-the-trunk, man-man run O-Line grinding, for the best combo of zone-bloking, Long & fleet of foot but "as big as you can still be to churn in the trenches still."  THIS is and has been and always WILL Be, WHY a BIG RB works VERY well with a NE O-Line.  Add in ball-control & game-tempo & wearing down the D throughout the game's duration & D & O complimentary football, disguising the high percentage better successful-chance pass, etc., etc., etc...

Shoot, ADD in 2014 reality- O-Line personell set-up, No A class WR (possession high-percentage guys), Our top TE mess...  Keeping Blount made sense without these current things...

Look, IF Belichick had signed Revis and Browning and simply kept Spikes and Blount...I'd be freaked.  1 top DE/DT type in the draft & I could say NE had the best lookin' D I had ever seen (2001 included).  That would've been a freakshow.  Now I feel that NE has shored up a pretty decent already (finally) Secondary, and made it noteably better...but still needs 1 stud DE, and suddenly has just-POINTLESS defeciencies BB made for themselves with a #1 enforcing type MLB, and a starting RB...  In otherwords, I feel that for NO reason, We shored up a pretty good Secondary, in to something Really Good, and then took a finally Really Good Run D, and a finally Really Good Run Game...and scr#wed-it back in to the negative-average.

The rose-colored that just see the past game/past year might think different...  But we had those O Run game & Run D aspects of our team, solved.  This pointlessly careless type'a FA stuff, ticks me off.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

PS I don't need RKrap's supposed "inside info" to know this. lmao

[/QUOTE]

You are a jealous little sissy.  He provides solid info, you provide nothing.  Bwahahahahaha!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Go get us Chris Johnson!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

We'll miss those crazy, big runs and KR's that broke games open. When Blount ran big it was more exciting than any WR  making a big catch. 

Good luck in Pitt, except when you play us!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Steelers gave RB LeGarrette Blount a two-year, $3.85M deal, including a $950K signing bonus.

Spikes @ 3.25 mil for 1 year w/ a base of 1.25 mil...

What would've kept Spikes here, if he signed a 3.25 mil prove it deal w/ Bills?  2 years @ 5 mil...?!?  3 years @ 7.40 mil?  4 years @ 9.75 mil???! 

Sheez...for what I thought Blount & Spikes brought to the table...good grief, IF Pats FO worked these 2 into ANY sorta multi-year contract together, Could NE have kept 2 of the 22 starters on the field THIS year, for 4.5 mil combined?  Yup...for the 2014...for their respective cap hits & giving them each a multi year contract....yeeeup.

That's st#p!d sh-#t.

What's the team Cap #$?  Good grief...for 2 starters...good grief.  That's Early playoffs-Superbowl worthy type-junk.  Dang...sicka dvmb stuff for Huge, solid role players.  And these guys were young & already proven as B+ starters, plain and simple.  They weren't A...but they were 2 young, proven solid B+ contributors.  I hate dvmb stuff.  No "negative nancy"....no "he thinks he can do it better than belichick"...This is, 2 B+ proven starters...each 1 pain-inducing beasts towards the opposition...ugggh.  please. dvmb, dvmb, & dvmb...stop being THIS blindly cheap.  NE finally shored up their run game w/ Ridley + Blount.  NE finally shored up their middle D formidableness & really stout run game w/ Spikes & (well, mosta the same guys that they didn't quite have a stout interior unpenetrable middle w/ -Mayo, VW, etc).  I do not want st#p#d stuff giving us a 1st Rd playoff victory and No SB w/....this silly stuff makes me think progress and solidifying aspects that made us weak 2-3 years ago, a fallacy.  Don't SCR#W stuff up for silly $ after you've shored up a weakness we had within the past 2-3 years+ (or several) in the run game, & in the past 3-4 years in the run d game <minus the past 1-3 when we had these guys>.  Errrrrrgggh.  silly stout, complete, solid, pain-inducing, taking-it-to-then, Football Game stuff.  Stout stuff.  Enforcing your will on them stuff.  Early playoffs to SB stuff... Proven contributor & Impact play & momentum changing player stuff. 

dvmb, dvmb, cheap stuff.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:

Yup.  Time to revisit filmwork...Think 6'0 and 230...  Think nothing under 5'11 and 225lb.  Think guys to the hole really quick, AND hard, yet instinctive enough to shift and alter change of direction based on their field awareness of the flow of the trenches developing in to any breathing room.  No big play...no scat, no open field knick-knacks...  Think the aforementioned in prospect filmwork.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

Good luck to him, did a decent job here...although I didn't really think we needed him back. I'm looking for an upgrade.

