Let's define a troll.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Let's define a troll.

In Response to Re: Let's define a troll.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's define a troll. : He is an opposing team fan visiting us on our teams board so I didn't want to hurt his feelings to to badly.
    Posted by jri37[/QUOTE]

Very commendable. You have a kind heart.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

urban dictionary defines troll as:

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

So, mebbe those on polar opposites of the spectrum re: an opinion are both trollish because they both say stuff that are equally "disruptive" and "argumentative" to each other.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]urban dictionary defines troll as: One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument So, mebbe those on polar opposites of the spectrum re: an opinion are both trollish because they both say stuff that are equally "disruptive" and "argumentative" to each other.
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

I think your theory is not adequately addressing the intent component of the definition.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's define a troll. : I think your theory is not adequately addressing the intent component of the definition.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

why is that? Maybe you need to re-read your own headline or that you don't even understand  your own subject...lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's define a troll. : why is that? Maybe you need to re-read your own headline or that you don't even understand  your own subject...lol
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should read the definition you posted.

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

Your conclusion drawn from that definition did not indicate they necessarily had intent and I simply pointed that out.

Good grief, this is like babysitting kindergarten.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's define a troll. : Maybe you should read the definition you posted. One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument Your conclusion drawn from that definition did not indicate they necessarily had intent and I simply pointed that out. Good grief, this is like babysitting kindergarten.

it didn't say that it wasn't either...lol.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]dunno about that...i know more than a few teens who are quite intelligent and know whats going on...some moreso than the adults i know
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]
    Here's your sign!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

a troll here is someone who has no interest in the Patriots and is only here to stir up trouble. saying that a player has played poorly is just their opinion and doesn't mean that the person is a troll. 

jet mangione is a troll, he is here only to bash the Patriots because he is jealous of their success and knows that his jets are somewhat of a joke around the league. he hangs around here day and night because there is nothing interesting about the jet to talk about on their forum. its very pathetic. 

i don't agree with every opinion around here regarding the Patriots but I certainly don't consider them a troll and it doesn't mean that my opinion is right either. I think that we all know who the Patriots fans are around here, weather we agree with them or not. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's define a troll. : How precious. One of The Four Imbeciles rushing to the aid of a co-imbecile. wozzydoo is still dumber than you, which seems impossible, but it's true. At least the other two imbeciles can claim insanity which leads one to suspect they might not actually be dumb as a stump like you and wozzydoo. They're just wack jobs. Why don't you tell us again oh great Pat's fan how BB is messing up coaching the team and how you have all the answers for him, then you can get into explaining how the greatest player in team history is a bigger problem than the 31st ranked defense. LMAO@U!

Babe:

I am fairly new to this forum, so would you mind naming the members of the Four Imbeciles for me?

You identified two of them already in your post, and I assume a third is the guy you argue with here every day. I guess all I need really is the name of the fourth Imbecile

Also, please rank them in order of their imbecility

Biggest imbecile, #1/Least imbecilic, #4

Please dont cop out and say their IQ (Imbecile Quotient) are equal

Thank you

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's define a troll. : Babe: I am fairly new to this forum, so would you mind naming the members of the Four Imbeciles for me? You identified two of them already in your post, and I assume a third is the guy you argue with every day. I guess all I need is the name of the fourth imbecile Also, would you do me a favor please and rank them in order of their imbecility? Biggest imbecile, #1/Least imbecilic,  #4 (Please dont cop out and say their IQ (Imbecile Quotient) are equal) Thank you
    Posted by AcheNot[/QUOTE]

Lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's define a troll. : Babe: I am fairly new to this forum, so would you mind naming the members of the Four Imbeciles for me? You identified two of them already in your post, and I assume a third is the guy you argue with here every day. I guess all I need really is the name of the fourth Imbecile Also, please rank them in order of their imbecility Biggest imbecile, #1/Least imbecilic, #4 Please dont cop out and say their IQ (Imbecile Quotient) are equal Thank you
    Posted by AcheNot[/QUOTE]

wozzydoo, truechump, lazzie and rusty are The Four Imbeciles.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE] A guy who only shows up after losses, not victories
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

See, this is why you are the gold medalist chump of this entire board. You are virtually incapable of making a single post that is not in error. You just blurt out whatever silly little notion those two brain cells of yours have concocted.

