Let's have fun with our 2011 regular season predictions (assume a regular schedule)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from noahsark99. Show noahsark99's posts

Let's have fun with our 2011 regular season predictions (assume a regular schedule)

Hello out there from Stockholm, Sweden!

Time for some fun again!!! Assume that Free agency and trades won't change the scenery too much from how we feel about the teams right now (yes, it will anyway, but then there's too much guesswork to make it fun). Ignore the fact that rookies may not contribute as much as hoped because of the lock-out. Look at today’s potential rosters and give this a try. Here are my humble predictions. Love to see yours..

Sep. 12   7:00 PM    @    DolphinsW 38 -17
    Sep. 184:15 PMvs.  ChargersW 34 -14
    Sep. 251:00 PM@    BillsW 31 - 17   
    Oct. 2    4:15 PM@    Raiders          W 42 - 13
    Oct. 9                4:15 PM     vs.  JetsW 33 - 14 
    Oct. 164:15 PMvs.  Cowboys    W 38 - 17
    Oct. 304:15 PM@    SteelersW 31 - 21
    Nov. 6   4:15 PM        vs.  Giants        W 21 - 19
    Nov. 138:20 PM@    JetsL 21 - 24
    Nov. 218:30 PMvs.  ChiefsW 44 -13
    Nov. 274:15 PM@    EaglesL 31 - 34
    Dec. 48:20 PMvs.  ColtsW 38 - 34
    Dec. 111:00 PM@    RedskinsW 33 - 16
    Dec. 184:15 PM@    Broncos       W 28 - 14
    Dec. 241:00 PMvs.  Dolphins    W 42 - 14
    Jan. 1   1:00 PM      vs.  Bills          W 38 - 17

Good luck and thank you in advance for your time...Neil

This brings us home at 14 - 2 again and 1st seed, home field and with the bye. We win the division and go to AFC championship game. May also win the SB for Brady's fourth ring! Do any of you see more losses? Indy in Foxboro? Chargers at home? I don't see it, but I may be overly optimistic.

This is the year we've been rebuilding for...Go Pats!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Let's have fun with our 2011 regular season predictions (assume a regular schedule)

Wow, you've got the Pats scoring the 3rd highest season total in NFL history behind Randy Moss' 07 Patriots and 98 Vikings.

I believe the Pats offense will be more smash mouth run oriented and will control the clock more and score less.

The maturing defense will continue to cause turnovers and be physical against the run.

14-2 sounds good.

Sep. 12   7:00 PM    @    DolphinsW 21 -17
    Sep. 184:15 PMvs.  ChargersW 24 -21
    Sep. 251:00 PM@    BillsW 17 - 7   
    Oct. 2    4:15 PM@    Raiders          W 31 - 24
    Oct. 9                4:15 PM     vs.  JetsW 33 - 0
    Oct. 164:15 PMvs.  Cowboys    W 28 - 17
    Oct. 304:15 PM@    SteelersL 14 - 21
    Nov. 6   4:15 PM        vs.  Giants        W 24 - 20
    Nov. 138:20 PM@    JetsW 21 - 3
    Nov. 218:30 PMvs.  ChiefsW 34 -24
    Nov. 274:15 PM@    EaglesW 30 - 24
    Dec. 48:20 PMvs.  ColtsW 28 - 27
    Dec. 111:00 PM@    RedskinsW 20 - 10
    Dec. 184:15 PM@    Broncos       W 28 - 24
    Dec. 241:00 PMvs.  Dolphins    W 27 - 17
    Jan. 1   1:00 PM      vs.  Bills          L 14 - 17

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from noahsark99. Show noahsark99's posts

Re: Let's have fun with our 2011 regular season predictions (assume a regular schedule)

Hi Digger,  
    I like the revenge you've got planned for us with the Jets. and, you're right. I got a little over enthusiastic with my scores. I think we'll have a great offense, but let's take off an average of 5 points per game and keep it doable.

I think the run game will be more smash mouth to but the play action will be even better than 2010. Thanks for your post.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ben-umass. Show ben-umass's posts

i cant see a Brady led Patriots team ever lose to the steelers. BB knows to spread them out and Brady's got the goods to execute the plan

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

12-4 losing to Eagles, Jets, Chargers and Steelers

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from noahsark99. Show noahsark99's posts

Hello Riding With The King,

I kind of agree with you about how tough it is to guess where the losse will come from. I think the whole schedule is doable for wills, but it's only happened once. I am naive enogh to think we're on the way to having an awsome defense.  The offense and special teams will continue to mature and excel. If they can keep healty and bb can keep them focused, they can go all the way

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

13-3 Chargers/Jets/Steelers

Cowboys/Colts aren't going to be easy, Fins will make the opener tough, Raiders aren't going to lay down home (Vince/Brace better show up for this one).

