Let Moss Have A Monster Season.... Franchise Him Next Year, Then Trade Him For 2nd or 3rd Rounder....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Re: Let Moss Have A Monster Season.... Franchise Him Next Year, Then Trade Him For 2nd or 3rd Rounder....

I say we resign him mid year if he has a big year. We need to keep him. Get a 2nd round pick and you roll the dice.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Re: Let Moss Have A Monster Season.... Franchise Him Next Year, Then Trade Him For 2nd or 3rd Rounder....

Last week was not the first time moss has grumbled about not feeling wanted.  It was a bit louder than the other times and maybe even more direct.  I say his sitting out of practice yesterday was an even further example about his "happiness".  That being said, he has handled this far better than I thought he would.  I think TB has rubbed off on him.  If he doesnt resign with the pats this year, I can see him going to an afc rival next year to show the pats he deserved an extension this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

You can't franchise a guy like Moss. It is insulting and given his history I am sure he would take offense to it. I agree with Killa. He has been a great teammate to have and until he drops his pants and moons the musketeers in the end zone I say we keep him on the Pats to catch tds from Tom Brady. With Brady, Moss has a shot at a Superbowl and the record books. Id like to see him sign a 4 year deal right after Brady does.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Why get rid of Moss? When Bodden and Warren come back next season the Pats will be primed to make a great run at the SB. I still think that they have what it takes this season, but I have a feeling that if they have to face Baltimore in the AFCCG they'll fall short. 

Next season, with 4 picks in the top 2 rounds, the Pats will draft an OLB, better OLmen and a RB. Ron Brace will be our starting RE come mid-season so we won't need to draft a DE. 

Brady, Moss, Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, Edelman, Tate, Price, a damn good RB and a stout OL + a defense that has Brace, Wilfork, Warren, a damn good ROLB, Cunningham with a year experience, Mayo and Spikes will be a cohesive unit after playing a year together, three really good CBs in McCourty, Bodden and Butler, Chung and Meriweather having worked together at the safety position. 

COME ON! We're one good draft away from having another dynasty team. You need Moss because Moss takes pressure off the RBs, slots and TEs. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from drewstacy12. Show drewstacy12's posts

In Response to Let Moss Have A Monster Season.... Franchise Him Next Year, Then Trade Him For 2nd or 3rd Rounder....:
    Moss will be motivated to play well to get that one last contract.  If Brady plays all 16 games there's no reason to see why Moss won't put up between 1,200 - 1,500 yards this season, 12-16 TD's this season.   Moss will probably want another deal, but the Pats probably wouldn't want to invest a ton of money in a 3 or 4 year deal.   But the NFL is a win now league, so Moss even at 34, some team will probably want to get him for a couple seasons to contend.    I say franchise Moss than trade him to a team like Bears, Cowboys, Redskins, Seahawks for a 2nd or 3rd round pick, then use that pick to trade up and find a young franchise WR in the 1st round next year.
    Posted by DuncanOrange

This is a ridiculous thought because what makes you think Moss would bring you a 2nd rd pick when Anquan Boldin was taken for a 3rd rd this offseason. A franchise tag would likely be an issue and any team looking for a player would want more years on contract for a steep price of even a 3rd rd choice. I feel they should begin extension talks now and try to get something done soon because he proved this pre-season he still has game. After all is Welker any where near as good if Moss is pulled from the equation?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Let Moss Have A Monster Season.... Franchise Him Next Year, Then Trade Him For 2nd or 3rd Rounder....:
    I dont care about record books only super bowls. Can we win with out Moss? Yes we can but why? He has not dropped in production and is a great teammate and Brady loves the guy. Pay him his money. I mean he is not going to ask for much more then he gets right now which is like 9 mill a year. So pay him. sooner rather then later as long as they get Brady done first.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

I don't think any of us care about the record books, but Moss probably does, and that might be a key in getting him to stay  here. I think we should sign him this year as well. No point in a bidding war. The problem is he fired his long time agent and is looking for max dollars. He might want to wait until he is a FA.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kildog. Show kildog's posts

I seem to remember that Moss came here for relatively short money.  I hope he has a monster season and they resign him to the deal he is worth. 
    It would be a d-ckhead move to "franchise him", then trade him for a 2d or 3d rounder and then draft a receiver - does the name Chad Jackson ring a bell anywhere?  Gimme a break.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from j24m1. Show j24m1's posts

I think 49patriots has taken RussGris.. place.. he knows who the patriots are going to draft next year, because they have been so predictible every year in the draft..oh right and we will lose to baltimore in the afccg.. no mention of colts or anyone else.. lmao... and im a complete pats fan..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

give him a contract, he should be next.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

3 year $30M is about as much as I'd be willing to give him.  Seems like a fair amount for an elite, although aging, receiver.  We are far better with him than without him.

