Lets talk WR's now

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Lets talk WR's now

So Sanders is visiting the Bucs today, interesting that the Pats have not shown interest after last year.

Edelman is in Cleveland visiting them.

Andrew Hawkins who was said to be the Pats backup plan if Edelman didn't work out just sighned the Browns offer sheet.  Wonder if that changes things with Edelman and the Browns.

Being reported that the Ravens are a front runner for Steve Smith.

Nicks will be visiting the Colts on Friday.

thoughts?  Ideas?  Wish list?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: Lets talk WR's now

Edelman would be a fool to sign with Browns....Sanders should be shown some consideration.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Kenny Britt, Milles Austin are options Jason Avant was here yesterday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

My guy is Jones from GB, always thought he was underated.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Don`t forget James Jones, Nicks and Lance Moore

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I predict that each WR mentioned will sign with the team that offers them the most money

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Don't need a WR as much as D and O line. Why talk about a third level want!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'm not sure they wont' sign Brandon LaFell.  Not a particularly big splash but a big target possession receiver.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Lance Moore is the only guy I would sign, I'm sure he would gladly take the deal the Pats offered Edelman.

Let Edelman walk. We already overpaid for Amendola, no reason to overpay for Edelman too. Neither of these guys should be working as much, or in the case of Amendola, or more than Welker.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Lance Moore and Avant. Besides being competent receivers with good hands they are both supoosedly very good lockerroom guys.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Edelman and Sanders are the only ones I would consider better than what we currently have on the roster and I wouldn't overpay for Edelman. Under $4mil a year sure but not much mroe than that and nothing too long term, thinking 3-4 years.

Really looking at this years WR class it's a extremely weak class. Combine that with a very strong WR draft class and that's why there really isn't a WR market this year like last year. Frankly if they can't get Edelman back at a reasonable price or Sanders I'd rather them get someone from the draft like Latimer, Coleman, Hoffman, or Moncrief.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Most of the options have been mentioned, however the draft is also absolutely loaded at WR this year, so if they aren't looking to target a Kelvin Benjamin in Rd 1, they should still be able to find value on Day 2 or the middle rounds.

They could also draft the next Julian Edelman on Day 3, in the form of Northwestern's Kain Colter (5-10 200).  I'm very, very high on this kid... off the charts leadership and intangibles, competitive, versatile, huge hands and has the quick twitch athleticism and intelligence to produce relatively early.  He's one of my favorite "sleepers" in this class.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 3m

With Hakeem Nicks visiting Indy, #Panthers have renewed interest in Brandon LaFell, who left NE without a deal. LaFell is in Charlotte today

Not so fast, ATJ, on the LaFell deal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Most of the options have been mentioned, however the draft is also absolutely loaded at WR this year, so if they aren't looking to target a Kelvin Benjamin in Rd 1, they should still be able to find value on Day 2 or the middle rounds.

They could also draft the next Julian Edelman on Day 3, in the form of Northwestern's Kain Colter (5-10 200).  I'm very, very high on this kid... off the charts leadership and intangibles, competitive, versatile, huge hands and has the quick twitch athleticism and intelligence to produce relatively early.  He's one of my favorite "sleepers" in this class.

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't TB dserve a couple of vets who are reliable? get him Edleman and someone else...PLEASE!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

Trade the next 5 or 6 first round picks for Welker then give him a lifetime extension.

Failing that, I actually think LaFell would be an underrated move.  I like what little I have seen of him.  He would compliment what the Pats have now and should come at a good price.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't TB dserve a couple of vets who are reliable? get him Edleman and someone else...PLEASE!!!

[/QUOTE]

I'm all for adding veteran help at the position, however the talent/depth available in this class can't be ignored.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He does but there aren't that many reliable WRs in this years FA class. I'm not even sure you can call Edelman reliable in the sense there is still the black cloud of only having 1 full healthy year under his belt

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Actually it would be smart to be building through the Draft, like to get Younger at this position. Get a comaraderie with last years kids.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree. 

Dobson, Thompkins and Amendola just aren't going to cut it.  All missed games last season due to injuries, Dobson coming off his foot problem.  The offense needs reliable, veteran receivers. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Actually it would be smart to be building through the Draft, like to get Younger at this position. Get a comaraderie with last years kids.

[/QUOTE]

No, the growing pains of last season should have showed we need some experienced vet WR's.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I do not want them to pay big bucks to any FA WR. TB is so picky with these WRs, the risk is so high that the WR will not work out a chemistry with him. Why waste cap space? Drafting a new one is just as likely to ahve the same result anyway.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Edleman's gone, and I have major concerns about Dobson (foot issue) our big bodied stretch the field threat.  That leaves us with Boyce, Amendola and Thomkins.  And while I expect more out of all 3 of those guys, we certainly need to add an outside presence/threat.  Might be best to take a low risk gamble on a guy like Kenny Britt. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Of all the FA WRs brought in, how many have really worked out a good chemistry with TB? 

Moss -- Any decent QB would look good with that guy catching

Welker -- As proven in Denver, he's similar to Moss in ability to work with a decent QB.

I lost count of how many WRs have been brought in on decent dime (cap space), only to see that WR not be used much. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I seem to remember another kid from NW we all liked. I think he went undrafted though.

anyhow, we are in an interesting position now. I think WR and DT are big needs, and TE to a degree, maybe 1c. Given what you said about the depth in the draft at WR, the WR and DT FA market, what makes best sense? Grab a DT in FA? , grab a WR in FA, or grab a WR or DT in the draft? I think the pats could double down on both, 1 in FA, 1 in the draft. I think a lot of the strategy will hinge on Edelman and vws extension. Both of which should happen quickly. 

My feeling is if JE walks, we need a veteran in here. I can't see us going into the season with Danny as our only real vet, then all the youngins. If Edelman resigns, I think that gives us more flexibility to grab one of the kids in the draft you mention. If the pats sign both a DT and WR FA, then they could go DT, WR or TE with that first pick, best of the 3 that is available. That is my preference. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree. 

Dobson, Thompkins and Amendola just aren't going to cut it.  All missed games last season due to injuries, Dobson coming off his foot problem.  The offense needs reliable, veteran receivers. 

[/QUOTE]

You are aware that when Boyce and Dobson have breakout years this year, I won't let you live it down, right? Just like I'm not going to let you live down Decker.