Leon Washington signing with Titans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Leon Washington signing with Titans

wish we had a chance to see what he could do..does this mean more McCourty? (too risky!) More Blount? (no threat!) Will Boyce be actice? (would like to see what he can do)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: Leon Washington signing with Titans

I'm glad he's gone.  I never thought he was coming back (as some did).  I'd love to see Boyce back there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

wish we had a chance to see what he could do..does this mean more McCourty? (too risky!) More Blount? (no threat!) Will Boyce be actice? (would like to see what he can do)

[/QUOTE]

I wish we resigned Woodhead instead. That tiny bit we saved between the two wasn't worth the complete lack of production we got from Washington. Heck even Woodhead might be a better returnman than the guys we've tried so far

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Surprised that he did not sign up with Burger King.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

If Edelman is so good at returning punts....why not kickoffs? I've never understood why he doesn't do both....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wish we resigned Woodhead instead. That tiny bit we saved between the two wasn't worth the complete lack of production we got from Washington. Heck even Woodhead might be a better returnman than the guys we've tried so far

[/QUOTE]

That tiny bit we saved between welker and amendola could be the same

saving on woodhead and welker pretty bad downer on BB .

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Didnt need to pay wood when we had a better version in Vareen. Washington had nothing to do with signing woodhead.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Edelman is so good at returning punts....why not kickoffs? I've never understood why he doesn't do both....

[/QUOTE]

+10

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wish we could have had the chance to see what he could do too.  I don't want to see DMC or Blount returning kickoffs.  Does Boyce suck so bad that he can't get on the field?  Give him a shot, lets see what he can do, I am curious.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Didnt need to pay wood when we had a better version in Vareen. Washington had nothing to do with signing woodhead.

[/QUOTE]

Washington was Woodheads replacement. KR who was meant to be Vereens main backup as a pass catching 3rd down option. Considering Vereens injury history with the Pats if they didn't plan to have a good backup that's very bad planning on their part don't you think? Btw, Woodhead was here when Vereen was so they have played together. It's not like Vereen came in and took Woodheads job, they both played together. But, to go that route. On a per production basis who do you think cost less Woodhead or Washington? Per production Washington was the much more costly of the options for a savings of $.5mil. Yeah that $.5mil was critical must have vs the production we lost.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Washington was Woodheads replacement. KR who was meant to be Vereens main backup as a pass catching 3rd down option. Considering Vereens injury history with the Pats if they didn't plan to have a good backup that's very bad planning on their part don't you think? Btw, Woodhead was here when Vereen was so they have played together. It's not like Vereen came in and took Woodheads job, they both played together. But, to go that route. On a per production basis who do you think cost less Woodhead or Washington? Per production Washington was the much more costly of the options for a savings of $.5mil. Yeah that $.5mil was critical must have vs the production we lost.

[/QUOTE]

Vareen was drafted to fill the position that woody was thrown into, so in essence he was his replacement.No reason to pay woody 2.5 mill after we already had invested in Ridley and Vareem. Too much money allocated to the RB position. It's called team building, and we may not always agree with it(some like you disagree a lot more then others) but it works and has kept us a SB contender for 13 years. Would I have liked to keep Woody? Sure, but I understand the value system and dont cry over spilt milk.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Vareen was drafted to fill the position that woody was thrown into, so in essence he was his replacement.No reason to pay woody 2.5 mill after we already had invested in Ridley and Vareem. Too much money allocated to the RB position. It's called team building, and we may not always agree with it(some like you disagree a lot more then others) but it works and has kept us a SB contender for 13 years. Would I have liked to keep Woody? Sure, but I understand the value system and dont cry over spilt milk.