I honestly think that the Pats will pay him, but only after the new CBA is established.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

You would have to be special to trade moss for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. What second or third round pick is going to come in and replace Randy Moss' production? I'll tell you that no one will. Atleast not in the first three years, and then its still a roll of the dice.

Moss has done nothing but produce since he got here, why not resign him? We are a superbowl bound team, why dump off a guy that can help us win the superbowl? For a 2nd or 3rd round pick that most likelly will not be able to come in a produce right away? no thanks, I know moss is getting up there in age but so is brady, you don't hear us talking about franchising him and trading him now do you? Why get rid of one of our best weapons while Brady is still in a Pats uniform? We need to keep Brady surrounded with Weapons so we can make it back to the Superbowl. A 2nd or 3rd round pick wont be able to help us do that like Randy Moss would.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Brady will have alot of influence on this I'm sure, so it will probably get done.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Let Moss Have A Monster Season.... Franchise Him Next Year, Then Trade Him For 2nd or 3rd Rounder....:
    I think 49patriots has taken RussGris.. place.. he knows who the patriots are going to draft next year, because they have been so predictible every year in the draft..oh right and we will lose to baltimore in the afccg.. no mention of colts or anyone else.. lmao... and im a complete pats fan..
    Posted by j24m1

0_0...

This is an opinion board, I gave my opinion. And I think the Ravens are the best team in the AFC that's why I have them in the AFCCG. They are the only AFC team I think the Pats will have trouble beating. You think the Colts are going to be in the AFCCG, you think you know everything!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

if he catches 90 gets 1300 combined and scores 15 he is worth @ least a 1st, not a low first but somewhere between 20 and 32...

@ the end of this year the Patriots are going to be in a position to splurge on all fronts, in the draft and FA.

Teams like the Redskins, Raven, Packers, Vikings, Texans, Titans and Falcons would have the money to spend the room to start him on the outside...

My feeling is they have tied up Brady, Fork, and there defensive starters all have another 2 to 4 years before they hit FA, so extend light, Sign Faulk and Maroney to one year deals, give Welker his pay day and tag Moss...

The tag would exceed his current salary so he';; play for it or force a trade either way the only loss we would have to deal with is Mankins... and that is fine by me if Connolly and Ojinnaka steps up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

I would do everything I could to resign him , but I can understand why Kraft would wait. Theres nothing like a hungry superfreak , Kraft wants to wait and keep him that why. Randy has always had a chip on his shoulders , but is letting everyone know now. I love Moss , the guy averages 1250/13 a year and is still the only WR that can bring you 15 + TDs. Fitz could w/ the right QB , but he did have Warner and only grabbed 14 , I believe? AJ isnt a TD guy , more of a Michael Irvin than Moss. 'Tron is a possiblity , but is at least a year or two year from becoming that type of WR. Randy cant be covered one on one and just put up 1260/13 w/ a sep. shoulder and bad back. I think he'll jump at the chance to get what he got last time. 3 years 27 million , going on 34 next year , he'd love that deal. And I see nothing wrong w/ paying a guy like Moss that clearly has at least 3 years left. I really believe that at 36-37 he still be able to grab 8-12 TDs. And I know he wants Rice's TD record , which is well in reach. If Moss plays 4-5 more years and has 2 "Randy Moss" type years , 15-18 TDs ... than he'd break Rice's record in about 4 years , including this one. If so he'd break it in 4 years , he only needs 49-50 to break it , I believe. 50 TDs , thats 4 years for Randy. And he'll do it in much less time than it took Rice. If so it would have only taken Randy to 16-17 years , to Rice's 20. Thats absolutely amazing , this guy doesnt get nearly the credit he deserves , hes only played 12 years and has almost 150 Rec. TDs ... RESIGN HIM ... like I said , try for another 3/27 million deal w/ a club option for a 4th year and his pay would reflect that final 4th year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anarchy99. Show Anarchy99's posts

There may no longer be a franchise tag to work with. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

You could draft the best receiver in every draft for the next five years and not get anyone close to being as good as Moss.  There are only 3 or 4 legit dominating receivers who make defense's taylor their game plans to stop them.  

People have been prognosticating the decline of Moss for the last 5 years.  I haven't seen a decline on the stat sheet and I haven't seen it in his game play.  Until I see Moss decline (which I don't foresee happenning for another 2 or 3 years)   I would much rather see him on the Pats.

