Lets seperate the True fans from followers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

Lets seperate the True fans from followers

This is kinda about how dumb some of us are regarding the team this year. The people thinking we need stifeling D to win a TITLE we need a decent one....which we have but not the 85 bears. BB is a great coach in seeing what he has and works with and this is what we have.

1.AN AMAZING OFFENSE....we score 30 every game may have 3 1000 yd recievers a solid oline and some decent backs...ohhh yeah the best Qb to ever walk this earth. IF the defense hold people under 24 points we win most games our O is unstoppable when ran correct. obrien sucks

2. Our defense is not pretty but mildy effective its the bend but dont break. We stop the run give up some chunk passes but most importantly HOLD TEAMS TO 3. red zone d has been very good.

What im try to sa is everyone on this board wants us to eb the ravens and run 44 times a day and have a great D. "WE NEEED BROOOOSSSHKI" if we let teams score we suck....." NOOO SHUT OUTS WEE SUCK" we may be soft but so were the 06 Colts and the 09 Saints.....

And what did they d0...outscore people and try to limit them on D. Just an opinion

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

Re: Lets seperate the True fans from followers

In Response to Re: Lets seperate the True fans from followers:
    I agree. Can we just keep the threads to the knowledgeable fans who are normal and then the troll types in the others? If you want to troll, please just put "troll work" in parantheses when you start your threads. Thanks, The Rest Of the Board.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

That would completely defeat the purpose of their trolling which is to derail and cause you to freak out and get into a pissing match.

Want to know how you battle trolls? the ignore button.

All of the new troll names have already been ignored and reported for me, i dont even see their posts anymore. You guys should follow suit.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Bring Randy Moss Back!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I wouldn't count them out that's for sure. Good teams win when they have bad days. They won, they're 9-3, not alot of teams can say that. However you can call a spade a spade. That 4th quarter was atrocious. That was not prevent defense, prevent defense makes teams burn clock to score effectively ending the game (like the Eagles game). What we saw was the opposite, letting the Colts throw quick strike TD's, 3 in ten minutes. That is the only chance they have to get back in the game and you know they are going to do It so you go to "prevent" preventing deep passes and sideline passes that stop the clock and being soft in the short stuff in the middle. That was just bad defense. The offense didn't do them any favors with three 3 and outs to end the game. So well see what happens next game, I think if they can keep a secondary together for a few weeks instead of having to keep putting guys off the street into games because of injuries there will be significant improvement.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Of course we have a good team. Look at the standings. We have flaws. We talk about them. Everybody else has flaws too. If anybody is thinking some other teams have a much greater chance of winning it all, they are delusional.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

This team is what it is....it's good enough to be in 1st place in the AFC East, and looking good going down the stretch.

Is the offense really good with a tons of weopons? Yes!! Can they be stopped by a penetrating defense? Yes again. And this is where the problem may lie. If we can't score 30+ (which is very likely in the playoffs)...can we win a low scoring game with our defense?

Let's face it, the defense has played well, and it is a patchwork of players. Are they good enough to make stops in a low scoring game? I guess we will see come playoff time.

Everone keeps saying we should be fine (IF) our supposed highpower offense score it's usual 30+....well, do you really think that the Ravens or the Steelers are going to give up 30+ in the playoffs? I doubt it.

This D will be tested for sure, but so will the offense. BOTH have to step up come playoff time...if not...we lose.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I wouldn't count them out that's for sure. Good teams win when they have bad days. They won, they're 9-3, not alot of teams can say that. However you can call a spade a spade. That 4th quarter was atrocious. That was not prevent defense, prevent defense makes teams burn clock to score effectively ending the game (like the Eagles game). What we saw was the opposite, letting the Colts throw quick strike TD's, 3 in ten minutes. That is the only chance they have to get back in the game and you know they are going to do It so you go to "prevent" preventing deep passes and sideline passes that stop the clock and being soft in the short stuff in the middle. That was just bad defense. The offense didn't do them any favors with three 3 and outs to end the game. So well see what happens next game, I think if they can keep a secondary together for a few weeks instead of having to keep putting guys off the street into games because of injuries there will be significant improvement.
    Posted by shenanigan

I was at the game and I must confess that I don't really know what BB was trying to accomplish in the 4th qtr.  I say that based on the following observations:
    *I didn't see Big Vince for a lot of the 4th qtr and he was huge in the first 3 qtrs in this game;
    *There were very few starters on D out there for much of the 4th;
    *The D was playing a very soft, prevent style zone, yet Ihedigbo blitzed quite a bit in the 4th.  Not sure I've seen many prevent defenses that blitz a safety;
    *When Ihedigbo blitzed there was absolutely no attempt to disguise it.  He was right up on the LOS through Indy's snap count;
    *Ihedigbo blitzing resulted in a lone deep safety that also is not common in most of the prevents I've seen.

