Let's Take A Stand.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Let's Take A Stand.

Guys, if you're a "true" Pats fan, take a stand in this thread, and let's have REALISTIC discussions regarding the Patriots.

I realize that we didn't play well, but turning on the team isn't the right thing to do. People are entitled to be concerned, and people are entitled to be optimistic, but to call Brady a bad QB is nonsense. To call Belichick an idiot is flat-out stupid.

Did we play well? No. Is there cause for concern? Sure. But ought we to be optimistic? Absolutely. 

Every team loses a game. We're no different. We lost, it's not the end of the world.

Were there bright spots? Yes (Hernandez, McCourty, Cunningham, Welker) Were there bad spots, of course (Butler, Brady, O'Brien, Mayo)

But should we count them out after one game? No.

We were 2-2 in '03, and we all saw what happened there. 

The fact of the matter is that we need to put trust in every player on this team. We have a great head coach. A great QB, and a young, but talented defense.

Will there be bumps in the road? Of Course. But should we turn on our team? No.

So for all true Pats fans, let's have realistic and civil discussions in this thread. There will be ups, and there'll be downs, but we have to stick with our team, and expect them to have success.

If we can clean up our second-half play, and if Butler can clean up his act, and if we can overall play with enthusiasm, and mental toughness, and high energy, we will win a lot of games.

Those are big 'If's', but if anyone can get this team to do those things, it's Bill and Tom.

Let's band together and take a stand. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: Let's Take A Stand.

In Response to Re: Let's Take A Stand.:
    [QUOTE]Dude, how is this any different from 2009? We can't beat anyone good, we can't win on the road. Period.  We are not even in the discussion of Super Bowl contenders.  We're irrelevant.  Sorry, but look at the results.
    Posted by John413[/QUOTE]

What results?

We've played 2 games, 1 of which have been on the road.

So to say that we can't win on the road is nonsense. 

We had one bad game, and that's it. You can't make broad statements based off of one game.

After week 6 you can judge the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]LOL... you go ahead and keep drinking the Kool-aid from that half-full glass.
    Posted by manowar333[/QUOTE]

I sure as hell will!

Look, if you're turning on the team, don't even bother posting!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

check out my thread "a calm fan's thoughts" for details on what you are saying. I essentially say the same thing, but more specific

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

We can't back down, there's too much at stake, this is serious, don't walk away.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ray2424. Show ray2424's posts

We sucked.... Jets honestly schooled us and Brady was making horrible decisions!!! It's not the end of the world but I don't think we can beat the Jets at all.... They're DEFENSE confused Brady and they pretty much shut out Moss and Welker and our defense looked like they didn't know what was going on out there!! I mean we need a Vet on our defense to take control out there because our defense is still an issue and we don't have a pass rush at all!!!! We need to stop getting sooo many freakin young players(that are not proven) and mix it up with some of the older players that are proven!!! We don't have a real leader on our defense..... It's killing me on how young we're going!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ray2424. Show ray2424's posts

In Response to Let's Take A Stand.:
    [QUOTE]Guys, if you're a "true" Pats fan, take a stand in this thread, and let's have REALISTIC discussions regarding the Patriots. I realize that we didn't play well, but turning on the team isn't the right thing to do. People are entitled to be concerned, and people are entitled to be optimistic, but to call Brady a bad QB is nonsense. To call Belichick an idiot is flat-out stupid. Did we play well? No. Is there cause for concern? Sure. But ought we to be optimistic? Absolutely.  Every team loses a game. We're no different. We lost, it's not the end of the world. Were there bright spots? Yes (Hernandez, McCourty, Cunningham, Welker) Were there bad spots, of course (Butler, Brady, O'Brien, Mayo) But should we count them out after one game? No. We were 2-2 in '03, and we all saw what happened there.  The fact of the matter is that we need to put trust in every player on this team. We have a great head coach. A great QB, and a young, but talented defense. Will there be bumps in the road? Of Course. But should we turn on our team? No. So for all true Pats fans, let's have realistic and civil discussions in this thread. There will be ups, and there'll be downs, but we have to stick with our team, and expect them to have success. If we can clean up our second-half play, and if Butler can clean up his act, and if we can overall play with enthusiasm, and mental toughness, and high energy, we will win a lot of games. Those are big 'If's', but if anyone can get this team to do those things, it's Bill and Tom. Let's band together and take a stand. 
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

