Leon Washington Signed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gogeta3980. Show Gogeta3980's posts

Re: Leon Washington Signed

In response to Godvernment's comment:

i get your point, but it has nothing to do with the washington signing. it's like breaking your leg and while your wife is driving you to the hospital your nose starts bleeding. she gives you a tissue and you yell at her "DON'T YOU SEE MY LEG IS BROKEN? WHY WOULD YOU CLEAN MY NOSE BEFORE GETTING ME TO THE HOSPITAL??"

The expectations is that most of the players will be gone because they feel that the team is on the backburner. Let them freak out... it will work out eventually... There is no reason to evaluate every move without knowing what the whole picture is. It is just constant questioning for the sake of pure speculation.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Kickoff returns was probably our biggest "need" outside of a starting CB across from Dennard and a few WR's who we can easily score with a cattle call at camp...

I can't tell if you are being serious... but if you are what about the pass rush or that Slater is our #3 WR right now, or Dennard is our only CB, or that Gregory is our starting S next to McCourty. I would put those above returns everyday

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to thejuice1's comment:

since when does it matter the order we fill our needs... it doesnt.. calm down. as you said its day 3 of FA. tons of time to go to fill our needs and still plenty of good players out there to sign.

since the quality of the starters goes down as time goes on. Unless you think Gregory is a great starter or that you're happy Slater is the #3 WR right now or that we have Dennard.... and the only starters left on the market are Talib, Grimes, maybe Huff?

Bargain shopping comes with a price and that's talent. Anyone can fill a roster but to fill one with starters takes talented players

i get your point, but it has nothing to do with the washington signing. it's like breaking your leg and while your wife is driving you to the hospital your nose starts bleeding. she gives you a tissue and you yell at her "DON'T YOU SEE MY LEG IS BROKEN? WHY WOULD YOU CLEAN MY NOSE BEFORE GETTING ME TO THE HOSPITAL??"

That's exactly a great analogy. The Pats have a broken leg and BB is concerned about a nose bleed. We have returns, heck you can get a returner in the late rounds of the draft. Why concentrate on a return this early in FA (Washington, Cribbs). If you have holes across starters and talent is moving quicker in a great FA market (check prices they are extremely reasonable compared to past years) you instead look at a returner? ou get returners in week 2 of the FA period not the 3rd day in. You ge your starters 3 days in and fill out depth later

LOL apparently it wasn't a good analogy at all. what i'm trying to say is that there is no connection between BB signing washington and BB NOT signing a starting caliber CB. 

obviously he hasn't gotten any of his targeted CB's to agree to the $ he has in mind. that doesn't mean he stops doing his job and addressing other needs. he certainly isn't going to throw more $ than he wants at a CB just to sign a CB before another position.

so he's going to put a subpar secondary on the field again because it wasn't at his price? That's the worst possible way to build a team

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I can't tell if you are being serious... but if you are what about the pass rush or that Slater is our #3 WR right now, or Dennard is our only CB, or that Gregory is our starting S next to McCourty. I would put those above returns everyday

We've had the #1 offense for what, 5 straight years...  how's that working out for us?  

Dennard is a stud, Talib is in negotiations and if he doesn't sign there are numerous alternatives.  Strong safety has been our biggest weakness in the secondary any how and there are a bunch of free agent safeties available as well... try to breathe.  Oh yeah, and there's this thing called the draft coming up...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The draft is the answer? We have 3 picks in the 1st 3 rounds. Do you truely expect to hit on every one? Has past history told you that the Pats are that good at drafting DBs and WRs in the draft? No the CB market has thinned consideribly and the WR market is non existant at this point. At best we can return to the same level that couldn't get to the SB and you find that acceptable?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to thejuice1's comment:

since when does it matter the order we fill our needs... it doesnt.. calm down. as you said its day 3 of FA. tons of time to go to fill our needs and still plenty of good players out there to sign.

since the quality of the starters goes down as time goes on. Unless you think Gregory is a great starter or that you're happy Slater is the #3 WR right now or that we have Dennard.... and the only starters left on the market are Talib, Grimes, maybe Huff?

Bargain shopping comes with a price and that's talent. Anyone can fill a roster but to fill one with starters takes talented players

That's exactly a great analogy. The Pats have a broken leg and BB is concerned about a nose bleed. We have returns, heck you can get a returner in the late rounds of the draft. Why concentrate on a return this early in FA (Washington, Cribbs). If you have holes across starters and talent is moving quicker in a great FA market (check prices they are extremely reasonable compared to past years) you instead look at a returner? ou get returners in week 2 of the FA period not the 3rd day in. You ge your starters 3 days in and fill out depth later

LOL apparently it wasn't a good analogy at all. what i'm trying to say is that there is no connection between BB signing washington and BB NOT signing a starting caliber CB. 

obviously he hasn't gotten any of his targeted CB's to agree to the $ he has in mind. that doesn't mean he stops doing his job and addressing other needs. he certainly isn't going to throw more $ than he wants at a CB just to sign a CB before another position.

