Let's face it Jags, you need Tebow!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Let's face it Jags, you need Tebow!

Jags are making a very dumb move not getting Tebow.  Apparently they aren't bright enough to finding someone to do what John Fox was able to do in Denver with Tebow.  The Jags will never make it to a SB so why not end all these tv blackouts and get some fans interested in their ball team  To do that they need Tim Tebow.   Instead they will just do what they do best and that is to be a terrible team with no fans!  In all my years I don't recall ever seeing someone around my area wearing a Jags jersey, ever!  I'm sure that would change if they got Tebow.  He may not be good but he sells tickets!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Let's face it Jags, you need Tebow!

Do they sell jags gear? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Nobody needs Tebow if they want to win games. Sell T-Shirts to teenage girls and born again christians yes but win games never

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I disagree. I like the move.

Tebow led that Den offense to under 20 points in 9 of his 13 starts for Denver. Jags neither have the weapons or defense comparable to what DEN had last season.

A winning team will bring more fans than a hometown kid. Tebow stinks. He might be exciting for a couple of home games, but after a couple of starts, the act will get old and fans will realize that he's not that good. I certainly wouldn't buy season tickets to see a below average just because he played high school in my town.

Signing Tebow will set the team back. Even D. Thomas admitted that he had to relearn routes because playing in the Tebow led offense impeded on his development.

Only way to bring a consistent fan base is to do what HOU did, and build a playoff contending team.

While I don't think Gabbert is the answer, I don't think Tebow helps at all either. I applaud the GM from not doing what is the popular choice. He needs to work on building a strong foundation for this team, not become a media circus.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The Jags need Tebow as much as I need a case of the herps. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

no TFB is right, think about it. The Jags get Tebow as a starting QB and not only do they sell a ton of tickets, becoming relevant again, they are almost assured the 1st overall pick. Just like the Colts the FO could put players in place to tank the season and get Manziel who is a franchise QB in the 14' draft. Honestly that makes a ton of sense it's a win win. You suck for a year but during that year you make a ton of cash and get your team relevant to a fan base again then your reward for "sucking," in the cash that is, is the #1 pick to get a top end franchise QB

But, they just got a new GM and I doubt the new QB would want his legacy to be the first player he gets to be Tebow. Talk about a black market if your job is to win games

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Is it a coincidence that the Jags have a roster full of Jags?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In another in a series of down years, they still drew to 97% capacity. A higher % than Pittsburgh, NYJ, Washington, Cleveland and a bunch of other teams.  No blacked out games.  Just 31,000 fewer fans on the season than the Pats. 

Tebow would be just as much of a distraction there as anywhere else and they don't need him to sell tickets.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

no TFB is right, think about it. The Jags get Tebow as a starting QB and not only do they sell a ton of tickets, becoming relevant again, they are almost assured the 1st overall pick. Just like the Colts the FO could put players in place to tank the season and get Manziel who is a franchise QB in the 14' draft. Honestly that makes a ton of sense it's a win win. You suck for a year but during that year you make a ton of cash and get your team relevant to a fan base again then your reward for "sucking," in the cash that is, is the #1 pick to get a top end franchise QB

But, they just got a new GM and I doubt the new QB would want his legacy to be the first player he gets to be Tebow. Talk about a black market if your job is to win games

That's a risky proposition. Difference is that Luck was in his final season of college and was highly regarded as the best QB prospect in a long long time. I don't know how highly regarded Manziel is right now as an NFL prospect, but he will still have years of college eligibility after next season. They run the risk of Manziel being like, "oh $hit, Jags are the first pick, off to college again!"

GM's job is to put the best team he can on the field. From what he's said so far, does not sound like he thinks Tebow is a better option than Gabbert or Henne. Tebow will probably become a distraction to the football operations.

If there is a franchise QB prospect that's definitely declaring, then I would say go tank it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Let's face it, Jags gear is ugly, nobody wants to wear it.

Tebow blows and all you'd end up with after two years is a bunch of Ross outlets with outdated Tebow shirts...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Jags and KC tied for worst record this year.  Jags beat Tenn and Indy and KC beat NFC teams Car and NO so I guess KC get's the first pick.  Are there any QBs or impact players they can get in the first two picks or should they trade for more 1st round picks?