Yeah our defense might be talented but not PROVEN at all. They might play well here and there but not consistantly. We need to get a proven leader on defense no matter how much we have to spend to get him or them because we all know we don't like to spend money!!! excluding Tom Brady.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

What was the issue with the defense?

Well, we had decent pressure. We hit Sanchez 5 or 6 times, and we had 3 sacks. Aside from Butler, our secondary looked solid. We gave up a few big runs, but we didn't consistently give up 4 or 5 yards.

The issue was Butler, and 3rd down. 

Butler was picked on all day. Hopefully Bill can help him and his technique, and hopefully he can improve, but that was a source of a lot of problems. 

We had the Jets in a lot of third down situations, and we didn't stop them. 

We just need to finish games on the offensive side of the ball, and we need to maintain high intensity on defense for the entire game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

The 2nd half performance was pitiful, i blame everyone. This is how we lost last year too, 2nd half meltdowns by offense, defense, ST and coaches. Could not stop the run, could not run, Brady was possessed by Hugh Millen in 2nd half, our D looked bad in 2nd half but when the O goes 3 and out/turnovers over and over it changes momentum. Why did we go away from the success of the 1st half where we scored 14 points(should of been 17) i'll never know, looked like a vanilla offense out there, do what works for you.

Last week we were an elite team this week we are a horrible team.

The Jets had to win and they did, period.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtbr1975. Show mtbr1975's posts

[QUOTE]Dude, how is this any different from 2009? We can't beat anyone good, we can't win on the road. Period.  We are not even in the discussion of Super Bowl contenders.  We're irrelevant.  Sorry, but look at the results.
    Posted by John413[/QUOTE]L

Last time I checked, the Bengals are one of the best teams in the league...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

i appreciate the optimism and sure you have some points, but please with all the rah rah sis boom bah "true pats fan" crap...people questioning and second guessing the team at times like this does not immediately diqualify them from "true pats fan" status...it's a played out as the term "pink hat", even if pink hats do in fact exist (which they do) it does not make every fan that does not just fall in lockstep formation not a true or real fan..in a small way, it's like calling anyone that does not agree with our politicians decisions a terrorist..same hive mentality

i will be watching next week, and the week after and the week after....most of us will be, we aint going anywhere....but they embarrassed themselves today and some people just call it like they see it...they are still wilting in the 2nd half of games just like last year, not making adjustments, brady has morphed into a stat guy that doesent make clutch plays at at crunchtime etc...i want the old tom brady back not this peyton marino wannabe...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Take A Stand. : That's a good point that I forgot all about:  Gostkowski stinks!  Can this guy be counted to hit ANYTHING anymore?   He's turning into a big time choke artist.
    Posted by John413[/QUOTE]

That happens a lot to all kickers around the league, make a FG, penalty, kick it again, miss. I guess mike reiss was right, Mesko and Ghost will struggle early on, that's 3 of 4 misses so far. I would not say Ghost stinks but his timing with the new guy does right now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Can we still root for the Pats if we remain seated?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I am a Pats fan from the "glory" days of the Sullivans..  heck, a lot more to have had angst for back then!  Today's fans are so GD spoiled!  What did many of them think could have happened today..  I guess not too many thought the Pats could lose.  The Jets were at home and had all to play for JUST to get back into the discussion that they are supposed to be a SB contender.  Can we be disheartened for that abysmal second half performance, sure!  But, to jump ship like so many seem to be doing tonight, good grief.  BE happy when they win, be sad when they lose... other than that, imagine how the players feel.  They deel a hck of a lot worse than you, but, they know it is one game and they'll move onto the next game as we should...  2 down, 14 to go!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

