Let's define a troll.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Let's define a troll.

What would a troll do on a Pats' board?

Hmmm....

Bash Brady all the time while he is putting up one of the top 10 seasons of all-time.

Constantly complain about how the best coach in the game runs the team.

These are the key earmarks of a jets' troll. Be on the lookout for these types.

That is all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Re: Let's define a troll.

You

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Wow I don't even see Babe's post.  Just Glen's response.  LOL.  I guess we know who the troll is.  The one who asked the question.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

A Jet's fan who wraps himself in Patriot red, white and blue pretending to be a fan but gleefully comes here and slams Belichick after losses as if he had a winning percentage like the Bengal's. 

A guy who only shows up after losses, not victories, a guy who's best friend here is a Giant's fan, who doesn't believe in give and take in a conversation just insults when proven wrong, who continually brings up painful memories for genuine Pat's fans to relive and continually tries to sow discord among the fanbase.

In short, you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In Response to Re: Let's define a troll.:
    A Jet's fan who wraps himself in Patriot red, white and blue pretending to be a fan but gleefully comes here and slams Belichick after losses as if he had a winning percentage like the Bengal's.  A guy who only shows up after losses, not victories, a guy who's best friend here is a Giant's fan, who doesn't believe in give and take in a conversation just insults when proven wrong, who continually brings up painful memories for genuine Pat's fans to relive and continually tries to sow discord among the fanbase. In short, you.
    Posted by wozzy

Well said.  I thought I was the only one who noticed that this clown comes in here and does this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Somebody who derails threads to push his own selfish agenda on others. Somebody who constantly argues with other posters about the same things everyday. Somebody that will call you an idiot if you disagree with them. There are lots of trolls here, and not just fans of other teams.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to Re: Let's define a troll. : You're wrong, idiot.  We need to take the ball out of the hands of Brady, Gronk & Welker and hand it to Addai.
    Posted by Bustchise

Just out of curiosity...Where in his post you replied to does the captain write anything that would require your response?

On running the ball. We need to stop telegraphing our intentions with obvious passing or running formations. In our SB ( winning ) seasons we kept the opponent's D honest with a running game which set up the play action. We threw screens. We even did something Babe refuses to acknowledge exists...running down the clock at the end of the half and game.

Fast forward to now. It's third and 2 or 3. Everyone on the planet knows Brady is going to pass to Welker or one of the TEs. Most likely we are in the shotgun. That may work against 90% of the teams we face but come playoff time when we're likely to be going against top defenses it's no longer a good plan.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to Re: Let's define a troll. : Well said.  I thought I was the only one who noticed that this clown comes in here and does this.
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats

This circus can only support one clown. We have JetMangione aka 20 other names for that. He's the Emmett Kelly of this board.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In Response to Re: Let's define a troll. : On occasion. We need to stop telegraphing our intentions with obvious passing or running formations. In our SB ( winning ) seasons we kept the opponent's D honest with a running game which set up the play action. We threw screens. We even did something Babe refuses to acknowledge exists...running down the clock at the end of the half and game. Fast forward to now. It's third and 2 or 3. Everyone on the planet knows Brady is going to pass to Welker or one of the TEs. Most likely we are in the shotgun. That may work against 90% of the teams we face but come playoff time when we're likely to be going against top defenses it's no longer a good plan.
    Posted by glenr

Or Woodhead, the other alternative is that we had BJGE in there and at that point the opposition D knew it would be basically 100% run, this made me cringe so bad at times this season because i mean...if i know an NFL D knows 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to Re: Let's define a troll. : Much of that is true.  We had a dependable running game.  Brady was younger, inexperienced and kept on a tight leash and we had a defense that was capable of shutting the door on some of the best offenses in the NFL, make a big play in crunch time and win low scoring close games.  When we have a top 10 D and a running game that was capable of lining up in a run formation and hammering it down the opponents throat, I'd be all for it.  Until then, BB has deceided that scoring early and scoring often is the way to go.  I agree.
    Posted by Bustchise

As I said works against 90% of the teams but does not work against top defenses. Just like Babe you seem to think Brady is some kind of magician that can teleport the ball into a reciever's hands when under pressure or when the passing lanes are clogged. Face it. He's getting old and he has lost some of his nuts after the knee injury. He's also a little too in love with his own fame.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to Re: Let's define a troll. : And yes, he's getting old.  This does happen from time to time.  But to claim he's lost something compared to one of the single most impressive QB seasons on record is pretty silly.  His 2007 season was a perfect storm, 30 points higher than his prior year.  His next best two seasons of his career were this year and last year.
    Posted by Bustchise

And what happened in 2007? We played a team with a great defense in the Super Bowl who shut him down. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the idea was to win the Lombardi Trophy not provide Brady with statistics. You and Babe seem to think that if we just wave Brady's regular season passing stats at the other team they'll fall over and let us win the Super Bowl. Hasn't happened the last couple of times has it?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to Re: Let's define a troll. : Not just against 90% of the teams, it works 90% of the time.  BB has decided on the best way for us to win games.  Like any other offensive style, it can be effectively defensed.  We don't win the regular season games we have won with our current roster without this style week in and week out.  All of these wins get us the division crown and set up an easier path through the playoffs.    Imagine if we tried to be a ground and pound team against the Broncos. There is no team in the NFL that would not be happy with putting up 30 points a game, regardless of how that is accomplished. 
    Posted by Bustchise

Are you saying the coaching staff and Brady are incapable of tailoring the offensive plan to the opponent? I might agree with that.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Here's your troll parameters.

1. Constantly bashed the greatest player in Patriots' history.

2. Constantly criticizes how BB runs the team.

And we have a few of them that have already posted in this thread.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Wait,  who started this thread?

Whoever did must be hiding under a bridge somewhere.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I'm a troll!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Wait,  who started this thread? Whoever did must be hiding under a bridge somewhere.
    Posted by Salcon

Why do you say that Sal?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I'm a troll!!
    Posted by TFB12

That's impossible. You don't constantly slam Brady and complain about how BB coaches the team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In Response to Re: Let's define a troll. : Why do you say that Sal?
    Posted by BabeParilli

Just trying to be funny but in all seriousness where is the OP?

It's odd that it's not showing. 

Was there some mod interaction?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I think there is a little too much policing going on by the mods.

As far as who or what a troll is,

My definition would have to be some fan from another team who likes to hang out on this site and jump into threads just to disrupt the discussion or antagonize Patriot fans or just certain individuals. 

Sections
Shortcuts