[/QUOTE]

To keep things in perspective Woodhead got $3.5mil over two years not this year. Actually the difference in this year between Woodhead and Washington was just under $.5mil. Considering you paid Washington for not even playing in total Woodhead would have cost the Pats $.5mil. Spin it however you like but if you can't afford $.5mil for a 3rd option RB you are in some real serious trouble considering your #2 RB is consitently hurt and $.5mil is essentially what you pay the 53rd man on the squad. So now you're saying the difference in price of a bare min salary is to much to give into the RB position? As far as the value system that's a load and you know it. What they gave Arrington didn't fit into the value system and nether is what they gave Ocho or cutting Lloyd. All these moves cost more than what they should have in the end so the value was not there. And where was the value for Washington btw? If you have a chance at a gallon of milk for $2 but it's 5 days expired and you'll have to toss it out immediately or pay $2.5 for a gallon that's still good isn't the value in buying the thing you can actually use? I'm sure that's a bad comparison, because with Washington not only did they waste cap space but also roster space! Not exactly great value from what I see.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Washington just lead the LG in KR yards or was 2nd, so your milk analogy is a fail. 

Woodhead got 3.5 mill, that is what the Pats had to offer to keep him, not 500k as you suggest. Just because he makes 750 in base doesnt mean the Pats could have got him for 750, but you know this so why say it?

Suggesting that washington was a bad signing ar 840k for the year is you telling us that you knew he would be injured. 

The crux of your argument against our GM is based on hindsight,  which is a luxury no general manager in sports history has ever had the advantage of.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Washington just lead the LG in KR yards or was 2nd, so your milk analogy is a fail. 

Woodhead got 3.5 mill, that is what the Pats had to offer to keep him, not 500k as you suggest. Just because he makes 750 in base doesnt mean the Pats could have got him for 750, but you know this so why say it?

Suggesting that washington was a bad signing ar 840k for the year is you telling us that you knew he would be injured. 

The crux of your argument against our GM is based on hindsight,  which is a luxury no general manager in sports history has ever had the advantage of.

[/QUOTE]

$3.5 over two years not just over this year. $3.5mil over two years for a backup RB who provided what he did is a pretty good deal. It's not like he would have been overpaid and not like they couldn't afford it for a player who was productive in their system. When I said $.5mil notice I said difference in pay. That $.5mil is the difference in pay this year. Next year Woodhead is slated for $2mil but it's not guaranteed so they could cut him with no risk minus half the signing bonus which would be $.5mil in dead money. Even still $2mil is cheap for the production Woodhead provided, don't you think? 

As for the preinjury, you are right this is one player I couldn't tell would have been preinjured, unlike Vereen and Amendola who given track records were easy calls to get injured, but he was one player I said was essentially a STer only where as Woodhead would provide production in both an offensive and STs role. You do need to pay a little more if you want the production element.

You know I hate the hindsight comments because I did say that Washington over Woodhead was a mistake when it happen same as I said Vereen was going to get injured and needed a better backup and that Amendola would get injured at some point this year and that we should pick up an extra fringe starting CB because Talib would get injured at some point too and that A. Wilson looked old and considerable slowed down right after they signed him. I was saying this back in Feb and March. How is that hindsight? BB knows much more about football then I do so how is it I could see these things coming and he missed it unless he saw it too but the value was too good, even if it meant the possibility of it backfiring like it did? BB is a gambler we see it in his play calling so no surprise his value system would reflect that so I see no issue questioning moves I felt were too much of a gamble over paying a bit more for a known.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't get why Boyce isn't just allowed to see what he can do.  I don't want McCourty back there. He's becoming one of the better Safeties in the game and he is currently wearing the mic in the helmet, too.

[/QUOTE]

Never got the Blount runback thing....Boyce has speed to burn and has to have moves or he'd never have played the slot in college....Agree that full time guys on defense or offense should NOT return kicks if possible

[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%. Half a season of seeing Blount return kicks was enough.

Boyce was active for the Carolina game and the deep returner (all kick offs were either out of the end zone or too deep to return). Last week Boyce was inactive and McCourty was the KO returner. I held my breath every time DMC returned a kick because of the injury factor.

Judging from the last two games it seems like BB has moved away from Blount handling kick offs. With the Dobson foot injury, maybe Boyce gets another shot this week.

Sections
Shortcuts