[/QUOTE]

Upgrade on 5.0 ypc, 750 yards and 7 td's as a split time power running back playing in a system where the 3rd down back plays 30% of the snaps?

Might as well bring in Barry Sanders while we're at it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Blount 7 Ridley were a great duo...  For the past 3 years (verifiable and recognizable in the past 2), NE finally had simply a SOLID Run D, middle front.  IF I had to attribute this with 1 guy, I go with Spikes...His disruption, his instincts, his play direction altering when he'd penetrate, him taking on 2-3 offensive guys so someone else could be open for a play, his reads and already stepping towards the play direction 2-3 steps before the hike, his jarring hits making ball-carriers hesitate.  Likewise, For the past 2 years (verifiable and recognizable in the past 1), NE finally had simplay a SOLID Running Game.  IF I had to attribute this with 1, then 2 things, It'd be Ridley, then the Ridley and Blount combo.  NE is a beastly place to run the ball (elements), NE's Offense is built big and long...but not Minnesota, Phili-type O-Line, HEFTY.  They make way for fat-in-the-trunk, man-man run O-Line grinding, for the best combo of zone-bloking, Long & fleet of foot but "as big as you can still be to churn in the trenches still."  THIS is and has been and always WILL Be, WHY a BIG RB works VERY well with a NE O-Line.  Add in ball-control & game-tempo & wearing down the D throughout the game's duration & D & O complimentary football, disguising the high percentage better successful-chance pass, etc., etc., etc...

Shoot, ADD in 2014 reality- O-Line personell set-up, No A class WR (possession high-percentage guys), Our top TE mess...  Keeping Blount made sense without these current things...

Look, IF Belichick had signed Revis and Browning and simply kept Spikes and Blount...I'd be freaked.  1 top DE/DT type in the draft & I could say NE had the best lookin' D I had ever seen (2001 included).  That would've been a freakshow.  Now I feel that NE has shored up a pretty decent already (finally) Secondary, and made it noteably better...but still needs 1 stud DE, and suddenly has just-POINTLESS defeciencies BB made for themselves with a #1 enforcing type MLB, and a starting RB...  In otherwords, I feel that for NO reason, We shored up a pretty good Secondary, in to something Really Good, and then took a finally Really Good Run D, and a finally Really Good Run Game...and scr#wed-it back in to the negative-average.

The rose-colored that just see the past game/past year might think different...  But we had those O Run game & Run D aspects of our team, solved.  This pointlessly careless type'a FA stuff, ticks me off.

[/QUOTE]

A very solid post. Letting Blount walk after what he did the last 3 games before the Denver game shows how little value BB places on the run game. Ridley will be gone next year after rushing for another 1,300 yards, 12 tds this year tas the lead back. Vareen will probably stay on as an under valued(in todays NFL) Kevin Faulk type. 

Spikes was truly a dominant run stuffing LB in the Ted Johnson mold. A guy like that even though he is slightly less then a 3 down player always has a place in a BB defense...unless he didn't conform to the Patriot Way. This guys reminds me of how Adalius was his last year. (No longer bought in)

I don't like losing Blount but I really believe Ridley and Vareen as long as they are healthy will be a top 5 RB 1-2 punch in the league....but with that said I fully expect BB to draft a young RB in round 2 or 3, to take over in 2015 and avoid paying Ridley 20 million. BB feels any power RB will do for a 2-3 year period, and it isn't worth it to pay much more, The 1 time he did(Dillions extension for a bunch of $) ended badly(his release 1 year later)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Look, I'm lovin' the 2 LSU backs.

