Lets talk Cards

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Lets talk Cards

-Pats catch another break with either an injured Skelton or jittery Kolb taking snaps.

-Cards OL depleted to the point that Pats may be able to get multiple sacks this week

-Cards D playing well past 8-12 games, and they do well up the middle. Very good Safety play.  Could be the game Wes is targeted 8 or more times.

-Will be interested to see how the back 4 handle Larry.

-Connolly not practicing doesn't bode well. Havent seen this lack of depth in the PAts OL in years. Look at last year with Solder, Connolly, Wendell and Cannon all in reserve to start the season.

-I am guessing Vereen is inactive, but I would like to see this guy on the field with the first team getting the ball 10-12 times a game. I still think he can be electric.

-I prefer Slater to be the primary KR, not McCourtey  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: Lets talk Cards

If Dowling is healthy I put him on Fitz and use DM on their #2 1n1.  Dowling with Gregory over top on Fitz.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

^^^ I see a lot of pressure, their OL is has injuries (well as Pats) if Kolb keeps pressure he will thow a few INTs.

For the Pats early screens and draws take advantage of those OLBs rushing.  You still have to defend fitz, he'll be doubled why not put dowling on him with gregory over top.  DM can handle their #2s leaves chung able to run support (their running game sucks) or protect the middle of the field short intermidiate.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I remember the Cards having a stout run defense. We might see McD come out 5 wide and make them play in space. Brady might have a huge day as will the big 4! I too would love to see Vareen in this game but might as well rest him as we may not need him.

Keep a safety over the top of Fitzy, I vote for the talented and smart 2nd round draft pick Tavon Wilson. The D-line will dominate Wells, and Williams. Kolb might not make it out of this game. Who is the 3rd stringer for the Cards?

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

The cards o not only has fitz, but a good TE plus a legit running game. This game for the cards goes the way kolb plays. 

If you double fitz with dowling and Gregory over the top, we will have McCourty playing 1 on 1 with their number 2. Mccourty's play this week is going to be the thing to watch. I see the pats playing a ton of nickel with Hightower and mayo manning the middle. 

I think Wes has a big game. I think thecards use Peterson to limit Gronk and bradymis going to be under constant pressure. I hope to see lots,of screens, play action, and the run committed to this week. I think tcrusades will be stout against the run, but mcd's plycalling is going to create opportunities for Ridley togave a decent game. I see him running for 70 yards plus a td. 

Pats win 31 to 17.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Cards will be playing the clock..........they are going to run and short pass alot....keep Brady off field. Pats will have to score first and keep it going.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to Pats7393's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Dowling is healthy I put him on Fitz and use DM on their #2 1n1.  Dowling with Gregory over top on Fitz.

[/QUOTE]

+1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

the cards are a well coached team with a good defense and special teams. I'm not as concerned about their offense as their defense. I like the idea of putting dowling on fitz. He's their best corner against the taller elite recievers. The d should get a decent pass rush on their o-line.

the cards defense can cause problems, turnovers. peterson is a ball hawk and the safety wilson is very good. they have a strong pass rush, our o-line will have their hands full.  the cards are under the radar and have been playing well, not good enough to beat the patriots but can't be taken lightly. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

AZ has shaky running backs at best, this equates to the Pats zeroing in on Fitz and dissrupting the QB. As long as the Pats D focuses on their assignments, this game shouldn't be too difficult. As far as AZ defense goes; like some have said we should spread them out, use Ridley often and in the screen game, work Welker and the TE's for short and some dump off passes, then hit them with a few play action passes later in the game once the defense forgets we have Lloyd running down field.

I would like to see Vereen, but would prefer to let him rest when it's clear Ridley can handle the backfield all by himself.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

The cards put up 23 yards vs the seahawks.

Im thinking sigle digits rushing yards vs our front 7

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The Cards are a lot better than they're getting credit for here, they have solid players in every group. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Cards are a lot better than they're getting credit for here, they have solid players in every group. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree if you are talking defensively. Offensively, I am not impressed with Skelton or Kolb, and the OL is missing it key piece due to injury.

I like the Pats D vs the Cards O...and I give BB a big advantage over Whiz

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Arizona has no quarterback this week, and they have no left tackle.  Their backup left tackle went down too.  If I were the Cards I'd put markers where those two players should be. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

I see the pats starting the game a bit slow, due to the fact that they don't play them (AZ) much. It can be a close game at half time if they don't play well on special teams peterson is an electrifying PR and KR, so special teams play will be important. I don't see the deep throws having any success against this D, this should be a run dominant game , short-intermediate passes, screens, etc..But then in the second half we'll put the game out of reach...34-17 pats!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

I like texas hold-em.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

We have Lloyd now. Theres not too much tape o us this year yet. No tape on Vareen, Jones, Hightower. I'd venture to guess theres a lot of speculation going on in AZ how to play against thses guys. Who do you double Vince or Jones? I like seeing Wilfork being able to play this year as opposed to just being a double team machine. If Cunningham continues to play at this level our D will be in the Cards backfield all day.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Patriots spank them 41-13

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Kevin Kolb is ok if he gets a chance to throw the ball, but he does a real Sanchize when he gets pressured and leaves the pocket. 

Both Arizona offensive tackles are absolutely terrible in pass protection.  They might want to double team Chandler Jones.  Bill Belichick will seriously consider putting Jake Bequette in on third and long, because the Arizona right tackle is slow against anyone going around the end.  That's Bequette's job.

Arizona's running game was pretty bad last week, so don't expect the Patriots defensive front to be too distracted from blitzing assignments.  All told, I see a plain awful offense matched up against a good defense.  There are only a few mismatches this bad all season.

I expect Brady to pick on certain average defensive backfield players.  Arizona will blitz like crazy because they have nothing left to lose, and Brady beats blitzes all the time. 

If we see a ho-hum blowout over 20 points, I wouldn't be surprised.  Mallett needs the practice.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Much like the 1990 Giants D I would love to see Belichick cement the idea that no one can run against this defense and specifically this LB corps. Obviously I doubt the Pats have an LT, but the starting LB corps looks as good as it has been in five years. Wells is more of pounder between the tackles guy than CJ2K (speed guy). If no one can run and the Pats have the lead opposing offenses can become one dimensional thus putting it in the hands of the pass rush qb pressure and well.....the secondary.

Wasn`t Kolb the guy that played great against the Pats when with Eagles....

And you`dont need to remind that 85% of the offense out there are pass first.

Sections
Shortcuts