Leon Washington Signed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Leon Washington Signed

Per Schefter. Bye Danny.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: Leon Washington Signed

Nice.  I saw him play quite a bit last year and he is still one of the best Kick Returners in the league.  He should really help our horrific kick return situation.  Any details on the contract?  Don't rule Woody out just yet.  We may never see Demps.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I posted right after you sorry

My question is they have to sign a KR/PR on the 3rd day of FA but can wait to get starters at CB, S, DT, WR? How does that make sense. I thought usually you could get returners a couple weeks into FA without much trouble

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

1 year deal... good deal.

This is the problem. I think they are too consumed by finding the good deal then they are the good player

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

My question is they have to sign a KR/PR on the 3rd day of FA but can wait to get starters at CB, S, DT, WR? How does that make sense. I thought usually you could get returners a couple weeks into FA without much trouble

Don't worry, BB is great at getting offensive back ups to play nickel back. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

No more kick return issues...

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

exactly

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

This is the problem. I think they are too consumed by finding the good deal then they are the good player

bbs modus operendi

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

No more kick return issues...

exactly.. woody wasn't gonna solve that problem. washington might even end up getting beat out by Demps. there will be good competition for the KR/PR/Backup RB roll.

+1

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Is is possible they could be working on deals for other players but that these are taking more time to negotiate while a deal for Washington was something that could be done quickly?  Is it possible that a secretive organization like the Patriots could be doing more than is visible to ordinary fans? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

exactly.. woody wasn't gonna solve that problem. washington might even end up getting beat out by Demps. there will be good competition for the KR/PR/Backup RB roll. 

He has been one of the best in the league consistently for a long time, though not completely healthy last year he averaged 29 yards a return, the season before last averaged 25.2 yards per and had 33 returns over 20 yards.  Demps will pick up where Woody left off and Washington can also chip in on third downs with a 4.7 yards per carry career average.  Only Joe McKnight was better at kick returns in 2011...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

"This is the problem. I think they are too consumed by finding the good deal then they are the good player"

BB will not buy a cheesburger from McDonald's unless the weekend newspaper has a discount coupon for that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

since when does it matter the order we fill our needs... it doesnt.. calm down. as you said its day 3 of FA. tons of time to go to fill our needs and still plenty of good players out there to sign.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

"This is the problem. I think they are too consumed by finding the good deal then they are the good player"

BB will not buy a cheesburger from McDonald's unless the weekend newspaper has a discount coupon.

nice :)  good laugh

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

bbs modus operendi

they will get atleast one solid CB, Bred. it also looks like BB will be going primarily D come draft time. 

we'lll see on "solid cb" we need top cbs.

re def, better get an elite pass rrsuher and big outside wr or 2

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

the only reason I'm happy about this is because it will p i s s Greeney off.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to thejuice1's comment:

since when does it matter the order we fill our needs... it doesnt.. calm down. as you said its day 3 of FA. tons of time to go to fill our needs and still plenty of good players out there to sign.

since the quality of the starters goes down as time goes on. Unless you think Gregory is a great starter or that you're happy Slater is the #3 WR right now or that we have Dennard.... and the only starters left on the market are Talib, Grimes, maybe Huff?

Bargain shopping comes with a price and that's talent. Anyone can fill a roster but to fill one with starters takes talented players

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Kickoff returns was probably our biggest "need" outside of a starting CB across from Dennard and a few WR's who we can easily score with a cattle call at camp...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to thejuice1's comment:

since the quality of the starters goes down as time goes on. Unless you think Gregory is a great starter or that you're happy Slater is the #3 WR right now or that we have Dennard.... and the only starters left on the market are Talib, Grimes, maybe Huff?

Bargain shopping comes with a price and that's talent. Anyone can fill a roster but to fill one with starters takes talented players

i get your point, but it has nothing to do with the washington signing. it's like breaking your leg and while your wife is driving you to the hospital your nose starts bleeding. she gives you a tissue and you yell at her "DON'T YOU SEE MY LEG IS BROKEN? WHY WOULD YOU CLEAN MY NOSE BEFORE GETTING ME TO THE HOSPITAL??"

That's exactly a great analogy. The Pats have a broken leg and BB is concerned about a nose bleed. We have returns, heck you can get a returner in the late rounds of the draft. Why concentrate on a return this early in FA (Washington, Cribbs). If you have holes across starters and talent is moving quicker in a great FA market (check prices they are extremely reasonable compared to past years) you instead look at a returner? ou get returners in week 2 of the FA period not the 3rd day in. You ge your starters 3 days in and fill out depth later