I confess that there could have been some things that I missed but from the above it really is a bit of a puzzle.  I will say this, it wouldn't surpise me at all if BB were trying to make a point in a rather stark manner by doing what he did.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I like your attitude man, NE is likely going to be a 13-3 or 12-4 team. 

The 2009 Saints is a good comparison, because they were the same kind of team. Dominant passing offense, shaky defense that could force turnovers with a lead. 

The one problem with that is they had a much easier road to the Super Bowl than NE may have. If NE drew three "offensive" teams in a row like Arizona, Minny and the Colts, I think they would win. None of those teams in 2009 had defenses that could slow the Saints. They ran the playoffs without facing a single top 5 defense .... now how rare is that?

The AFC has tougher matchups for a team like NE. But if they can beat a couple teams ... I love NE's chances against New Orleans and Green Bay. Heck, they are mirror image teams to NE, pass -> score -> win. I'll take Tom Brady in a shootout anyday. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Lets seperate the True fans from followers:
    This is kinda about how dumb some of us are regarding the team this year. The people thinking we need stifeling D to win a TITLE we need a decent one....which we have but not the 85 bears. BB is a great coach in seeing what he has and works with and this is what we have. 1.AN AMAZING OFFENSE....we score 30 every game may have 3 1000 yd recievers a solid oline and some decent backs...ohhh yeah the best Qb to ever walk this earth. IF the defense hold people under 24 points we win most games our O is unstoppable when ran correct. obrien sucks 2. Our defense is not pretty but mildy effective its the bend but dont break. We stop the run give up some chunk passes but most importantly HOLD TEAMS TO 3. red zone d has been very good. What im try to sa is everyone on this board wants us to eb the ravens and run 44 times a day and have a great D. "WE NEEED BROOOOSSSHKI" if we let teams score we suck....." NOOO SHUT OUTS WEE SUCK" we may be soft but so were the 06 Colts and the 09 Saints..... And what did they d0...outscore people and try to limit them on D. Just an opinion
    Posted by Bspikes55

put up 30 points
    win the turnover battle
    we should win most games

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

the 4th quarter was very tough to watch yesterday and a performance like that would lead to another one and out in the playoffs. we all know that they are going to make the playoffs but not sure if they can win. 

looking at it a day later its obvious that they just let up big time in that 4th quarter. the offense was completely dominant for a while and could have continued, but they took their foot off the gas. the defense went into more prevent and was experimenting with different things, and letting up as well. 

they have a couple of games that could be tough, at denver and against miami who is playing very well right now. if they win out and get home field they probably get the steelers at home in the 2nd round. definitely a winnable game. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

They are not likely going to put up 30 a game against Houston Steelers Ravens especially if they were to play them back to back to back which is a possibility. They don't have much of a choice. I'm sick of the redzone talk and yards don't matter. They are ranked 30th in red zone attempts against them which directly correlated to the ludicrous yards they give up. If teams are in the redzone more they will score more. This is common sense. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It's always easier to discuss flaws then to give praise. That's how most forums work. It wouldn't be much of any type of discussion if we all just said how great this team is and frankly I think every fan should want their team to be perfect.

But, as Babe said every team has flaws, including ours, and we have just as good of a shot of winning it as GB, NO, SF, Pit, or Bal

For me I like seeing a balanced O that uses the run to setup passes and I like seeing a D that plays 60mins. The D doesn't have to be Balt but I do want to see them be consistent from quarter to quarter like they were against Phi and the Jets. Frankly I don't care if they give up 14 or 24 points just as long as they win and they don't go soft in the 4th and give up 14 points in 7mins. Same with the O. They were in control all game and driving then the last 2 series were just plain horrible. Even Brady was pissed about what happened.

We have a great team and a win is a win but come playoff time I want to see the team we saw in NY and not the team we saw yesterday. To me the playoffs are all about the 60mins and it's alright as a fan to call out the team if they don't play 60mins. If you don't play 60mins then whatever you did in the reg season is meaningless if you get knocked out after 1 game. But, if they play 60mins and get beat by a better opponent then I'd still feel pretty good about them.

They whole point is I don't expect anything more for my team then what the team expects from itself. Considering BB, Brady's, and even Mayo's quotes after last game they expect more then they gave too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

In Response to Re: Lets seperate the True fans from followers : How do you feel about the Packers getting blasted for 35 points last night and being handed an Eli gift to stop another possible scoring drive?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

What does GB have to do with the Pats? Last time I checked they are coming off a SB and haven't lost this season. They also beat the team on the road that the Pats lost to without Hakeem Nicks and Bradshaw at home. I'll worry about GB if we see them in the SB. For now I'm worried about a terrible pass defense in which kool aid sippers claim yards don't matter. Clearly things like field position, time of possession and redzone attempts are irrelevant.

Sections
Shortcuts