LeGarrette Blount

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

LeGarrette Blount

Pats deal Demps and a 7th to TB for Blount.  Thoughts?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: LeGarrette Blount

I like the deal. $1.75 against the cap however. 

Coaches must be really sour on Bolden....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

My bad, titletown. Your thread didn't show when I posted mine...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

How does he add to our team/ running game? I know he is a bruiser at 6' and 247 but I have not followed his career.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

he can punch any Jet player in the face and Im ok with it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Special teams just got worse? Demps was drafted to help w/ kickoff and punt returns.

Looks like Edelwoman and McCourty will take on that chore now?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

BB seems to like to rehabilate some of Schiano's problem children.  

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rkarp1. Show Rkarp1's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

Special teams just got worse? Demps was drafted to help w/ kickoff and punt returns.

Washington was signed as the returner

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

-

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Don't like the trade at all. Why do we need Blount? Bad character and hasn't played well in 2 years. We gaveaway a demps and a 7th. Ridley is the goal line guy? I don't get it....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Blount hasn't exactly been the picture of durability and seemingly has gotten worse and worse since his rookie year, better that we got something for Demps though.... still, rather we got more picks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Don't like the trade at all. Why do we need Blount? Bad character and hasn't played well in 2 years. We gaveaway a demps and a 7th. Ridley is the goal line guy? I don't get it....

Yeah, I am not sure what BB sees. I like toughness as much as anyone but ...I can only imagine there was no way Demps's situation with continuing his track career was going to work and BB felt he had already enough picks in the 7th round. He'll give Blount a shot to compete with Bolden (and Ridley) for a position...we'll see if he makes the team.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Leon Washington

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

You simply have to like Blounts guts and toughness...if you need 2 yards to move the chains late in the game he'll get it for you...

I watched him get stuffed at the goal line from 2 feet 3 straight times last year and I think it was against the saints.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

Washington will return KO's & punts and Edelman will return punts also.

thanks for the reminder

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Being a Tampa resident and watching/following to some extent, the Buccaneers, here's my amateur scouting report on Blount. Big, strong guy but not as much of a downhill ballcarrier as you would think. Does have some athletic ability, as evidenced by some of his highlight reel carries hurdling defenders, etc.

Criticisms focus on his blocking, intelligence and his goal line ability. For a 250 lb. guy, he should be like Jerome Bettis on the goal line, but he's not good at it at all. He's good in the open field and once he builds up momentum, he will run over guys (or jump over them), but he's not a classic power back.

He doesn't block well and he's a bit of a head case. He's not Corey Dillon, and he's not as good as Ridley, not even close in my opinion. From what we saw of Bolden, I don't think he's any better than him either. I'd compare him a little to Brandon Jacobs, but a bit smaller. He'll have his moments, but isn't dependable.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I like the deal. $1.75 against the cap however. 

Coaches must be really sour on Bolden....

How about BB is really sour on Ridley and his terminal case of fumbleitis?  Brandon Bolden can run rings around Ridley imo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Being a Tampa resident and watching/following to some extent, the Buccaneers, here's my amateur scouting report on Blount. Big, strong guy but not as much of a downhill ballcarrier as you would think. Does have some athletic ability, as evidenced by some of his highlight reel carries hurdling defenders, etc.

Criticisms focus on his blocking, intelligence and his goal line ability. For a 250 lb. guy, he should be like Jerome Bettis on the goal line, but he's not good at it at all. He's good in the open field and once he builds up momentum, he will run over guys (or jump over them), but he's not a classic power back.

He doesn't block well and he's a bit of a head case. He's not Corey Dillon, and he's not as good as Ridley, not even close in my opinion. From what we saw of Bolden, I don't think he's any better than him either. I'd compare him a little to Brandon Jacobs, but a bit smaller. He'll have his moments, but isn't dependable.

Thanks! These are significant criticisms. He does not sound like a Patriot. I wonder what BB thinks he will add to the team? Or is he just a camp body to ramp up the competition level?

25. This post has been removed.