Let's Hope The Raiders Are The Worst Team In Football....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Re: Let's Hope The Raiders Are The Worst Team In Football....

The Raiders defense is not bad.  It was their offense that stunk the place up.  The turnovers killed them as it would kill any team.  The defense played a lot and was spent by the end of the year.  With Campbell at the helm the offense may not run well but I don't see the turnover rate being as high.  Saying this I don't think we get a shot at the top 10.

My bottom ten
    Denver - Personnel problems abound.
    Seattle - a mess.
    Cleveland - a team in transistion
    Buffalo - a team always in transition.
    Carolina - had an off season fire sale.
    Rams - This is still a bad team.
    Detroit - Much improved but young and in a tough conference.
    Arizona - No QB.  The offense will be very one dimensional.
    Jax - I feel the team has lost confidence in their QB.  This team seems to give
            up as the season progresses.
    TB - What have these guys done to improve?  Maybe some on D but can the
           offense move the ball?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

unfortunately, they have a fair chance of going 8-8, because of a weak div and a weak sched outside the div (nfc west).

i see them winning against STL, ARI, DEN, SEA, KCC, JAX, DEN, KCC
    maybe they lose one of the games against DEN or KCC.

then losing to TEN, HOU, SDC, SFF, PIT, MIA, SDC, IND.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Takashi-Toshiro. Show Takashi-Toshiro's posts

It's possible that the Raiders could have a better record than the Patriots! The Raiders have a good defense and now they have McClain in the middle, and play in arguably the weakest division in the AFC and 2nd weakest in the NFL. They might go 8-8 and the Pats could go 7-9. The Patriots D is just awful and their schedule is brutal. McCourty looks as lost as Wheatley and Whilhite at CB and unless Cunningham is McGinest, then they will still be calling Banta-Cain their best OLB. Could be a 1-step back season before they take 2 steps forward next season.

Patriots Schedule

Cin. L
    @ Jets L
    Bills W
    @Dolphins L
    @Ravens L
    @Chargers L
    Vikings L
    @Browns W
    @Steelers L
    Colts L
    @Lions W
    Jets W
    @Bears W
    Packers L
    @Bills W
    Dolphins W

Raiders Schedule

@Ten L
    Rams W
    @Cards W
    Texans L
    Chargers W
    @49ers L
    @Broncos W
    Seahawks W
    Chiefs W
    @ Steelers L
    Dolphins L
    @Chargers L
    @Jaguars W
    Broncos W
    Colts L
    @Chiefs L

I think it's possible the Pats will win one more than I think and the Raiders lose one more than I think, but it will be close. The Patriots are not that good. Their offense can't win them 10 games on its own vs the defenses and offenses they're playing. They are rebuilding whether they admit it or not. They could have two top 15 picks, which is still pretty good. It allows them the chance to move up if there is someone they really want. Maybe Jake Locker since they apparently don't want Tom Brady too badly Undecided

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

The raiders have a very good defense. Thier offense is much improved with Campbell at the helm. My guess is 9 or 10 wins if they dont lose any key players to injury. We WILL NOT get a top 10 pick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

In truth ...The Raiders D is pretty good , but I don't know that you can describe it just yet as a very good defence .
      They are suspect against the run ( front line not the stoutest ) and at Safety ( M.Huff is a work in progress ) . They did however improve their D immensley with drafting McClain and trading for the Browns Wembley ( used our aquired for Burgess 3rd round pick to add a guy thet would have looked awesome in a Pats uni ...DOH ! ) .
      They're offence was horrible last year  - but mainly do to JaCarcus & an inexperienced wr corp . They should rebound greatly in that department and give their D more rest and better field position .

Unfortunately I see the Raiders finishing @ .500 and the Pats getting a 14 - 18 pick in the draft .
       Personally I would have loved to have seen them parlay it before the '10 draft into a high pick and grabbed an impact player this year ( Spillar ? )

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

That whole division is horrendous.  Any or all those teams could be on bottom.  Either way, 1st rounder is good no matter where it is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

Takashi,

Those seem like Jets fans predictions for the Pats.  The Raiders can beat the chargers but the Pats can't?  Come on.  The Chargers are good for the West but they are not the team they were a few years ago.

Also, I think there is a good chance the Pats end up with 3 first round picks next year(at least before BB starts trading down) Mankins doesn't look like he will sign with this team so he will likely get franchised and traded,  they should get at LEAST a 1st rounder for him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Today my power ratings have the Raiders as drafting at number 3.  Their offensive line is five turnstiles and right now their only real running back is injured. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

idk the raiders were horrible before jamarcus got there and most likely will still be horrible since hes gone.jemarcus wasnt the raiders only problem.(cable feels the need to punch his coaching staff) until i see that the raiders have actually improved then i wont believe we wont get a top 10 pick

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

The Raiders were ranked 26 in overall defense last year and 23 in scoring defense.  They were horrible against the run.  Why do you believe they will be a top defense?

