Let's Hope The Raiders Don't Screw Up Our First Round Draft Pick.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Let's Hope The Raiders Don't Screw Up Our First Round Draft Pick.....

They actually made smart moves this year in the draft getting two stud defenders in the first two rounds which should give them a tough defense next season, then they pick up Jason Campbell, not a great quarterback, but a solid one, and a major upgrade for the Raiders.   If they can run the ball with Darren McFadden (if he lives up to the 1,600+ yard 12+TD back he was drafted to be) they could 7-8 games next season, which is bad for the Pats. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Let's Hope The Raiders Don't Screw Up Our First Round Draft Pick.....

In Response to Let's Hope The Raiders Don't Screw Up Our First Round Draft Pick.....:
    they pick up Jason Campbell, not a great quarterback, but a solid one, and a major upgrade for the Raiders.  Posted by DuncanOrange

solid? are you serious. the guy is a dud. they got a dud to replace a bigger dud. the raiders will still suk next year becuase of their QB, and lack of offense

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Raiders win 5 next year.  That's it.  5 - 11.

Pats get a top 10 pick.  Use it on an OL. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

In Response to Re: Let's Hope The Raiders Don't Screw Up Our First Round Draft Pick.....:
    Raiders win 5 next year.  That's it.  5 - 11. Pats get a top 10 pick.  Use it on an OL. 
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

Send it backwards for 3 2nd rounders!.........You know you want to Bill!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Let's Hope The Raiders Don't Screw Up Our First Round Draft Pick.....:
    In Response to Re: Let's Hope The Raiders Don't Screw Up Our First Round Draft Pick..... : Send it backwards for 3 2nd rounders!.........You know you want to Bill!
    Posted by seanblaze

yeah but which team will have three 2nd rounders available to trade?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I'm just not seeing Jason Campbell as the answer in Oakland. Of course -- as I believe I've said here before -- the AFC Worst completely blows from top to bottom, so it's conceivable that the Raiders could be a .500 team almost by accident.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Jason Campbell is a solid QB.  He never really had a chance in Washington, they kept switching OC on him and he had an average supporting cast at best.  He's a career 82 QB rating and 61 percent passer, which is as I said, is solid not great.  Jason Campbell is that Matt Hasselback type QB, that won't carry your team but if you surround him with a defense that will keep you in game and some talent on offense, he'll help you win ball games.  

That said, Jason Campbell will once again be having a new OC so it will take time for him to adjust and the WR talent at the Raiders is poor.  They've got a SOLID TE, let's just hope Darren McFadden remains a bust. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjcaesar. Show kjcaesar's posts

I'm hoping for the best. It will be great to have top five pick!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

It doesnt matter...havent any of you guys learned anything yet...he trade down...so it doesnt matter how the raiders do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Raiders' first round pick, #8 in the whole draft is Rolando McClain.  He won't be a starter in September.  Maybe he'll contribute something in November.  He'll be much better in 2011 but the Patriots won't care about that.  I give McClain a major thumbs down (for being such a high first rounder) because he doesn't have more than average lateral acceleration.

Same story with the defensive tackle in their round 2.  He's going to have to work his way in.  He wouldn't be my choice either. 

I like Veldheer at round 3, congrats to the Raiders, but again he's going to make rookie mistakes which will hurt the team at first.

Who's that quarterback again?

I'll be disappointed if we don't get top five.  At least.  Outside chance of a #1 pick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I'm not too worried. Campbell couldn't lead a more talented Skin's team to any sort of consistency, what makes me think he will lead a MORE disfunctional Raiders team to many more?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

Any time you draft someone, it's basically a roll of the dice. No matter how hyped he is, he can underachieve. I'd rather trade down for a couple of lower value picks that can cover two holes, then but all my eggs in one basket. I mean if it's a truely great player that you feel will make you a better team, then go for him.  But look at Russell, how hype was he by all the experts?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannoone. Show dannoone's posts

Trade down to lower 1st and 1st next year?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurupt. Show Kurupt's posts

The raiders (and other similar teams) do not draft very well because of their continued reliance on their annual top-10 pick. However, very rarely does a top-10 pick completely turn a franchise around (Peyton Manning is the only one I could think of that did this...) If the Raiders were smart, they would've traded down for a lower 1st round pick and a 2nd rounder or two to fill their glaring holes on the roster, but they didn't. And so begins another season of Raider mediocrity and a top-15 pick for the pats next year!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

It doesnt matter...havent any of you guys learned anything yet...he trade down...so it doesnt matter how the raiders do.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx
    because even if the Pats do trade down their original draft position will have no meaning....right

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

campbell actualy is decent way better uprade than jamarcus, campbell went through like 5 diff offensive coord and head coaches is pretty accurate and the raiders werent that bad always had a agood defense i hope they tank but i feel like 8-8 this year

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

They wouldn't trade a high pick next year if there's a rookie cap. 

Campbell stinks! How many excuses can people make for a crappy QB who has proven he stinks? Anything to instill fear in the mind of a pats fan.