Let Moss Have A Monster Season.... Franchise Him Next Year, Then Trade Him For 2nd or 3rd Rounder....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

Re: Let Moss Have A Monster Season.... Franchise Him Next Year, Then Trade Him For 2nd or 3rd Rounder....

I mean, just from reading between the lines, it tells me that he really really really wants to stay as a Patriot, and it pains him that the organization that he served well the last 3 years for isn't offering him an extension. When it is all said and done, Randy Moss might be higher in the WR chain in the history of the game than Tom Brady is to the QB chain. Why disrespect an all time great like this while he is still on top of his game?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Re: Let Moss Have A Monster Season.... Franchise Him Next Year, Then Trade Him For 2nd or 3rd Rounder....

Can anyone provide any cogent reasons for letting Moss go for a 2 or 3 round draft choice?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

MOSS! DO NOT READ THIS THREAD!  We love you, the team loves you, and we want you around a long time.  BB would never do this to you.  Don't read this thread and develop a "sc rew the fans" attitude. lol

Do you ever wonder if the players ever read what the fans are talking about?  I'm sure they all deny it, and I'm sure some do.  If you were a player, what would your reaction be to a thread like this?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

I think as a player, I probably would be too busy during the season to read forum etc, newspaper and TV yes, but not forum. Moss is extra sensitive so he might. I think the player, if he truely feel that he gave his heart and soul to the organization, will feel disappointed when reading negative threads about him. It is just human nature. Do you think Albert Haynesworth cares about what fans think and cares about if the Redskins want him or not? I doubt it. The fact that Moss cares, it speaks true value of how much he wants to stay here and win one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsPat. Show ItsPat's posts

I can understand how the Pats might be a little slow to sign Moss to a contract extension.  While he's still productive there is the fact that he's getting older and only a few special players don't start to decline when they reach a similar age to Moss.  Second, what do you offer Moss?  While there is no cap right now there will be one in the future.  Moss knows this will probably be his last big contract so we also need to know what he's looking for.  10 million a year for a guy Moss's age is a lot in my opinion.  I'd rather trade Mankins to San Diego for Vincent Jackson and pay Jackson around 10 million per year. 

I do agree with most posters in that Moss is a freak and rare player that doesn't come around often but...he is getting older and I can understand the Pats if they are wondering how much longer he can continue to be a dominant player.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Let Moss Have A Monster Season.... Franchise Him Next Year, Then Trade Him For 2nd or 3rd Rounder....:
    I can understand how the Pats might be a little slow to sign Moss to a contract extension.  While he's still productive there is the fact that he's getting older and only a few special players don't start to decline when they reach a similar age to Moss.  Second, what do you offer Moss?  While there is no cap right now there will be one in the future.  Moss knows this will probably be his last big contract so we also need to know what he's looking for.  10 million a year for a guy Moss's age is a lot in my opinion.  I'd rather trade Mankins to San Diego for Vincent Jackson and pay Jackson around 10 million per year.  I do agree with most posters in that Moss is a freak and rare player that doesn't come around often but...he is getting older and I can understand the Pats if they are wondering how much longer he can continue to be a dominant player.
    Posted by ItsPat

You only have to sign Moss for as long as you have Brady. A 4 year 40 million dollar contract is good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsPat. Show ItsPat's posts

"You only have to sign Moss for as long as you have Brady. A 4 year 40 million dollar contract is good."

That I wouldn't agree with.  How many good players are in the NFL when they are 35 years old?  I'm not sure but I'd be willing to bet it's less then 2%. I think giving Moss a 4 year deal would not be wise.  I could be wrong but I don't see Moss being dominant another 4 years.  I'd go with trying to find a top free agent WR that's younger and paying that person the money rather then a guy who is near the end of his career.  Moss could be great for another 4 years and then again he could start to decline real fast like so many other players have in the NFL when they get into their mid thirties.  He's 33, I don't think he has 4 years left as a dominant WR and I'm sure that thought is also on the minds of the Pats when considering his contract.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

agree with MVP--Brady, then Moss,---Mankins I could care less about.

Go Pats. Take down Cincy!

Sections
Shortcuts