They'll crush the Eagles, Chiefs, Giants and Skins

travel game of the year........Denver, dress up full tilt with face paint. BB has a little something for these guys even though Joshy boy isn't there, it's still coming.

I think they'll end up with San Diego in the AFC, home field will be very important this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ben-umass. Show ben-umass's posts

week 3 at Buffalo will be tough. Buffalo hasnt beaten New England since '03 and they actually look competitive this year. i could see that being this years Cleveland game. itd be easy not to get up for those guys

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

13-3 or 12-4 but an overall better team than last year.

Call me crazy, but I'd also rather play the first week in the playoffs just to keep the youngsters going momentum-wise. I think the team came out flat because so many of the younger guys we played on both sides of the ball had a bit too much time to think about it. Maybe that's just me?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

19-0

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

12-4

2 and out.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I've hit my predictions perfectly on target some years, but last year I was one game too low. 

For 2011 I predict 15-1

Every year without fail, people on forums like this tell me that I'm crazy to be so high, and then they are consistently way low by January.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from noahsark99. Show noahsark99's posts

Hi Paul,

You predicted a 15 - 1 and seem happy with your annual success. We'd love it if you would take a few minutes and give us you scores for the 16 games we're talking about. Now that would give us a better idea what you're thinking, Right?

Thanks and looking forward to your experienced projections, guidance and deeper understanding about 2011. Neil 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In Response to Re: Let's have fun with our 2011 regular season predictions (assume a regular schedule):
    [QUOTE]Hi Paul, You predicted a 15 - 1 and seem happy with your annual success. We'd love it if you would take a few minutes and give us you scores for the 16 games we're talking about. Now that would give us a better idea what you're thinking, Right? Thanks and looking forward to your experienced projections, guidance and deeper understanding about 2011. Neil 
    Posted by noahsark99[/QUOTE]

Sorry.  No way have I studied the other 13 teams.  I might work up some long-range numbers but I prefer fresh numbers for picking out teams on the rise and in free-fall.  I only know that starting in the last half of the regular season the Patriots were consistently whaling on good teams. 

Losing to the Jets brought them down from the stratosphere.  That loss could be partly attributed to some massive injury problems in the defensive line.  The defensive line holes will probably be patched by September, what with Ty Warren and Mike Wright looking healthy this week. 

In any case, my numbers are at historic levels for the Patriots.  I have to somehow add a really nice draft to those numbers.  

The reason I chose 15 victories and not 16 is because there's no mathematical chance for 17 victories, so like a defense in the red zone I'm covered deep by the end line.  I feel that even extraordinary teams can have a terrible Sunday sometimes.

I take your copying my previous message as a way of preserving the call.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

I blame BB for the team's quick playoff exit. He got carried away with his very successful regular season, uncovering vertual unknown fee agents, who all
    contributed to the teams' great record. He then overreacted in punishing Welker, sitting him to start the playoff game. This year, someone needs to remind him of this, to be a bit easy with the players, at playoff time, this time around. Going back over payoff time for the Patriots in their past games, and losses, it may have been BB to blame as well.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

18-1 Super Bowl Champs.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Let's have fun with our 2011 regular season predictions (assume a regular schedule):
    [QUOTE]I blame BB for the team's quick playoff exit. He got carried away with his very successful regular season, uncovering vertual unknown fee agents, who all contributed to the teams' great record. He then overreacted in punishing Welker, sitting him to start the playoff game. This year, someone needs to remind him of this, to be a bit easy with the players, at playoff time, this time around. Going back over payoff time for the Patriots in their past games, and losses, it may have been BB to blame as well.   
    Posted by jjaycee[/QUOTE]

You'll have to forgive him for benching Welker and putting a dark cloud over the game. Control freaks sometimes just can't help themselves. It's not that he's a bad person. It's just that he can't control his addiction.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]So, Babe Troll, you are saying they get a 1 seed, get the Bye and then lose the SB?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

No King Troll. I'm saying they should go about 12-4 then 1-1 in the playoffs.  That doesn't indicate that they will get a bye. And even with a bye, 1-1 doesn't get them in the SB.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

WE will CHOKE in the playoffs again 100% guarenteed, unless we get a #1 WR and a pass rusher that gets 12 or more sacks.

Sections
Shortcuts