Are you trying to tell our fellow posters I only posted here after 3 games last season?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's define a troll. : i must say though i usually enjoy laz's often long-winded, circuitous rants...it would be a poorer place without him... as for queenie...well...

Laz says a lot of nothing. He postures himself as upon a high road that he is just not on. When you can actually mine a nugget about football out of his quagmire you find it to be of the idiotic variety.

Yet I sense a glimmer of hope for him however faint its light. Unfortunately I really can't say that for the others.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's define a troll. : Not just against 90% of the teams, it works 90% of the time.  BB has decided on the best way for us to win games.  Like any other offensive style, it can be effectively defensed.  We don't win the regular season games we have won with our current roster without this style week in and week out.  All of these wins get us the division crown and set up an easier path through the playoffs.    Imagine if we tried to be a ground and pound team against the Broncos. There is no team in the NFL that would not be happy with putting up 30 points a game, regardless of how that is accomplished.  And yes, he's getting old.  This does happen from time to time.  But to claim he's lost something compared to one of the single most impressive QB seasons on record is pretty silly.  His 2007 season was a perfect storm, 30 points higher than his prior year.  His next best two seasons of his career were this year and last year.
    Posted by Bustchise[/QUOTE]

Tom Brady's Successes vs The New England Patriots' Successes:

2001: 413 Attempts  2843 Yards (note: 15 Games)
    2001: Patriots go 11-5, beat Raiders (16-13 OT), Steelers (24-17), and Rams (20-17) to win the Superbowl

2002: 601 Attempts  3764 Yards
    2002: Patriots go 9-7, and miss the playoffs

2003: 527 Attempts  3620 Yards
    2003: Patriots go 14-2, beat Titans (17-14), Colts (24-14), and Panthers (32-29) to win the Superbowl

2004: 474 Attempts  3692 Yards
    2004: Patriots go 14-2, beat Colts (20-3), Steelers (41-27), and Eagles to win the Superbowl (24-21).

2005: 530 Attempts  4110 Yards
    2005: Patriots go 10-6, Beat Jax in Wild Card (28-3), lose to Denver (27-13) in AFC Divisional Game

2006: 516 Attempts  3529 Yards
    2006: Patriots go 12-4, Beat Jets in WC (37-16), Beat Chargers in Divisional (24-21), lose to Indy (38-34) in AFC Championship Game

2007: 578 Attempts  4806 Yards
    2007: Patriots go 16-0, Beat Jax in Divisional Game (31-20), Beat Chargers in AFC Championship Game (21-12), lose to NY Giants in Superbowl (17-14)

2008*-Injury Year for Brady (1 game played)

2009: 565 Attempts  4398 Yards
    2009: Patriots go 10-6, Lose to Baltimore in Wild Card Game (33-14)

2010: 492 Attempts  3900 Yards
    2010: Patriots go 14-2, get 1st Rd bye, lose to NY Jets in AFC Divisional Playoff Game (28-21).

2011: 611 Attempts  5235 Yards
    2011: Patriots go 13-3, Beat Denver in Divisional Playoffs (45-10), Beat Baltimore in AFC Championship Game (23-20), Lose to NY Giants in Superbowl (21-17).

....And yet, this'll actually do nothing.  I know that- EVERY-one knows that...  These plain-as-f#k#ng-day results will be excused and washed and diluted with excuse after excuse tailored to happenstances and incidentals of random Individual NE Seasons happenings.  Would I actually have to open up single season regular season, playoff, and superbowl games, wins and losses- In order to further illustrate the inevitable final successes which occur by being a bit more multi-dimensional and complete in your Offensive Gameplan and execution?  Yea...probably- Won't do it though.  Ain't gonna actually convince these guys, 1 bit...ever.  I know that, THEY know that, and Everyone knows that. 

A more balanced attack might not result in more blowouts...  But more often than not, It just leads to More Wins in the Regular Season...And FAR more often than not, It just leads to Deeper Playoff Runs, and actual Superbowl Trophies.