The Skins went 4-12 under Jason Campbell last year despite ranking 10th in overall defense.  Campbell's defenders say that his lack of performance is due to the fact that he's been burdened with having to learn new offensive systems under different OC each year.   So how is going to the Raiders under a new OC (for him) any different?

6-10 for the RAIDERS. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

In Response to Re: Let's Hope The Raiders Are The Worst Team In Football....:
    [QUOTE]It's possible that the Raiders could have a better record than the Patriots! The Raiders have a good defense and now they have McClain in the middle, and play in arguably the weakest division in the AFC and 2nd weakest in the NFL. They might go 8-8 and the Pats could go 7-9. The Patriots D is just awful and their schedule is brutal. McCourty looks as lost as Wheatley and Whilhite at CB and unless Cunningham is McGinest, then they will still be calling Banta-Cain their best OLB. Could be a 1-step back season before they take 2 steps forward next season. Patriots Schedule Cin. L @ Jets L Bills W @Dolphins L @Ravens L @Chargers L Vikings L @Browns W @Steelers L Colts L @Lions W Jets W @Bears W Packers L @Bills W Dolphins W Raiders Schedule @Ten L Rams W @Cards W Texans L Chargers W @49ers L @Broncos W Seahawks W Chiefs W @ Steelers L Dolphins L @Chargers L @Jaguars W Broncos W Colts L @Chiefs L I think it's possible the Pats will win one more than I think and the Raiders lose one more than I think, but it will be close. The Patriots are not that good. Their offense can't win them 10 games on its own vs the defenses and offenses they're playing. They are rebuilding whether they admit it or not. They could have two top 15 picks, which is still pretty good. It allows them the chance to move up if there is someone they really want. Maybe Jake Locker since they apparently don't want Tom Brady too badly
    Posted by Takashi-Toshiro[/QUOTE]

Lets face it, the pats wont win any super bowls this year with the current state of the Defense... but these predictions are horrible.  We cant beat the chargers who have a rookie RB and no NO. 1 Wideout?  Even better.. the raiders can???  We cant beat the stealers who traded their pro bowl WR to the jets?  We dont win a single game according to this guy that is of any importance.. Our defense is in rough shape, but our Offense carried us last year and it only got better this year.  We have a better spread for run/throw making us more un predictable and more offensive weapons at TE and WR.  The pats are rebuilding, but even with that being said we are winning atleast 10 games this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

The Raiders a playoff team - are you kidding me?  They might have enough talent to win 6 or 7 games max, but a playoff team, yeah right.   They have no structure, their coach is a complete mess.  Campbell doesn't have any more talent in Oakland around him than he had at Washington and look how he struggled.  Their WRs are a mess.  The only chance they have for to even smell the playoffs is if Darren McFadden becomes a Steven Jackson/E.James type workhouse who carries the load all season long.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mynameisAugustWest. Show mynameisAugustWest's posts

That is looking like a mid first round pick.  The AFC west is awful.  Oakland might have the second best talent in the division, he ll they could legitimately win that division at about 9-7 but my guess is more like 7-9, good for about the 13th pick.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

The Chargers are going to be good.  Ryan Matthews is a stud RB and the combo with Sproiles will be an explosive one-two punch.  Rivers and Gates will get that passing game going whether or not their star WR shows up.   The Chiefs are a team on the rise, Thomas Jones and Jammal Charles will take a lot of pressure off of Matt Cassel who will settle in working with Charlie Weiss.   The Broncos may not have the most talent in that division but they will be much more of a team.  Plus Moreno is a heck of a Running Back. 

I see the season going like this.

Chargers - 11-5. 

Chiefs - 8-8

Broncos - 7-9

Raiders - 3-13. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Lol put Jason Campell on an even more mediocre offense then the one he failed on and expect them to do something.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

No need to hope, i think they win about 4 games

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Let's Hope The Raiders Are The Worst Team In Football....:
    [QUOTE]... I see the season going like this. Chargers - 11-5.  Chiefs - 8-8 Broncos - 7-9 Raiders - 3-13. 
    Posted by DuncanOrange[/QUOTE]

i hope you are right. those three wins account for SEA, STL and ARI. i think they are really bad. i am pretty confident SEA is worse than OAK.

you're basically saying they win none of their div games.

now that i am thinking about this again. they are likely to go 3-3 in their div.
    they may win one more. that takes them to 7-9.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

The Raiders are stacked with the sort of low first round picks that many around here claim the Pats desperately need.  They will be bottom of the league again.