Leshoure done for the year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

Leshoure done for the year

Tore his Achilles.

Bad luck for him, Good thing BB didnt draft him in hindsight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Leshoure done for the year

I noticed that. It's sad to see these kids get hurt on top of the fact that they're losing so much money already with the new CBA.

Folks wanted people to draft Prince A. from the Giants too and he's done for at least two months.

Obviously, you can't project these injuries but it's still worth mentioning.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Wow Achillies is a big one too. Esp for RB's, he'll most likely will never be the same runner if he even returns to the NFL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

In Response to Leshoure done for the year:
    [QUOTE]Tore his Achilles. Bad luck for him, Good thing BB didnt draft him in hindsight.
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

Fail to see the coorelation between a opponents player getting inj'd at their team's practice and BB 's decision not to draft that player 
    ( I could understand if it was a pre-existing condition where a player reinjures himself )

So does this mean that if Clay Mathews (the posterboy for BB's draft detractors ) blows out his knee next week , Belichick was right to pass on him ?

LeShoures unfortunate injury has ZERO to do with the NE PATRIOTS
    ( unless of course we now trade them one of ours )

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

In Response to Re: Leshoure done for the year:
    [QUOTE]Wow Achillies is a big one too. Esp for RB's, he'll most likely will never be the same runner if he even returns to the NFL
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Yep. its like the tommy john of football.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Leshoure done for the year : Fail to see the coorelation between a opponents player getting inj'd at their team's practice and BB 's decision not to draft that player  ( I could understand if it was a pre-existing condition where a player reinjures himself )  So does this mean that if Clay Mathews (the posterboy for BB's draft detractors ) blows out his knee next week , Belichick was right to pass on him ? LeShoures unfortunate injury has ZERO to do with the NE PATRIOTS ( unless of course we now trade them one of ours )  
    Posted by CaptFoxboro[/QUOTE]

Tendon tears and pulled/strained muscle are things that generally occur because of poor conditioning, dehydration, or weaken fibers over a length of time. Although sudden tears can occur with hits or ackward movement most tendon tears are do to long term wear on them that can't take a sudden impact and snap. Wear on tendons are practically impossible to detect before hand too, when they go it's a sudden catastrophic failure. Chances are his tendon would have snapped regardless of which team he was on.

This isn't like dislocations and broken bones which tend to only occur under random circumstances if the tendon is already weaken it's a time bomb just waiting to go off. It sounds like this was the case with Leshoure

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Leshoure done for the year : Fail to see the coorelation between a opponents player getting inj'd at their team's practice and BB 's decision not to draft that player  ( I could understand if it was a pre-existing condition where a player reinjures himself )  So does this mean that if Clay Mathews (the posterboy for BB's draft detractors ) blows out his knee next week , Belichick was right to pass on him ? LeShoures unfortunate injury has ZERO to do with the NE PATRIOTS ( unless of course we now trade them one of ours )  
    Posted by CaptFoxboro[/QUOTE]

Wow, hostile.

People wanted him, BB didnt draft him, He got injured in a bad way, Looking back in hindsight its good that we didnt waste the pick on someone who may never be 100% again.

Pretty simple concept, If everyone eats the potato salad but me, and they all get sick, Im going to be damn glad i didnt eat the potato salad. Is that to say that missed out on the fruit salad the year before? maybe.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leshoure done for the year : Wow, hostile. People wanted him, BB didnt draft him, He got injured in a bad way, Looking back in hindsight its good that we didnt waste the pick on someone who may never be 100% again. Pretty simple concept, If everyone eats the potato salad but me, and they all get sick, Im going to be damn glad i didnt eat the potato salad. Is that to say that missed out on the fruit salad the year before? maybe.
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

Oh that fruit salad was amazing though. Fresh and juicy and the whole salad didn't taste of only oranges and grapefruit like most fruit salad. You could actually taste each different flavor. My mouth is watering just thinking about it, much like a fat cop inspecting a cougar's pretty feet

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

We really should have gotten some fruitsalad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leshoure done for the year : Wow, hostile. People wanted him, BB didnt draft him, He got injured in a bad way, Looking back in hindsight its good that we didnt waste the pick on someone who may never be 100% again. Pretty simple concept, If everyone eats the potato salad but me, and they all get sick, Im going to be damn glad i didnt eat the potato salad. Is that to say that missed out on the fruit salad the year before? maybe.
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

Fair enough ChasaB
    ( actually didnt mean to come across as hostile / preachy  , just wanted to point out that "accidents happen " - they usually neither confirm or deny whether a specific personel decision was correct )

In fact - If it turns out that Leshoures injury fits ENG's description ..i.e. - Pre-existing ...then I stand corrected. 

FOR THE RECORD  - I was among the many that thought that LeShoure talent level outdistanced Vareens ( at least from the limited highlight reel footage I saw )
     Truth be told - I think Kendal Hunter is the RB THAT GOT AWAY in the '11 draft ( time will tell )

If either Vareen or Ridley end up playing out their contracts here and being important contributors ...I'm a happy camper .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I like Macaroni Salad.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

From Adam Schefter on Twitter, https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter

Sobering stat of the day (aside from the Dow) 9 NFL players have blown out their Achilles tendons since start of camp.

On a recount, it's actually 10 players that have blown out their Achilles tendons since the start of training camp. Hopefully no more.

The 10 players that have blown out Achilles since start of camp: NYG CB Bruce Johnson, 49ers 7th CB Curtis Holcomb, Tenn CB Ryan Mouton...

Bengals LB Roddrick Muckelroy, Lions RB Mikel Leshoure, Titans WR O.J. Murdock, Browns P Reggie Hodges, Eagles DE Victor Abiamitri...

Saints LB Jermina Hunter and Raiders WR Derrick Jones round out the list of 10 players that have suffered a torn Achilles since camp opened.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GeneSteratore. Show GeneSteratore's posts

RIP 9th round fantasy selection. Just picked up Julio off wavers to replace him so hopefully that pans out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Truth be told, injuries are really what decides a lot of teams seasons. Just about every team will look different in November than they do today...us included, hopefully it won't be too bad. This time of year (pre season games) absolutely kill me; you sit there watching a meaningless game and all of a sudden one of your top players goes down for the count. It's bad enough in the regular season, but when it's meaningless it really stings. 

Sections
Shortcuts