Leon was impressed .....but

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Leon was impressed .....but

11th in points allowed per gm at 21.1 w/ a total of 274 for the season so far. Could it be better sure but I know it's better than than the 19th ranked team. I think you know that 19th ranked team well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:

Hey good afternoon my horribly accented neighbors from the North and how are ya?I must say that watching the pats offense on Monday night was quite impressive.The refs threw you a bone early on the phantom defensive interference call but the pats lookd good.Brady is as good as it gets BUT always keep in mind that Defense wins Championships and Offense scores points.

Your defense is weak at best and there is always that ugly issue of the "Curse" that is looming.Lets save that discussion for another day. You'll say they didn't it and I'll say they did. I speak for everybody in the country on this subject...outside of NE of course. So lets stay on point and discuss the pats defense.What is it now the 4th or 5th different set of DB's in the backfield for the pats this year?

Your eloquently written and well thought out posts are always welcome.

Over that last 4 weeks they have actually had the lowest allowed QBR of any team in the league in addition to being one of the top turn over D's in the league. They held the #2 O in the league to under 14 points which all 14 came it what amounted to garbage time (see Hou's starters being removed late 3rd early 4th). But, yeah other then that our teams D stinks. We can't ever compete with a team like the Jets D who gives up on average 2.4 points per game more then the Pats D against weaker competition. 

Did anyone ever tell you you're funny :p

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

when all else fails, bring up spygate, eh leon....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Leon - did you give up on your team so much that you've already decided the Pats are getting to the SB and as such plan to use the D as a reason for not winning it? I want to know, from a fan of a team that hasn't made the SB in over 40 yet alone win one, wouldn't you give a lot just to see your team in a SB? If so then this D will do what your team couldn't even dream of

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I love Leon.  Every time I need a good laugh, I come search the board for his intellectual posts.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Hey the Jets still have a slim shot at the playoffs . if not this then they'll get em next year right?

Offense Defense or Special Teams . The pats can lead in every category going into the SB and it won't matter.The "Curse" is there and it's real.

Yup-that was bile that just shot up in the back of your throats!Don't worry nobody thinks the pats are becoming the Bills of the early 90's.....not yet anyway.

well if the pats have a curse, whats the jets excuse?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

I love Leon.  Every time I need a good laugh, I come search the board for his intellectual posts.

Stated perfectly

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Hey good afternoon my horribly accented neighbors from the North and how are ya?I must say that watching the pats offense on Monday night was quite impressive.The refs threw you a bone early on the phantom defensive interference call but the pats lookd good.Brady is as good as it gets BUT always keep in mind that Defense wins Championships and Offense scores points.

Your defense is weak at best and there is always that ugly issue of the "Curse" that is looming.Lets save that discussion for another day. You'll say they didn't it and I'll say they did. I speak for everybody in the country on this subject...outside of NE of course. So lets stay on point and discuss the pats defense.What is it now the 4th or 5th different set of DB's in the backfield for the pats this year?

Curse huh? So what curse is the Jets organization being terrorized by?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Hey the Jets still have a slim shot at the playoffs . if not this then they'll get em next year right?

Offense Defense or Special Teams . The pats can lead in every category going into the SB and it won't matter.The "Curse" is there and it's real.

Yup-that was bile that just shot up in the back of your throats!Don't worry nobody thinks the pats are becoming the Bills of the early 90's.....not yet anyway.

This is why I never will fault a Jet fan for trolling because that's their motto. In a way I feel bad for them

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Like last year the pats may get to the SB but your defense just won't be able to stop anybody.Even if they do and Brady has another Hall of Fame game the pats can't win and won't win.

The Curse of Spygate just won't allow it to happen.Something screwy will happen and the other team will always win the big game. That Karma can be a B ITCH sometimes. happened twice just may keep happening.

I'm counting on it and couldn't think of a more deserved team then the pats.Thanks BB!

That is all.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

What Leon brings to this board you can find in any dairy barn.  In about the same quantities.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

I would rather support a team that wasn't convicted of cheating any day then a team that did cheat and was convicted of cheating.

Any way gang. Leons hungry and have my mind on a delicious Chicken Marsala slice at the local pizza joint. Now there is something we NYers will always have over you besides the other NY team always trouncing you in the SB, the best pizza in the US of A.

Y'all gnaw on that awhile why I go have a delicious and nutritious slice with a side salad. Remember you are what you eat gang!

Y'all have a nice afternoon now...ya hear!?

Sir, you support a team that is convicted of mediocrity.  That says more about you than anything else.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

The Patriots have the 8th best run d in the league. And before you start to say that other teams just throw the ball consider that they have the 6th best in yards per carry. ANd that they are able to shut down a RB if they choose to (Chris Johnson had 4 yards in 11 carries as an example and Foster had all of 46 yards).

Also consider that their pass D and pass rush have been playing considerably better of late.

Consider that in the first 7 games the Pats were giving up the same yards per attempt as the NY Giants at 8.1 but in the last 6 games reduced to a reasonable 7.4 and a drop of over 3% in completion percentage. Third down D over the alst 6 games has given up a respectable 38.9% conversion rate! Better thanb the Jets and Giants for example.

The D is not yet where it needs to be but it is solid V the run, sound on third down, now reasonablly decent pass D as the pass rush is also getting better. And in all this there is a clear trend towards getting better and better. And a reason for that trend. They have a lot of young players, some new players and one or two players focusing on newer roles. In all of this they are getting up the learing curve as individuals and as a team. This is something many pundits dont seem to get. Perhaps because gettting better is a hallmark of a team like the Pats and not of teams like the Jets.

With Chandler Jones having missed some time recently (and yet the D improves) having him work back into the line up will make them better as well.  And Cunningham coming back will not hurt. He adds depth which is not to be underrated. The Patriots were making the Houston D line gasp for air in the fourth quarter. Quality depth helps to avoid those problems.

I do agree that D is critical in winning championships. Even so it took injuries to their best O lineman and the league's best TE for the Giants to squeak out a win last year. And a miracle catch in 2007 to squeak out that game too.

A healthy Pats team is better than any other team in this league. If they are relatively healthy they will win it all. That is the only thing that ahs kept them from winning recently.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

The refs threw you a bone early on the phantom defensive interference call but the pats lookd good.

No, wrong again. That flag has come out countless times before for Peyton Manning. He's the only one the announcers don't complain about when it is thrown. That's the weird love NYC sports media has for a non-local player.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

You all bit on Leon's bait..   he does the back handed compliment then slams ya!!!  He will always have a dislike for the Pats no matter how good they are and will downplay how good they are all the time!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Yep the Jets would never put a camera man on the sidelines during a game taping the coaching sideline and not the action...

They would never do that. Want to know why the Jets weren't punished?

1) They stink so no one cares

2) Taking their 1st away might actually help them. Letting them keep it is punishment enough

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts