Lets get specific, assuming "your guy' is there, you ya taken w/ first 3 picks. RD1/RD2/RD2

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Lets get specific, assuming "your guy' is there, you ya taken w/ first 3 picks. RD1/RD2/RD2

Ok Im giving everyone 2-3 picks for every spot, like in RD1 we take either this or that guy. We still have time before BB ask's us for a hard pick, so lets have a lil' fun. Just for the record BB doesnt call me until the week of the draft and usually the morning of(just for the record).And lets be some what realistic were most likely going to end up somewhere around 25-28. I said on another post that I believe the Pats have real needs everywhere, maybe most of all pass rush, but there have been alot more misses in the first round than hits, alot more. I think teams will be very reluctant this april w/ 34 olb's. Ive always taken a "take the best guy available" approach and with that said I like McClain, Hayden, . McClain IMHO could come in from jump and really be a force. I think he can do it all stuff the run and go in coverage if need be, and give ya around 2-3 sacks. As you can tell Im high on this guy. Hayden is the best cb available and prob. will be gone, but I wouldnt be shocked if he fell, if teams didnt get cold feet about the olb spot. Hayden can really do it all, ball hawk that will tackle cause he likes to, not because he's forced. Another guy Im big on, and another guy I think can come in right away and play, play very well. Another guy I like is Earl Thomas, he might be the most "complete" S in the draft. Has the ball hawking instincts of Berry and can tackle better if you can believe that. This guy is the real deal and because most TV people have no idea of what their talking about and no orginal thought when the saftey spot is talked about its Berry n Mays. Believe me this guy can play at the highest level.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

Re: Lets get specific, assuming "your guy' is there, you ya taken w/ first 3 picks. RD1/RD2/RD2

Dont get me wrong Thomas is really good, I would take him on my team, but Berry is really really good and his problems are ones that good pro safteys have and I think he is more complete than earl, Mays on the other hand, Earl beats day in and out. Mays is an incredible physical prospect, but so was Vernon "the Ghost" Golsten. Mays has a ton of problems in his game that dont affect him in college because his athletic abilites make up for it, NFL that doesn't work as much.

As for prospects, I would really love to see Von Miller out of Texas A&M he's quite the end that would translate more into the rush backer, he reminds me a little of Orakpo from last year, he turned out ok. I really want to see either Eric Decker or somebody like him drafted as well. He is a big Wide Reciver, something (besides Moss) this offense also lacks. I know that people would say that we won superbowls with smaller recivers, but we also used TE and RB in the passing game, and were also a running team, now as a pass first team are recivers are smaller than ideal. A team like San Diego which has become a past first team, there main guys are all over 6'4" I not saying that is necessary but a little more size would be helpful. The other thing on my wish list isnt an early round thing, but i would really love for them to pick up an actually full back, so that when a full back goes into the game in doesnt necessarly scream run, like when we throw that backup guard in. In most likely wont happen but a guy Heath Evans (I'm still ticked we let him go).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Re: Lets get specific, assuming "your guy' is there, you ya taken w/ first 3 picks. RD1/RD2/RD2

FIRST ROUND
    Jared Odrick  3-4 DE  6'5 300lbs  5.09 40y  41TTs 10TFLs 6 Sacks
    ~3-4 DEs go very early, even moreso now b/c more teams are going 3-4.  So when ya can get a hard-working one that can be pass-threat as well...very few and far in between.   

SECOND ROUND
    O'Brien Schofield  3-4 rush OLB  6'2 248lbs  4.60 40y  51TTs 19.5TFLs 8 Sacks (10 games)
    <OR>
    Ricky Sapp
      3-4 rush OLB  6'4 246lbs  4.62 40y  8.5TFLs 4 Sacks (10 games-rebounding from ACL injury)
    ~I see Odrick (1st rd) as someone who will be flying up draft boards, so He needs to be taken in Rd 1.  Now, the bigger 3-4 rush OLB names like Jerry Hughes, Von Miller, and Sergio Kindle will be gone by here, BUT we need to strike a good OLB while there's some good ones still on the draft board early in Rd 2.

SECOND ROUND:
    Joe Pawelek  3-4 ILB  6'3 238lbs  4.70 40y  128TTs 6TFLs 7PBU 6 INTs
    <OR>
    Micah Johnson
      3-4 ILB  6'2 254lbs  4.71 40y  93TTs 13TFLs 2PBU 2.5 Sacks
    ~Greater numbers of OLBs ALWAYS go faster than ILBs in the Draft.  There is excellent value with these 2 guys, BOTH would make imo great strongside ILBs for N.E. freeing up Jerod Mayo.

