Let's maintain some perspective

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mainerguy. Show mainerguy's posts

Let's maintain some perspective

First of all, I agree with the play call on 4th and 2. How many times in the past have we seen Faulk come up with a short yardage conversion in a crucial spot? To me it looked like forward progress put him over the 30 but I guess that wasn't the case. Also, on the Colts' previous drive, did the D show any signs that they could make a stop?  Either way, while winning, gaining a game, and holding a tiebreaker would have been great, it still would have left the Pats a full game back. This loss does not hurt the Pats' chances of making the playoffs. For 3 1/2 quarters the Pats showed that they absolutely can beat the Colts on the road. The defense let their foot off the gas and it cost the team a W. Rest assured that when these teams meet again it will be a 60 minute affair for all three facets of the Pats' game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox148927. Show sox148927's posts

Re: Let's maintain some perspective

cant say i agree with you on the 4th down call, but appreciate the overall perspective...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

In Response to Let's maintain some perspective:
    [QUOTE]First of all, I agree with the play call on 4th and 2. How many times in the past have we seen Faulk come up with a short yardage conversion in a crucial spot? To me it looked like forward progress put him over the 30 but I guess that wasn't the case. Also, on the Colts' previous drive, did the D show any signs that they could make a stop?  Either way, while winning, gaining a game, and holding a tiebreaker would have been great, it still would have left the Pats a full game back. This loss does not hurt the Pats' chances of making the playoffs. For 3 1/2 quarters the Pats showed that they absolutely can beat the Colts on the road. The defense let their foot off the gas and it cost the team a W. Rest assured that when these teams meet again it will be a 60 minute affair for all three facets of the Pats' game.
    Posted by mainerguy[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

Kevin should have been the third option in that play.  Wes and Randy were open, well beyond the first down marker.  The win was there!!!! Tom missed seeing Wes and Randy, I think.  I like the idea of picking up the first down and keeping Manning and the Colt"s on the sideline for the end of the game.

We will see them again in the playoffs and will eliminate them. 

Sections
Shortcuts