Will they ever be convinced of that?  Nope....Never.  Do I hate or even discount Tom Brady?  Nope...I just see the merits & inevitable results of offering a harder to defend threat when you're less excessively dependant on 1 single aspect of your gameplan, at the even minor(!) exclusionary expense of any & all others. 

That's it.  Is it d#mb-as-a-rock, Obvious?  Yee-up...  Will that make 1 dent in their mindset?  Nooo-pe.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE] Ain't gonna actually convince these guys, 1 bit...ever.  I know that, THEY know that, and Everyone knows that.  A more balanced attack might not result in more blowouts...  But more often than not, It just leads to More Wins in the Regular Season...And FAR more often than not, It just leads to Deeper Playoff Runs, and actual Superbowl Trophies. Will they ever be convinced of that?  Nope....Never.
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Who is "they" ("these guys") Lazzie, BB and his staff?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE] These plain-as-f#k#ng-day results.......

That's it.  Is it d#mb-as-a-rock, Obvious?  Yee-up...  Will that make 1 dent in their mindset?  Nooo-pe.
    Posted by LazarusintheSan
    atorium[/QUOTE]

I hate to throw a monkey wrench into your little theory here Lazzie (not really), but did it ever occur to you that those SB winners were:

2001 - 6th in scoring defense/ 75 yards a game less than the 2011 D

2003 - 1st in scoring defense/ 120 yards a game less than the 2011 D

2004 - 4th in scoring defense/ 101 yards a game less than the 2011 D

Your little simpleton's parade of deceptive results doesn't seem as "d#mb-as-a-rock, Obvious" in that light now does it?

If we had any of those 3 defenses I guarantee you we would have won this recent SB, Gronk or not.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's define a troll. : i must say though i usually enjoy laz's often long-winded, circuitous rants...it would be a poorer place without him... as for queenie...well...

Serious question for Jints..Whats with the Jimmy Page with Eddie Van Halen picture?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Never, EVER even Once have I used the "Ignore" Feature; But I gotta ask:  Anyone else just see the top of that head wearing an old school red jersey on a Topps playing card, And scroll right on down...and it doesn't matter 1 bit to whom?  I failed to do this maybe one time in the previous month and a half...big, big mistake.  Ended up on a bender...which didn't do the trick, just like the ball-peen hammer shots to the temple=No-go...  I actually had to fast while branding myself en route to a near death out of body experience, where my heart stopped beating for a minute and a half- Woke up minus 22% off normal brain functioning.  I'm pretty good now...can't tie my shoes nor figure out precisely how a drinking straw functions, but I'm tellin' ya- WELL worth the sum of the greater amnesia trade off. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Never, EVER even Once have I used the "Ignore" Feature; But I gotta ask:  Anyone else just see the top of that head wearing an old school red jersey on a Topps playing card, And scroll right on down...and it doesn't matter 1 bit to whom?  I failed to do this maybe one time in the previous month and a half...big, big mistake.  Ended up on a bender...which didn't do the trick, just like the ball-peen hammer shots to the temple=No-go...  I actually had to fast while branding myself en route to a near death out of body experience, where my heart stopped beating for a minute and a half- Woke up minus 22% off normal brain functioning.  I'm pretty good now...can't tie my shoes nor figure out precisely how a drinking straw functions, but I'm tellin' ya- WELL worth the sum of the greater amnesia trade off.   
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Scroll on Lazarus, and cower. Hide from the light which burns your noxious fables into wretched ash. Judgement has come for all who are false, and no more will thrive your dark deceptions.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

This is NOT my definition of a troll, but rather of a person who has a rather loose grip on what we are as a football team...

A person that thinks this team (with BJGE as a runner) would be better off handing the ball to him on 3rd and 3's, rather than passing.

A person that thought this defense (as it was constructed last year) was good.

A person that bashes a QB that may be one of the best in NFL history and certainly the best player we have ever seen in these parts.

All this^^ may not in definition be a troll, but rather a hole surrounded by a_ _.

25. This post has been removed.