SECOND ROUND:
    Eric Decker  WR  6'2 215lbs  4.52 40y  50rec 758yards 5TDs (shortened season)
    <OR>
    Dennis Pitta  TE  6'5 250lbs  4.66 40y  82rec 1072yards 6TDs
    ~More and more we're seeing in the pass-happy NFL that you just cannot get by with a mere slot WR and a deep-ball WR...One needs either an excellent route running #2 Possession wideout (Decker) and/or a great receiving TE (Pitta leads all Div 1 TEs in production).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

Noel Divine [RB- West Virginia] is like Kevin Faulk during his collegiate career, he'd be a great player in the pats system and i think he is a little bit smaller and faster than Faulk, more like an MJD type player.  hell probably be around in the mid to late second round.  Maybe even someone like Jahvid Best [RB- Cal] if we dont want Divine, who is also a Kevin Faulk-like RB
    Id either go with a DE an OLB or an O-lineman with the first rounder, we are gonna have some holes in those positions, especially if Adalius/Neal leave.  Maybe one of the two OLBs for texas will be available, Sergio Kindle or Muckleroy, in the second round for us to take.  Jerry Hughes from TCU and Corey Woohton from NU are both DE BEASTS that we could target in the late first round where well be drafting

REST ASSURED, B B  makes no mistakes, and if it appears so then its by your own mistake

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Absolutely, I agree w/ almost everything U said. I would take Berry over Thomas all day, if its between them, yea Berry everytime. I just think one can make the arguement that Thomas might be more complete because some think he tackles better. I was also operating under the assumption that Berry is long gone. Its weird, I ve been looking at tons of mock's and some most have Berry top five easy. Others top ten, and some have him actually falling about mid-round, say 13-15. If he's around after ten, Im sorry, this is a guy I would trade up for in a second. Ive watched him play and everything points to "the hype is real". Von Miller has been a very good college player, but I think olb is very hard to translate from college to pros. Most of these guys come out at 'round 230-245, and keeping that speed while putting on an extra 20-30lbs of muscle is very tough. Something I understand from watching so much boxing. I also agree w/ U about a rec. , Moss has been my fav. player ever and what he is doing at his age is nothing short of remarkable. A month away from his 33 b-day and he just put up 1200yrds-13td's, amazing. If teams dont get nervous about these 34 olb's like I think they will, a guy like Bryant could fall, who knows how far? But there are a couple of other interesting guys out there. Tate got crazy skills, I was also high on D-Jack, before and after he got drafted and though he would have big, big year. Tate reminds me an awful lot like him. Also theres Lafell, Benn, and Williams. Havnt made up my mind on any of them yet, I think all can play, just not sure yet if their first rd or second rd guys. And if they can be number ones, most rec. dont come in and give U that 1000-8-10td's year. But if we get say Tate at 25 and beyond, I think U gotta take that. I see no reason why he couldnt come in from day one and give U say 700-800 and 6-8 td's. Kinda like what Harvin did for Minne. , I think hes further ahead of him as well. This team also needs a threat from the rb spot, maybe Spiller/Best. This offense isnt far at all from being the most dynamic in the league. You add a guy like those above, Spiller, maybe Tate and get a real tight end. U know one that can actually go over he middle, not just run seems and its goodnite.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Like the way you guys are thinking, some good picks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

I think 34 olb's are just so tough to predict, so many turn out dud. If we can make a trade for one, someone who actually shows up. Burgess' flight just came in from Oak-town. Im really getting excited about the next two drafts, cause of our picks and the Oakland one. Ill be thinking and wondering about that one, also IMO we need a 34 end more than an olb. Id take that deal for Big Sey any day, but I was in his camp. It seemed like there was 2 scholls of thought on him, some thought he was overated, took plays off. I actually think if he was here this team is far better than as is. 34 ends that can give you 5-6 sacks, pressure on the QB and a monster in the run game, well theres not more than..wow...cant even put a number on it. Maybe 2-3, if that? Im a lil' tired and hungover, so Im not on the top of my game and dont feel like looking up stats and players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jealpha. Show jealpha's posts

round 2 - lagarrette blount Oregon State RB - never injured, super strong, probably not Mrs Krafts choice.

Sections
Shortcuts