Jjeremy Hill in my eyes, is the best back in the nation (don't think he's ranked it though).  BB just might...just might get'im w/ that late 2nd rder.  He plays p#ssy...like he'd knee you in the facemask if you were in his way.  He's got somewhere to go.  It's evident & apparent.  Both guys are downhill, down, and downhill.  But Hill's a racer downhill.  This guy IS special.  2nd-3rd rd grade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_67w8sjuo8

Here's the 2nd LSU guy...  Limited time...  But downhill...Gooood waiting for his blocks to develop...AND downhill, like Hill.  BOTH Big guys.  This guy's young, remember...and not nearly developed as Hill.  This guy is a nice 5th Rd work in progress type.  I think NE could get'im in the 6th:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnEF5FG7zIE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-gL9wNVdHc

Don't doubt this guy...he'd be a steal of a developmentory RB in the 6th=STEAL.  He has got the size, smash-mouth, patience, young-legs, downhill...very smart draft selection late.

Here's a guy whom should be better than he is...but isn't...And he's O.k.-Good...He should simply be better.  Decent lean, decent flow, decent field vision...exceptional size=These combined=He should be better.  That's tough for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIX0j0NTLmA

That Hill kid...and the way RBs are undervalued in the draft...and this, an ostensibly underwhelming draft class of NFL RB prospects.  Jeremy Hill might be a steal.  Look at'm...He runs, just p!ssy.  Smash ya in the face if you were in his way...good field angling.  Hill runs IN-stinctually.  Hill is a natural Runningback.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

TC...check out the guys in the previous post.  Difference between Spikes and AD was that AD was 7 mil for all-hype, no impact, all-mouth, all-a-the-time.  Dang he svcked.  Think I said this once:  Noone in a Pat uni, hyped the way AD was brought in, could not take over or even impact a game...the way AD could. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I look for p!ssy on the DL...to me, that's DE/DT/NT Ra'Shede Hageman and RB Jeremy Hill.  Spend the 1st 4 Draft selections, acquiring those 2...and use the 4th comp, the 5th, 6th, and 7th to acquire a bone-thumping ILB.  I was thinkin'a this guy...but ain't sold on him.  NOT happy 'bout lettin' Spikes and Blount go for chump-change.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rB3E-8KsOk

I look for guys, where they are on The DL...but have been "cut" somewhere and play the game of ball sorta p!ssy <untapped potential and humbly reserved>.  Add this w/ the A#1 criterion placed towards and behind/fueling/backing the aforementioned top 2 criterias/criterion:  Guys who play the game & playing the game, where & wherein, The other guy, is in their way...  They need to go somewhere else & the other thing is their way.

I see that in Hageman and Hill...not quite so much in Losenko.  Hageman & Hill?  Yup.  They've been cut and they wanna hurt someone but not really hurt someone (so it looks like they really, really, REALLY could hurt someone).  They have reserved "sun flares"...and their "flare" is already scary...  THAT, makes an NFL prospect. 

They hurt people, and know its their duty, and do not really want to, and don't understand, and they have to, and it is what it is, and they are smart because it is their job to stop them, and the other must see that, and it is not their fault.

^ If ya can grasp tha brand of lunacy then you can find a scary NFL Prospect...that is it.

Excuseless

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Good luck to him, did a decent job here...although I didn't really think we needed him back. I'm looking for an upgrade.

[/QUOTE]

Upgrade on 5.0 ypc, 750 yards and 7 td's as a split time power running back playing in a system where the 3rd down back plays 30% of the snaps?

Might as well bring in Barry Sanders while we're at it.

[/QUOTE]

I keep asking myself who the real Blount is.  Was his nice little streak an anomoly or a sign of things to come?  I think the Pats believed it was not something that could be counted on.  I would have been happy seeing him get more than 5 carries for 6 yards in the AFCCG.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Blount was a guy who stacked up a bunch of yards on long runs after bursting through big holes. When the going was tough he was just as useless as Ridley. He took better care of the ball then Butterfingers, but isn't the type of guy who could get you a few yards even when the O-line is getting manhandled.

The RB situation remains a weak spot with or without him, but it would have been nice to retain the formidable HR threat he posed, even if it was only going to happen against weaker teams.

Just another area that the GM has choked in.