Let's get real! The offense lost this game tonight!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

Re: Let's get real! The offense lost this game tonight!

Bottom line is this new offense from 2 years ago, unlike Cassells much better ball control offense Brady use tp run and won 3 SBs with is gone hear.  No one seems to see
    that what made Brady great was managing the game much more than now.  IF the Pats had had just one sustained drive, use up 8 minutes on the clock, none of this complaining about fumbles, 4th and 2, or anything else woud have mattered.  Bradys main strength is coolness under pressure coming from behind in close games especially when they are most important, and his unique ability in the 4th quarter to sustain a drive fo 7,8,9 or more minutes, get the TD or FG and keep Manning off the field most of the quarter, and the game would be over!!!  Where has that gone, even a bunch of short passes w/out a running game was possible, and they scored twice in the 4th quarter in 42 seconds and 2min 12 sec and Manning kept getting the ball back, had some success and all of a sudden he was on a tear and we made mistakes, when all we needed to do was have Brady manage the game and it was over,

Managing the game is his most, by far most important job for his team
    Look at all the SB winners and they are almost always won by great managing QBs even if that was the only game they managed instead of chucking the ball all over the place.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

Did anyone notice that Indy scored 21 points in the 4th quarter, and probably had it for less than half of that quarter.  You do the math, even if they had it for 9 of the 15 minutes in the quater.  9/3 TDs = 3 minutes per drive.  How is that for "sustained" for drives?  Your argument doesn't hold water.  These are the 2 of the top 3 offenses in the NFL - throw in NO as the third.  There is only so long you can hold a team like that down.  Remember these teams came in ranked #1 and #2 in defensive points allowed.  Punt the ball away, put the game in the hands of your defense, and if Manning beats you he beats you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

DBAZ22, Thanks, you proved my point, Manning was hot as hell, and we needed to keep him off the field at all costs.  We needed a Brady patented sustained 8 or 9 minute drive, make a Fg or not, Manning would not have had any time to soore enough points.  What were you saying?  If Brady got the ball w/ 12 min left and held it for 8 minutes, the game is over, there are only 4 minutes left.  The team would
    have had confidence, more important the D would have been fresh, and the Colts D
    would have been back on their heels, and we win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

In Response to Let's get real! The offense lost this game tonight!:
    [QUOTE]This game was lost by the offense, and the way it plays reminds me of 2 years ago when they scored at will, and scored way to fast, and when teams figure that out and you forget how to run the clock down, you lose. Almost all there points were scored on drives about 2 minutes long and a part of me loved it, but the true football person in me knew it would back fire and it did. Last years team ran a balance offense and by the end of the year they were a more healthy offensive team than in 07.  This team was so bad on the offense tonight because they didn't have one sustained drive, allowing the Colts to get the ball back way too many times by not taking a lot of time off the clock, and they "will" not win unless they remember how they won SB's in the past.  Forget about Maroney, or any other mistakes they made tonight.  it is this scoring fast because they "can" that got them into trouble tonight and in 07 and both of them began to fall about midseason.  Save your weapons when you really need them instead of using them all up in the first half of games or the first half of the year.  Never let them know what you are going to do unless you are a great running team or like the Montana teams with a great ball control offense running and passing, and the smoked teams with great ease when the time was right. Montana won because he and their team were very patient and efficient.  He managed the game, and very rarely do you ever see a SB winner where the QB didn't manage the game well.  Brady was the master at that and now he and the coaches and who knows who are into being like Manning and both these teams will lose in the end if they don't change their ways.  I really thought they learned last year that they could win and they did win with a balanced ball control attack.  The Defense was always guessing what Cassell would do, and he kept them off balance. I am sick not because we lost, or the 4th down blunder at the end, or because of Maroney.  We lost because, unlike all three SB wins, we forgot to win as a team with balance and ball control, and it will kill us down the stretch. I love the Pats but they have forgotten what got them here and have become the Colts, and they too will get slapped at some point.
    Posted by quasi[/QUOTE]

The Offense failed to put the game away.....they didn't fail to win the game.....the D did that.  You can't blame a team offense that puts up 34 points in a game against the league best Defense.....Nice try.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

m20us,  once again the Boston fans of old seem to be gone.  You have your head screwed up on something.  The best D in the 4th quarter is to hold on to the ball, give the D a rest, and use up the clock.  Because of this Manning finally had some success, and by holding on to the ball we may have put out the flames.  it is basic football, and before the 07 season, when he used it less and less, Brady was so well known for using up 8-10 or even 12 minutes of the clock on a drive, and keep the ball in his hands so the opposition can't score again, or not enough time is left for him to score enough to win.  Basic football 101.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I don't think so. The offense changed from 2005 because it had to.  The rule changes the NFL put into passing and QB protection made it necessary to become a passing team to compete.  It used to be a good defense could halt a passing game, now with PI and holding and roughing it's just impossible.  You have to go for a shootout.  I think BB saw this and knew that he couldn't invest all his money in defense anymore.  You will probably never see a team like the 2000 ravens win a superbowl again.  They would have been penalized to death and gone home early. 
    When people say Manning changed the game they are right, just not for the better.  I wouldn't be surprised to see someone throw more than 50 TD's in the next ten years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

Quasi you have to do a little homework on this one.  In 2003 NE was up 31-10 in the 2nd half w/a GREAT defense, and won 38-34 on a miraculous goal line stand.....as Indy was able to outscore NE 24-7 for a quarter and a half in that game.  I don't recall Brady leading a 10 minute drive in the 4th quarter and sealing the deal at 38-10 in that one.  Do you?  In the AFC Championship Game 2006 NE was up 21-3 in the blink of an eye.  Where were the 10 minute drives in that game to send NE to its 4th SB Ring??  In 2007 (18-1) NE was trailing 20-10 in the 4th quarter.  They came back and score two TDs in a matter of 5 minutes.  Where were the sustained 10 minute drives in the 4th quarters of that game by Indy???  We are talking about arguably 2 of the best QBs of ALL TIME!!!  You have to look at the big picture my man, there was plenty of blame to go around, and some judos to the Colts.  This is not Wii.  Feel free to take another shot at me, but I am done with this one.  Time to move on.