Receiving Stats
    YEARTEAM G REC YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LOST
    1998MIN16 69 1313 19.0 61 17 51 1 0
    1999MIN16 80 1413 17.7 67 11 52 1 1
    2000MIN16 77 1437 18.7 78 15 58 2 0
    2001MIN16 82 1233 15.0 73 10 59 0 0
    2002MIN16 106 1347 12.7 60 7 66 1 1
    2003MIN16 111 1632 14.7 72 17 76 1 1
    2004MIN13 49 767 15.7 82 13 43 1 1
    2005OAK16 60 1005 16.8 79 8 46 0 0
    2006OAK13 42 553 13.2 51 3 29 0 0
    2007NE16 98 1493 15.2 65 23 74 0 0
    2008NE16 69 1008 14.6 76 11 46 3 2
    2009NE16 83 1264 15.2 71 13 62 2 1
    Career 186 926 14465 15.6 82 148 662 12 7

I like that the Pats keep an eye on the future when building their team but it just seems to me that trading a once in a generation player at his peek for what is essentially around the 50th best college player in a year is not the way to make the team better.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

And the most important thing here lets not forget , is that 81 can still ball. Even if he does exactly what he did last year , teams are going to want him. Theres are very few franchise QB's out there. I would agrue that there are fewer Elite , franchise , true number one WRs out there. Fitz , AJ , CJ , Marshall , Wayne , hhmm Im probably mising someone , oh thats right. I would put Steve Smith in that catagory as well... still feel like im missing someone , anyway you get my point , theres no more than 7-8 Elite , true number one WRs out there. And Randy is the only one that can put up 15 + TDs. Again maybe Fitz and CJ in a year or two. Im still saying resign him to another deal like the last one. 3 years/27-28 million , 12-13 guarenteed. W/ a club option for a 4th and how much is determened by how productive the 3rd was. If not there are probably about 12 teams that would love to have his services. And I believe half are playoff/SB caliber. How about Moss wearing Ravens colors , Moss , Q , TJ as your rec. corp? Moss at flanker , Q at the X and TJ in the slot , w/ RR coming out of the backfield? I can see that , along w/ SD , Phila , ATL , MIA , SF , Pitt , Wash etc. He'll have a job as soon as he wants to. Why take 12's best target away while he's still in his prime? They got to a SB when they were healthy , both were hurt last year and it was 12's first year coming back from the injury. they have connected for 37 TDs in two years , plus what would have been the game winning TD in SB44. I say give them another 3-4 years. You'll have two huge positions locked up and both are top 5 at their respective positions.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

Man look at those crazy numbers! 4 more year and hopefully 81 will be breaking JR's REC TD. record in a PATS uni.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejusox21. Show ejusox21's posts

Pay Moss!!! He has been a model player and teammate, for the most part.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

I like what someone said earlier. Resign him mid year even the bye week early. Get his mind just on football and dont trade him until he starts to show that he cant play at the level hes playing at right now. When that happens hopefully Price is ready to go along with another WR pickup or draftee. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Pay Moss!!! He has been a model player and teammate, for the most part.
    Posted by ejusox21

EJ,  Your comment is spot on. Don't let this become an issue. There is no way to replace Moss in this offense in the short term.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmarley. Show jmarley's posts

God forbid that AFC rival is the COLTS. Could you imagine what would happen if he and Reggie Wayne were at Mannings disposal? Oh my god I don't even want to think about that. If I were the Patriots I would sign him for that reason alone. 
    Last week was not the first time moss has grumbled about not feeling wanted.  It was a bit louder than the other times and maybe even more direct.  I say his sitting out of practice yesterday was an even further example about his "happiness".  That being said, he has handled this far better than I thought he would.  I think TB has rubbed off on him.  If he doesnt resign with the pats this year, I can see him going to an afc rival next year to show the pats he deserved an extension this year.
    Posted by whodeawhodat

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

You can image he be in almost any uniform and be sick just thinking about it.

SD - In that verticle passing attack, if Vincent Jackson can put up those numbers, Moss will likely be amazing in that offense.

Ind - Forget it, as good as Reggie Wayne is, he is no Randy Moss. Teaming those two up will create the best duo in the history of NFL with Peyton Manning throwing them the ball....

GB - Aaron Rogers with Randy Moss.... eh.... forget it....

Chi - Jay Cutler with Randy Moss.... eh.... Mini day v2... Bomb it every play?

Det - Megatron + Moss....

Min - Bret Favre's favorite WR finally gets to play with him....

I mean, the list goes on and on... the point is, Randy will make almost any good team look amazing, and sometimes I feel that this is really the only organization that doesn't value his service despite having the best behavier in his career yet. Two bad years in Oakland and what does Al Davis said about him? "There are only a handful of great players in the league, and Randy is a great player".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

I would put the onus on Moss, to be honest. He's babbling about wanting a contract. Well, then, offer him one.

Usually, you can save money by an earlier deal.

Offer him 3 years, with a 4th year team option.

This will tell him that he's in line here with BB and Brady's contracts, but it would give NE an out clause for 2014.

Sections
Shortcuts