Let's put to rest any comparison to this defense being up to par with any of the SB defenses!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

Let's put to rest any comparison to this defense being up to par with any of the SB defenses!

Regardless of they are statistically ranked, it is clear to me that part of the rightful calculation in Belichick's mind last night was simply that he could not put his fate in the hands of his defense. He could not count on them to get one last dose of adrenaline to stop peyton and pull it off. I never had the confidence as in 2003 when Willie and those guys stuffed the colts from the one on 4 straight chances that this team could even come close to matching that. Yes, we had injuries and were depleted, still in past, he would have turned it over to them. Belichick is a great in-game manager and he did what he felt he had to do. Hopefully, like with Adelius Thomas and others, this defense can take this as an opportunity to start making key stops in order to EARN the necessary trust so that they can be asked to make last second stops and what not! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

Re: Let's put to rest any comparison to this defense being up to par with any of the SB defenses!

I think the D would be better with the old and slow Harrison, Vrable and Bruschi!  This D flat out stinks! they don't have anybody that wants to make a play.  dont have a single player that can get to the QB.  DB's get beat on every double move because the QB has 10 seconds on every throw!  how many tackles do they miss a game?  they need to dump everyone but Mayo on this unit everyone else would be a back up on other teams

Sections
Shortcuts