Lets get ready to rumble Pats vs Jets wk5

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Lets get ready to rumble Pats vs Jets wk5

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Re: Lets get ready to rumble Pats vs Jets wk5

The Hoodie VS PhatRex, Sancheez vs the Brady bunch. Vinnie vs a mans gold.Gronk vs the Island.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Nice! Ready to rumble!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It's going to be an old fashioned slobber knocker out there on Sunday!  I really want to see Revis match up against Welker. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

Did you make that yourself?  If so, I gotta say, it's looks good.  Looks professionally done.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Lets get ready to rumble Pats vs Jets wk5:
    Did you make that yourself?  If so, I gotta say, it's looks good.  Looks professionally done.
    Posted by Mike-J-D

Yes I did, thanks!  I wanted to do an old fight night theme going into this game on Sunday.  Kind of got that feeling for this game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

BMF, once again a great work of art

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from weloveme2. Show weloveme2's posts

I for one hope we run the Ball 35 times

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I for one hope we run the Ball 35 times
    Posted by weloveme2

I 2nd this. I hope we don't abandon the run at the first sign of trouble. Most important aspect of an offense is ability to run the football.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I concur BMF, very well done on the artwork!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

n e 1 know if Hernandez will be available? He was missing during the last loss.

Will be good to get Law Firm, Woody, and The Riddler going early w/ running game, screens, and play action.

And we do need to pressure Sanchez ....and protect Brady too..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It's official according to this...

Jets S Jim Leonhard made it clear to us tonight on @NBCSportsTalk that it wouldn’t be Revis on Welker on every play. But most, yes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

Loudmouth Jet in the secondary says their game plan is to rough up Patriots' receivers and rattle Tom Brady. I interpret that to mean they want to injure selective players. I hope the Patriots shove that freaking ball up their ... Score early, score late, score more. Shut them up and take away their hope.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

A+ 

Very polished. It would be better if this had come in a more meaningful matchup .... because that's a cool sign. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

A+  Very polished. It would be better if this had come in a more meaningful matchup .... because that's a cool sign. 
    Posted by zbellino

The good thing is that I can make one for any matchup!  I think this is a big match up tho.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Lets get ready to rumble Pats vs Jets wk5 : The good thing is that I can make one for any matchup!  I think this is a big match up tho.
    Posted by BradyMossFan

For sure. But I meant an "all-the-marbles" kind of late season matchup.

But kudos! It sure does look good!

I have PS6, but you got the job here. You should chop this one next time around ... except chopping 'in' a silhouette of New Jersey would be funny.

Instead of Rumble in the Jungle, the name could be Melee in the Meadowlands! 

That would be funny too....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

My points:  12.3 for New England.  Not much of a chance, is it?

Issues not covered by past statistics, especially for this game:

#1, Captain Ahab sacrifices everything for chasing Moby Dick.

Rex Ryan always gets his team sky high for the Patriots.  They will have a 7-7 season and still pull half a season’s worth of gimmick plays and strange blitzes out for the Pats.  Advantage, New York Jets, at least for one week, but don’t expect a team that otherwise can barely beat themselves to go very far this year.

#2, Revis Island

Revis Island matches up perfectly with fast #1 receivers.  He doesn’t match up with Hernandez.  I’m sure that 198 pound Revis can stay right on 245 pound Hernandez’s hip, that is, until the hip bump knocks Revis to the ground and then Hernandez starts waving at Mr. Brady like he needs permission to go to the boys room.  Neither can Revis jam Hernandez at the line very well – Newtonian mechanics says that the collision just isn’t going to work.  Next, Hernandez often goes over the middle, the wrong place for a cornerback to work, and as an H-back he moves around, which is another new problem for Revis.  Finally, Hernandez shields passes well with his body and Revis isn’t the guy to get through Hernandez’s body to the ball.

All of these strength and weight issues go double for the 265 pound Gronkowski vs. Revis.  Both tight ends have blossomed from their first to their second year. 

Wes Welker isn’t fast so much as he is quick, and he’s fully healed this year.  Revis is fast but he can’t cover quickness on Welker’s inside-outside route.

So there you have it.  Revis can successfully cover true wideouts Deion Branch, Ochocinco or Taylor Price all day and hold one of them to zero catches.  However, Hernandez, Gronkowski and Welker are getting all of the passes.  Revis will be forced to do what he’s not so good at, play zone.  Suddenly the Jets will be a bit short on defensive players.

#3.  Ridley’s emergence.

Last year a Jets castoff, Woodhead, ran wild against the Jets.  Ridley’s only a third rounder, but he had run-at-will numbers against the Raiders, just as the Raiders had run-at-will numbers against the Jets.  Nate Solder is also emerging, getting better by the week.  Rookie stats lag behind the learning curve, and so they don’t carefully reflect how rookies grow into their roles.

#4.  The Jets’ offensive line. 

Sports pundits are horrified at how inept the once-proud Jets’ O-line has become so quickly since 2010.  Starters are missing this year.  Mangold will be a bit rusty this week if he plays, and the backups have proven to be pretty lousy.  This means that no team including the Patriots fears Shonn Green or anyone else running the ball. 

When the Patriots get Albert Haynesworth back on board, which apparently is the case this week, their D-line will again cut through average offensive lines like butter, just as they did in preseason against Tampa Bay, and not as they did in previous regular season games.  Expect a less-than-robust running game from the Jets. 

#5.  Mike Wright’s return.

The Jets’ running game succeeds by wearing down the opponent’s defensive line.  Adding one more quality wide body to the D-Line frustrates this goal. 

If the Jets can’t run worth a lick, that leaves…

#6.  Mark Sanchez.

Lately, the Sanchize is the NFL’s worst quarterback when pressured.  He completed zero passes last week when pressured.  He also threw one pick-six and fumbled three times, losing two fumbles for immediate Baltimore touchdowns.  If the Sanchize can’t get time to think on third down, he can’t throw at all.  With odds like that, why in this universe won’t the Patriots bring the house every single time?  We may be looking at a truly awful offensive performance by the Jets this Sunday.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Lets get ready to rumble Pats vs Jets wk5 : For sure. But I meant an "all-the-marbles" kind of late season matchup. But kudos! It sure does look good! I have PS6, but you got the job here. You should chop this one next time around ... except chopping 'in' a silhouette of New Jersey would be funny. Instead of Rumble in the Jungle, the name could be Melee in the Meadowlands!  That would be funny too....
    Posted by zbellino

Awesome ideas, thanks.  If you have PS6 then start doing some romoshops and post them here.  It would be awesome having more people doing them and seeing everyones ideas!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

ding ding ding ding!!!! Ladies and Gentlemen today is the day.  In just a few hours I will be yelling  "let's get ready to ruuummmmmmmbllllllllleeee!" at my tv!  I can't freaking wait to see what BB and the Patriots have planned for this game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

Hard to put down Ridley is freak with three arms ..... unstoppable 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

ding ding ding ding!!!! Ladies and Gentlemen today is the day.  In just a few hours I will be yelling  "let's get ready to ruuummmmmmmbllllllllleeee!" at my tv!  I can't freaking wait to see what BB and the Patriots have planned for this game.
    Posted by BradyMossFan

I can't wait either BMF!

While you're waiting check out this week's Patriots All Access,
    Part1, Part2.

Also, Mike Reiss' Areas of Interest, http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7077002/areas-interest

Sections
Shortcuts