Lets assume... 7th round picks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Lets assume... 7th round picks

Lets assume we use our assigned picks. In the first 3 rounds we take a DT, WR and a LB ( be it a CB or an OLB). You pick.   What do you use the 7th rounders on? 

I say we go DT, OLB, WR.  In the 7 th I take an OL ( center ) and DE.   It's all guess and speculation but this is where the flyers come from and practice squad guys.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Lets assume... 7th round picks

I think your right with OL. then I think BB goes with BPA, someoen who might have alot of talent but an injury history or behavior history and try to hit the jackpot again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I think seventh round is used strictly on BPA. At that point you are selecting guys you ranked higher on your board (4th or 5th or 6th round grade.) The difference between someone you ranked as a 7th value and someone that you are interested in as a UFA is pretty much the same, especially with the back end of the round pick.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The way Keenan Allen is falling is there a chance he falls all the way to the 7th round? his 4.7 40 surely didn't help his draft stock! Last year Denard punched a cop,we need to find a solid 2nd round pick to do something stupid. Maybe Hopkins the WR from Clemson does the dummy dive, trashing a room at the combine can't help his situation,whether he did it or not!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I think when you get to later rounds you really are taking at shot at talent not need/position - all else being equal. So I have no thoughts on what BB will do... I dont know how he is evaluating all those players.

I do expect at least one trade down if not two. I would not be shocked to see us trade out of round 1.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think taxi squad OL and DL will be chosen

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Below are a few potential Rd 7 kids that interest me:

WR- TJ Moe- Mizzou

WR- Sam McGuffie- Rice

WR- Trent Steelman- Army

WR- Mark Harrison- Rutgers

RB- Spencer Ware- LSU

RB- Chris Thompson- FSU

OL- Tanner Hawkinson- Kansas

S- John Boyett- Oregon

S- Orhian Johnson- OSU

DL- Kapron Lewis-Moore- ND

DL- Quinton Dial- Alabama

DL- Chris Jones- Bowling Green

DE/OLB- Joe Kruger- Utah

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

WR- TJ Moe- Mizzou

WR- Sam McGuffie- Rice

WR- Trent Steelman- Army

RB- Spencer Ware- LSU

RB- Chris Thompson- FSU

S- John Boyett- Oregon

S- Orhian Johnson- OSU

DE/OLB- Joe Kruger- Utah

But I bet some of the guys you rank much higher will fall into the 7 round (and probably some of these guys will be selected in the 5th round!)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I think unless some miracle happens we are going to need a center by next year. Be nice to hit on a project kind of guy. wasn't there questions about long snapping last year?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I want one 7th pick to go to Jeff Tuel QB Washington State. Lets face it, Mallett will be gone one way or another. Either he stays this year and leaves next year in FA or he's traded but he's not going to want to stick on the bench for the next 3-4 years waiting on Brady to retire. Tuel has a ton of potential and could be a gem of a steal because of his 11' injures and being platooned next year. I want this kid and to see what he can do in a couple of years.

After that I'd take a look of red flag fallers who could be there. Marquess Wilson, Mathieu, Ray Ray. If there isn't a day 2 talent that falls because of red flags I'd look to add depth depending on what they draft in day 1 and day 2. CB, OL, WR, DL which ever isn't taken in the first couple of days

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

WR- TJ Moe- Mizzou

WR- Sam McGuffie- Rice

WR- Trent Steelman- Army

RB- Spencer Ware- LSU

RB- Chris Thompson- FSU

S- John Boyett- Oregon

S- Orhian Johnson- OSU

DE/OLB- Joe Kruger- Utah

On any other year, I would not agree with taking BPA (defined as best FOOTBALL PLAYER available). Since these players are usually long term projects who project to be back ups anyway, I'd rather they take individuals who are outliers on something - speed (like Demps), size, tackling ability, etc - not necessary rounded players. I'd make a bet on a an undeveloped kid with high upside.

This year would be an exception. If players on your list fall that far out, they would be great additions to the team. Lewis-Moore, Dial, Ware, Moe are more talented than a 7th round rating. Dial, to me, would be the catch in that group. I don't know what his injury is, but if the chances of him getting back to normal is pretty high, I'd be all over him in the 7th.

Sections
Shortcuts