Let's get back to running up the score

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Let's get back to running up the score

How about this for a solution to to our late 4th qtr scoring problems.

Let's just put pedal to the metal for the whole game. Forget about running out the clock.....what do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Re: Let's get back to running up the score

How about running the ball, better balance?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Late in games, we seem to abandon what works for prevent defense and prevent offense.

I say keep the foot on the gas for all 60 minutes. Running the ball works for me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Pedal to the medal for 60 minutes!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

Late in games, we seem to abandon what works for prevent defense and prevent offense.

I say keep the foot on the gas for all 60 minutes. Running the ball works for me.

I'm afraid that this may be the case for going pass first to get ahead quickly - for now until they get the house in order, I'm not advocating it -  but it's not the overall solution. Confusing the opposing D as much as possible is the key. It's better done with Tommie under center for obvious reasons and allows more options, I think anyway, for runs, pass, PA, screens etc. Keeping him in the shotgun? No need to explain, NO! I've seen where the Pats play a tight TE formation and appears a run and usually is, but Tommie UC, with his intelligence takes his pick and will pass. Got to have the appearance of a run at all times.

Confusion tactics also work for the D especially when the talent is thin a sours. Do blitz or don't has it's positives and negatives but with the talent the Pats have we need to get after the QB becuase if they don't we have already seen what happens, a big gainer and first down. So I think it's better to Confuse and Gamble more and I think the chips will fall in our favor more than not. That's what i would do from a fans perspective. Just remember though it was the Brain fahrts from Management that cost a game or two, not all miscues on the field.

Seems management is a bit Confused lately.

Have a good night ...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I agree we become too predictable with our formations, and that's part of the problem.

If you think back to the 49ers era, they were very creative on offense. Having a dual threat RB like Roger Craig helped give them that advantage.

RIdley is the closest we have for that role. Atlthough I was hoping Vereen would be our dual threat RB.

In response to palookaski's comment:

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

I'm afraid that this may be the case for going pass first to get ahead quickly - for now until they get the house in order, I'm not advocating it -  but it's not the overall solution. Confusing the opposing D as much as possible is the key. It's better done with Tommie under center for obvious reasons and allows more options, I think anyway, for runs, pass, PA, screens etc. Keeping him in the shotgun? No need to explain, NO! I've seen where the Pats play a tight TE formation and appears a run and usually is, but Tommie UC, with his intelligence takes his pick and will pass. Got to have the appearance of a run at all times.

Confusion tactics also work for the D especially when the talent is thin a sours. Do blitz or don't has it's positives and negatives but with the talent the Pats have we need to get after the QB becuase if they don't we have already seen what happens, a big gainer and first down. So I think it's better to Confuse and Gamble more and I think the chips will fall in our favor more than not. That's what i would do from a fans perspective. Just remember though it was the Brain fahrts from Management that cost a game or two, not all miscues on the field.

Seems management is a bit Confused lately.

Have a good night ...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:

Big talk from as fan base whose team is just 3 and 3. The Jets are coming to town and I hope that the pats are taking them as lightly as you,the horribly accented are.

I remember last year before the SB all the drivel and false bravado that was spewing from the mouths of pats fans everywhere. Look what that got you

Seems Jets fans sound the same...  except their team can't back it up most of the time!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm pretty sure they tried that with both Sea and Balt and nether worked. Correct me if I wrong but they ran the hurry up and also threw more attempts at 10+yds against Sea in the second half then any other game previously and it resulted in 6 points. Sure it sounds great but in actual play it doesn't work.

I like the idea of staying agressive though as the game progresses but that takes 2 critical things:

• committing to a running game early so that it's available when you need it. If you don't run it all game it's hard to get everyone up to run it in the end. And, yes that means even if you are only getting 3.3ypc you still need to run it for more benefits late in the game then the 3.3ypc provide early in the game
    • As the game progresses you need to move towards higher % plays. Brady's getting older and the line wears down with the hurry up and full on attack approach. As such the longer you have the pedal to the floor the harder those low % plays are to make and the higher the chance of sacks and turn overs (it's actually scary the difference in play for turn overs, sacks, and pressures from the 4th quarter compared to the previous 3 with this O). Switching to a higher % dink and dunk team late in the game takes the pressure off of everyone and keeps the ball moving

Just airing it out and trying for the big knock out play is what cost us a number of games. As the game gets longer they do need to stay aggressive but they need to simplify it to make it easier on the O to execute

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Dink and dunk passes 

why did we stray from that?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I think the Patriots are always trying to run up the score. That is why they went for the TD at the end of the half instead of just settling for a FG one play earlier.

The problem becomes when teams keep it close and manage to slow down the Patriots offense. This is a below .500 team in close games over that last 4 seasons.

Sections
Shortcuts