Lemme get this straight...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

Lemme get this straight...

I posted a thread last week about "channeling my inner felger" where i basically suggested that we all collectively take felgey's advice and embrace the hate constantly being spewed at the Pats by those outside Patriot Nation. And the past day or 2 I find myself in a position of trying hard to keep things in perspective and follow my own (and felgey's) advice.

Dont get me wrong it really doesnt make me "angry" or overly defensive per se, I dont feel the need to try and explain away the pats past transgressions to every outsider with a warped perspective...but after a few days of cruising the internet and following the reactions of the national fans and media, I find myself more bewildered than anything at all the venom being directed our way. And the utter lack of common sense by most. I guess I would rather vent among my fellow Pats fans rather than begin getting in p!ssing contests with yahoos all over again.

It's not the least bit suprising that Greg Easterbrook has used this as an opportunity to continue his spygate crusade against BB, but I had to shake my head at Jason Whitlock's perspective that somehow "spygate" must be considered in the wake of another Pats postseason meltdown.

I would think most professional sports journailists would be smarter than that, and it only serves to rally the Pats haters and reinforce their own lack of common sense. Boards and comment sections all over the internet are once again running rampant with spygate taunts and this retarded idea that the Pats havent won a Super Bowl since spygate because they cant videotape.

I suppose it is to be expected from certain football fans (especially those of AFC teams who the Pats have routinely beaten over the years), because these fans are driven by team loyalty and the need to somehow justify their teams lack of success (and the Pats overall success) by conveniently playing the spygate card. As we know it's a bult in excuse, fine.

But when writers and broadcasters fan the flames and incite the troll mob it makes me wanna throw up in my mouth.

I am not trying to justify anything. I wont even get into the age old practice of sign stealing that every single football coach in history has employed to varying degrees, nor do I care to get into the finer points of the taping rules and all that nonsense...just one very simple common sense point.

HOW IN THE HELL CAN SPYGATE AFFECT THE PATRIOTS ONLY IN POSTSEASON GAMES?

Seriously, if the Pats success was based on videotaping as so many are still suggesting, how come it only rears it's ugly head 1 game a year? Would it not affect every single game they play? How can they put together 16-0 and 14-2 seasons post spygate, yet fans will conveniently point to it being a factor when they go down in the playoffs? SMDH.

Rival fans are one thing...but someone like Jason Whitlock should know better than that. Not to mention he was on inside the NFL recently and credited Brady and The Patriot Way...then turns around after a loss and tries to reopen that can of worms? It's beyond me...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

Re: Lemme get this straight...

Here's a thought haters...maybe, just maybe, the Pats have lost in the postseason for a variety of reasons and none are related to spygate at all. Like the fact that they have simply run into teams that were hungrier and more motivated, teams with stronger defense than ours that found a way to stifle TFB...thats a credit to the performances of the giants, ravens, and jets and has zero to do with videotaping.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Lemme get this straight...:
    [QUOTE]I posted a thread last week about "channeling my inner felger" where i basically suggested that we all collectively take felgey's advice and embrace the hate constantly being spewed at the Pats by those outside Patriot Nation. And the past day or 2 I find myself in a position of trying hard to keep things in perspective and follow my own (and felgey's) advice. Dont get me wrong it really doesnt make me "angry" or overly defensive per se, I dont feel the need to try and explain away the pats past transgressions to every outsider with a warped perspective...but after a few days of cruising the internet and following the reactions of the national fans and media, I find myself more bewildered than anything at all the venom being directed our way. And the utter lack of common sense by most. I guess I would rather vent among my fellow Pats fans rather than begin getting in p!ssing contests with yahoos all over again. It's not the least bit suprising that Greg Easterbrook has used this as an opportunity to continue his spygate crusade against BB, but I had to shake my head at Jason Whitlock's perspective that somehow "spygate" must be considered in the wake of another Pats postseason meltdown. I would think most professional sports journailists would be smarter than that, and it only serves to rally the Pats haters and reinforce their own lack of common sense. Boards and comment sections all over the internet are once again running rampant with spygate taunts and this retarded idea that the Pats havent won a Super Bowl since spygate because they cant videotape. I suppose it is to be expected from certain football fans (especially those of AFC teams who the Pats have routinely beaten over the years), because these fans are driven by team loyalty and the need to somehow justify their teams lack of success (and the Pats overall success) by conveniently playing the spygate card. As we know it's a bult in excuse, fine. But when writers and broadcasters fan the flames and incite the troll mob it makes me wanna throw up in my mouth. I am not trying to justify anything. I wont even get into the age old practice of sign stealing that every single football coach in history has employed to varying degrees, nor do I care to get into the finer points of the taping rules and all that nonsense...just one very simple common sense point. HOW IN THE HELL CAN SPYGATE AFFECT THE PATRIOTS ONLY IN POSTSEASON GAMES? Seriously, if the Pats success was based on videotaping as so many are still suggesting, how come it only rears it's ugly head 1 game a year? Would it not affect every single game they play? How can they put together 16-0 and 14-2 seasons post spygate, yet fans will conveniently point to it being a factor when they go down in the playoffs? SMDH. Rival fans are one thing...but someone like Jason Whitlock should know better than that. Not to mention he was on inside the NFL recently and credited Brady and The Patriot Way...then turns around after a loss and tries to reopen that can of worms? It's beyond me...
    Posted by HOFFBURGER[/QUOTE]

Lazy journalism at it's best.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Embrace the hate? You and Barry Obama are obviously soul mates. I prefer General  McAullife's reply at Bastone "Nuts"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

In Response to Re: Lemme get this straight...:
    [QUOTE]Embrace the hate? You and Barry Obama are obviously soul mates. I prefer General  McAullife's reply at Bastone "Nuts"
    Posted by TSWFAN[/QUOTE]

obama eh? lol i dont do the whole dog and pony show we call politics..."embrace the hate" came from a felger rant last week on sports hub.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]Embrace the hate? You and Barry Obama are obviously soul mates. I prefer General  McAullife's reply at Bastone "Nuts"
    Posted by TSWFAN[/QUOTE]

Yes, and you have your nose firmly implanted in Sarah Palin's rear.  General McAulife was a democrat you jerk.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lemme get this straight... : Yes, and you have your nose firmly implanted in Sarah Palin's rear.  General McAulife was a democrat you jerk.
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

Uh, What has McAulife being a democrat got to do with it? Do you have a comprehension disability?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lemme get this straight... : Yes, and you have your nose firmly implanted in Sarah Palin's rear.  General McAulife was a democrat you jerk.
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

Furthermore your head maybe be up Barry's rear. How's the view from there? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Easterbrook beats this theme like a drum.  When we lose.  When we win, he continually points out that our strategies are superior to other teams.  WE were the first team not punting inside our own 40, he constantly berates other teams for it.  I used to like the column, now its like for every good thing he says, he punishes me with 5 stupid ones, so I have stopped reading it at all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benamn. Show Benamn's posts

it is easy to define the Pats winning and losing...........since they were exposed as cheaters they haven't won a superbowl......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]it is easy to define the Pats winning and losing...........since they were exposed as cheaters they haven't won a superbowl......
    Posted by Benamn[/QUOTE]

Please don't talk about cheaters.  Trip much?  How about illegal practices?  How about bending the rules a little with 5 fake injuries?  Little much don't ya think?
    Your team has been exposed as loud mouth, immoral, crass, cheating, sexual deviant and harassing freaks.  You will get yours!  You haven't won anything...The East still goes through Foxboro. Fool