If they want a guy that will be a good ticket seller they should pick up Mantai Tao, not from Jax but still good story and he plays football not rugby!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Let's face it, Jags gear is ugly, nobody wants to wear it.

Tebow blows and all you'd end up with after two years is a bunch of Ross outlets with outdated Tebow shirts...

Haha!  So true.  There's a reason why you can buy Tebow jerseys for real cheap in Denver and New York right now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Jags are making a very dumb move not getting Tebow.  Apparently they aren't bright enough to finding someone to do what John Fox was able to do in Denver with Tebow.  The Jags will never make it to a SB so why not end all these tv blackouts and get some fans interested in their ball team  To do that they need Tim Tebow.   Instead they will just do what they do best and that is to be a terrible team with no fans!  In all my years I don't recall ever seeing someone around my area wearing a Jags jersey, ever!  I'm sure that would change if they got Tebow.  He may not be good but he sells tickets!!

NOBODY NEEDS TEBOW. NOBODY IS DUMB BY NOT TAKING HIM.

He is available and yet no one is drooling, No one. Wonder why? Because he is not even good enough to be 2nd string on a team that desperately needed ANY QB.

If you want to like him fine. No problem. But he is a waste of time, money and a roster spot.

I hope he has some success in the CFL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

OK - OK.... this is the first reasoned reason for them getting Tebow. But by that logic the Jets should be STARTING HIM for two years and in that time look for a great QB in the first round of either of the next three drafts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

LOL, when i first saw this i was expecting to see tebow riding a jaguar

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

LOL, when i first saw this i was expecting to see tebow riding a jaguar

Hahahahaha!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

NOBODY NEEDS TEBOW. NOBODY IS DUMB BY NOT TAKING HIM.

He is available and yet no one is drooling, No one. Wonder why? Because he is not even good enough to be 2nd string on a team that desperately needed ANY QB.

If you want to like him fine. No problem. But he is a waste of time, money and a roster spot.

I hope he has some success in the CFL.

You are missing the point.  The Jags blackout their games because not enough tickets sell.  This has to be causing some financial concerns.  No fans, no food or drink sales, no merchandise sales and so forth.  Let's face it, the Jags will never make it to the SB so why not bring in someone who can draw people to the games.  Tebow will do that for the team.

The new GM comes in and wants to play serious like he is going to make this a playoff team, LMAO!!  He will be gone in a few years because that isn't happening.  Why not make some money!!  And making money means bringing in Tim Tebow to Jacksonville.  Since they aren't then I hope they like to continue losing money, having tv blackouts and sucking.  And instead of giving the fans what they want, they will from time to time purchase all the remaining unsold tickets so people can stay home and watch the team play on tv.  One thing they apparently have not realized... their fans probably still don''t watch them on tv!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Keep in mind, the new GM said that, but the owner wanted Tebow last year, if he still does, he will get him and the new GM can just deal w/it. I personally think it's a smart move, he can't be any worse then Gabbert, use the #2 pick on another promising player at a different position. I fit doesn't pan out, you get a high pick again and can draft a real QB this time...who will then have more talen around him coming in.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

that was pretty much Woody Johnson's theory

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

In another in a series of down years, they still drew to 97% capacity. A higher % than Pittsburgh, NYJ, Washington, Cleveland and a bunch of other teams.  No blacked out games.  Just 31,000 fewer fans on the season than the Pats. 

Tebow would be just as much of a distraction there as anywhere else and they don't need him to sell tickets.

where do u get those figures? i see plenty of empty seats any time i see the jags-and i seriously doubt the fill more of the stadium than the steelers or redskins...ever

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I could swear Tebow won some games last year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

If those numbers are correct they probably include all the tickets the team bought that they gave away in order to lift the tv blackouts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

If those numbers are correct they probably include all the tickets the team bought that they gave away in order to lift the tv blackouts.

and there is no way they filled more of their stadium than pitts or wash...no way

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

WoW, Muzwell is correct. check this out..

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

still, I heard many weeks during the season the team bought a ton of tickets so the tv blackout would be lifted. So I'm sure these numbers included those purchases.

In 2011 Jacksonville was 25th.

Sections
Shortcuts