[QUOTE]Can we still root for the Pats if we remain seated?
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

LMAO...maybe TFB should worry about making plays in the 4th quarter as opposed to which fans are leaving in the 4th quarter...i mean the faggy justin bieber hairdo is bad enough, but he looks even stupider calling out his fans when he no longer performs late in games himself...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

We can still go 15-1 LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrock1114. Show jrock1114's posts

In Response to Let's Take A Stand.:
    [QUOTE]Guys, if you're a "true" Pats fan, take a stand in this thread, and let's have REALISTIC discussions regarding the Patriots. I realize that we didn't play well, but turning on the team isn't the right thing to do. People are entitled to be concerned, and people are entitled to be optimistic, but to call Brady a bad QB is nonsense. To call Belichick an idiot is flat-out stupid. Did we play well? No. Is there cause for concern? Sure. But ought we to be optimistic? Absolutely.  Every team loses a game. We're no different. We lost, it's not the end of the world. Were there bright spots? Yes (Hernandez, McCourty, Cunningham, Welker) Were there bad spots, of course (Butler, Brady, O'Brien, Mayo) But should we count them out after one game? No. We were 2-2 in '03, and we all saw what happened there.  The fact of the matter is that we need to put trust in every player on this team. We have a great head coach. A great QB, and a young, but talented defense. Will there be bumps in the road? Of Course. But should we turn on our team? No. So for all true Pats fans, let's have realistic and civil discussions in this thread. There will be ups, and there'll be downs, but we have to stick with our team, and expect them to have success. If we can clean up our second-half play, and if Butler can clean up his act, and if we can overall play with enthusiasm, and mental toughness, and high energy, we will win a lot of games. Those are big 'If's', but if anyone can get this team to do those things, it's Bill and Tom. Let's band together and take a stand. 
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]
    BOTTOM LINE IS WE DONT PUT ENOUGH PRESSURE ON THE OPPOSING QB'S.   THATS WHY WE ALWAYS GET PICKED A PART.. THATS WHY THE COLTS ALWAYS COME BACK AGAINST US.. WE DONT PLAY PHYSICAL ENOUGH OR SEND ENOUGH BLITZ'S... BELLICHUMP SHOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE LOSS

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I can't remember the last time Bellicheck out-coached an opponent.  I think it was probably in 2007.

That is a major problem for this team.  Yes, the defense is young - but if you get creative with a young defense they can still be more effective.  Unfortunately, BB uses the same philosophy he used with his veteran defenses.  Well, veteran defenses can play "bend don't break" (especially when the offense is scoring 35 a game).  But young defenses need to be more emotional and take more risks.

In other words, where are these "great schemes" that BB is so famous for?

Can anyone remember the last time BB's schemes fooled an opposing QB?  

Remember when his creativity would fool Peyton Manning?  Now he is getting schooled regularly by Mark Sanchez and Joe Flacco.

This will be a year similar to 2009.  It just will.  Bellicheck refuses to change to the reality of his personnel.

He also gets extremely TIMID once he gets the lead.  He started out 5-wide and then he went to the "prevent ofense" in the second half.  Why?

I dunno. 

Bellicheck is a HoF coach - and without a doubt among the best of all time.  He has also not had a new idea in about 4 seasons and it shows.

On the field - no one is more responsible for a crappy 2009 than Brady.  he looks the same this year as last year.  There were a couple times where he could have run and picked up 6-7 yards and given the team a chance to move the chains.

But he doesn't do that anymore. 

Bellicheck has a green defense playing a veteran scheme that needs 35 points a game from the offense, led by a QB fixated on the bomb (who is he, daryl lamonica?).

That isn't a "good plan."

Sections
Shortcuts