so he's going to put a subpar secondary on the field again because it wasn't at his price? That's the worst possible way to build a team

there are still CB's on the market who are just as good as any CB who has already been signed. the sky is not falling...yet. if Talib, Grimes, Asomugha, Winfield, and Cason are signed and NE doesn't get in on one of them, THEN i will be concerned. 

there's also the draft.. maybe BB is really high on this years CB class and will double dip? who nows? only BB...

pretty deep draft class for DBs.. you can definitely come away with one. The pats have a late 1st round, no second round and then a third right??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Leon really disappeared on the field other than returns. Really not a 3rd down back a ymore. Do you want a 1 dimensional player taking a roster spot and cap space?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

The draft is the answer? We have 3 picks in the 1st 3 rounds. Do you truely expect to hit on every one? Has past history told you that the Pats are that good at drafting DBs and WRs in the draft? No the CB market has thinned consideribly and the WR market is non existant at this point. At best we can return to the same level that couldn't get to the SB and you find that acceptable?

excellent points!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

51 hours into the offseason and according to some of you we are an 8-8

Team. Classic. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

We've had the #1 offense for what, 5 straight years...  how's that working out for us?  

Dennard is a stud, Talib is in negotiations and if he doesn't sign there are numerous alternatives.  Strong safety has been our biggest weakness in the secondary any how and there are a bunch of free agent safeties available as well... try to breathe.  Oh yeah, and there's this thing called the draft coming up...

CB market drying up other yhan Talib. How has the draft treated ya at CB recently?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

"This is the problem. I think they are too consumed by finding the good deal then they are the good player"

BB will not buy a cheesburger from McDonald's unless the weekend newspaper has a discount coupon for that.

hahaha  good one!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

who did you want NE to sign that is better than the guys still available? i never said the draft is THEE answer, but it IS part of the answer. i still expect NE to sign one of the CBs i mentioned.

sorry bud, i can't jump on the panic train with ya. apparently i have more confidence in BB than you do.

We need 2 DBs, a DT, a SS, a Z WR, a depth WR a min, a depth OL, a pass rushing LB

tell me who would you fill these spots with in current FA and draft to fill these positions that will improve the team. Assume that at least 1 of the 3 picks in the 1st 3 rounds will fail and that's being conservative given the leagues and BBs average. 2 fail if you pick a WR or DB (sorry but BBs track record is well below 10% for those positions in the draft)

don't forget I said improve the team so just resigning Talib doesn't improve the team you need more then that

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

CB market drying up other yhan Talib. How has the draft treated ya at CB recently?

Besides Dennard, Gronk, Hernandez, Hightower, Jones, Solder, Mankins, vereen, Ridley... and on and on...

I don't have the negative outlook you do, that helps me reconcile having the winningest record in the NFL over the past decade.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Besides Dennard, Gronk, Hernandez, Hightower, Jones, Solder, Mankins, vereen, Ridley... and on and on...

I don't have the negative outlook you do, that helps me reconcile having the winningest record over the past decade in the NFL.

He said CB, other then Dennard I didn't know those others played CB too

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I don't have the negative outlook you do, that helps me reconcile having the winningest record over the past decade in the NFL.

Troy Brown played nickel back on a championship team..

In BB I trust.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I don't have the negative outlook you do, that helps me reconcile having the winningest record in the NFL over the past decade.

CB's drafted. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Troy Brown played nickel back on a championship team..

In BB I trust.

really, because Brown played the 5th CB for a team you think we can toss anyone back there and be fine for an entire game... really?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

who did you want NE to sign that is better than the guys still available? i never said the draft is THEE answer, but it IS part of the answer. i still expect NE to sign one of the CBs i mentioned.

sorry bud, i can't jump on the panic train with ya. apparently i have more confidence in BB than you do.

We need 2 DBs, a DT, a SS, a Z WR, a depth WR a min, a depth OL, a pass rushing LB

tell me who would you fill these spots with in current FA and draft to fill these positions that will improve the team. Assume that at least 1 of the 3 picks in the 1st 3 rounds will fail and that's being conservative given the leagues and BBs average. 2 fail if you pick a WR or DB (sorry but BBs track record is well below 10% for those positions in the draft)

don't forget I said improve the team so just resigning Talib doesn't improve the team you need more then that

if talib is the best CB on the market then how would they "improve" by your standards? it was talib's first year with NE, he didn't even get in a full season. same for dennard. same for gregory. same for tavon wilson. mccourty switched positions back and forth... the team will get better just by having more experience together and within the system. add in an athletic rookie with speed and winfield in the slot and i think the secondary is improved a great deal. 

How about adding another CB like a Lewis or Houston or Williams or Cox all of which signed for very reasonable money. Again with the draft, why are you so confident in the Pats ability to draft CBs? Was it Wheatley or Butler or Ras?

Sections
Shortcuts