Leigh Bodden re-signed back to Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from blazed21. Show blazed21's posts

Leigh Bodden re-signed back to Patriots

JasonLaCanfora CB Leigh Bodden"s deal 1/ Pats is for 5 yrs/$28.5 M! $10 M guaranteed. More on NFL.com

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Re: Leigh Bodden re-signed back to Patriots

NICE!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

How about them Cowboys?!

Where are all the rebuilding year haters?
    Obviously the Pats are taking care of business.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

pumped about this

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

The foundation and the talent is there if we can get some continuity on D this could be a solid squad.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

This is significant.  That defense is looking better by the minute and, from the look of things, they're not done. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

Very nice deal for both sides. Bodden finally gets some nice(and well deserved) money for the first time in his career. The Patriots keep a good starting CB at a team friendly deal. For comparison, this deal is almost identical to Jabari Greer's deal with the Saints and he is not as good as Bodden.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

the globe is so incompetent fans have to break the news now... SMH at breer and the rest of the MEdiots

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

This is great news. I was really worried they were going to let him walk. I don't think a lot of people  (even Pats fans ) realize how good Butler is going to be. With Merriweather coming on, I like the way our secondary is shaping up. We still need some help at DE and LB. Hopefully we can get that done. And become a little more complex and agressive on defense as far as playcalling is concerned.

On offense, that Oline is a mess, so I don't know if we are going to fix that in one offseason. But I think we can fix it. Josh Reed would make an excellent 3rd option. I still think we will regret not getting Boldin- especially in 2011. But I think this reciever corp will be a lot better than people think- no matter who they add.  And maybe Brady can get back to being Brady- distributing the ball instead of being a gunslinger and trying to force it into 2 receivers. And they still need a massive overhaul offensively as far as the playcalling goes. It was way too predictable last year. I think that's why teams were shutting us down in the second half. And they need a legit 1,500 yard RB. Somebody defenses actually fear. But hey, Curtis Martin was a fith or sixth round pick. So you never know. They need to forget about the bruisers and go after a guy that can actually get yards without a gaping hole. And maybe even make defenders miss in open space. Taylor, if we keep him, is an excellent goaline running back . And Sammy Morris is no slouch either. We don't need a power back 

I don't know about this year. But I think this team has the potential to be a contender in 2011 with a couple of decent offseasons. Not to mention Oakland's draft pick which they should be able to turn into a gamebreaker.

Maybe I've got my rose colored glasses on, but things are looking a lot better now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Most excellent!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Cool.  He was a bright spot on the D.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

How much was Asante's deal?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Resigning another "core-player," this very good.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I would like to take this opportunity to thank blazed21 for correct usage of "re-sign" in the title of this thread.

I've been reading "resign" for two weeks now and I've been trying to break myself of the annoying habit of nitpicking every grammatical misstep I encounter on forums like this one. Re-sign is when you sign again. Resign is when you quit.

Anyway  . . .

It's not really important.

carry on.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradythebest. Show Bradythebest's posts

Good deal! I like it alot. Team friendly! Especially when Dunta robinson signed a 6/57mil deal. Now we can focus on OLB, offensive line, TE and receiver.

Imagine if atleast two of Wheatley/Tyrone McKenzie/Brandon Tate/Ron Brace/Shawn Crable/Myron Pryor pan out. We will be the elite team again. Deal for Greg Olsen and sign a receiver and go get lombardi!

Play calling needs to get better. BB cannot be that dumb to not to hire OC/DC. He must have a plan in place. Last year looked so bad calling wise, may have to do with injuries to Moss, Tate and others. 

I also think we need a FB and need to replace Center.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I'm pretty happy about this as well as Wilfork. If they sign Crumpler and a good outside LB That would be a pretty successful FA going into the draft.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to Re: Leigh Bodden re-signed back to Patriots:
    This is great news. I was really worried they were going to let him walk. I don't think a lot of people  (even Pats fans ) realize how good Butler is going to be. With Merriweather coming on, I like the way our secondary is shaping up. We still need some help at DE and LB. Hopefully we can get that done. And become a little more complex and agressive on defense as far as playcalling is concerned. On offense, that Oline is a mess, so I don't know if we are going to fix that in one offseason. But I think we can fix it. Josh Reed would make an excellent 3rd option. I still think we will regret not getting Boldin- especially in 2011. But I think this reciever corp will be a lot better than people think- no matter who they add.  And maybe Brady can get back to being Brady- distributing the ball instead of being a gunslinger and trying to force it into 2 receivers. And they still need a massive overhaul offensively as far as the playcalling goes. It was way too predictable last year. I think that's why teams were shutting us down in the second half. And they need a legit 1,500 yard RB. Somebody defenses actually fear. But hey, Curtis Martin was a fith or sixth round pick. So you never know. They need to forget about the bruisers and go after a guy that can actually get yards without a gaping hole. And maybe even make defenders miss in open space. Taylor, if we keep him, is an excellent goaline running back . And Sammy Morris is no slouch either. We don't need a power back  I don't know about this year. But I think this team has the potential to be a contender in 2011 with a couple of decent offseasons. Not to mention Oakland's draft pick which they should be able to turn into a gamebreaker. Maybe I've got my rose colored glasses on, but things are looking a lot better now.
    Posted by dafoe

I think we should go after B marshall, and then draft OLB, TE (or trade for olsen), CB/RB (wilson/gerhart), OL (veldheer), WR, FB, P
    we have plenty of picks this year and the pieces are starting to fall together, i think marshall would be a trump card to the jets signing cromartie, after all revis cannot cover both moss and marshall and i believe that cromartie is overrated. 
    I think crable is going to actually make it past preseason and will play close to his potential finally. Mckenzie will provide another stud at ILB. this will let us move Guyton to the outside for a speed passrush. if we can pick up another passrusher/DE a TE and an O-line stud (veldheer) i would feel great about this draft. I believe that our WR set isn't as bad as everyone says i believe that tate will provide a good compliment to moss and endelman will provide a good temporary substitute for welker. if we could get marshall our WR core would easily be one of the best in the league.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Great move.  solid CB for this team. 

Sections
Shortcuts