Lets talk WR's now

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Lets talk WR's now

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Edelman would be a fool to sign with Browns....Sanders should be shown some consideration.

[/QUOTE]

If he gets paid, would he care?  It is now about money, and the fact he is in Cleveland, is just that.  If it was about a combination of $$$ and getting to the SB, what are Cleveland's chances?  If, zip, then it is about $$$, it's business!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kinchow. Show Kinchow's posts

Am I the only one here who is excited to see what Mark Harrison can do when fully healthy?

"It’s not an understatement to say that statistically Mark Harrison had the most impressive 2013 NFL Combine performance of any participant. During February’s combine Mark weighed in at just under 6’3″ tall and 231 lbs. When Harrison posted a 40 yard dash time of 4.46 seconds, a broad jump of 10’9″ and a vertical jump of 38.5 inches, people immediately took notice. A human being as big and heavy as Harrison isn’t supposed to put up those kind of agility numbers."

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2013/05/patriots-sign-coveted-udfa-mark-harrison.html

Its a shame he broke his foot before the season started (but at least we got him on the cheap)

That is the kind of size/speed guy the Pats need and we've already got him!

If he shows up healthy and last year's rookies develop more chemistry with Tom, I think we can pass on WR in FA and the draft and shift our focus on TE, DT, OL and DE. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Most of the options have been mentioned, however the draft is also absolutely loaded at WR this year, so if they aren't looking to target a Kelvin Benjamin in Rd 1, they should still be able to find value on Day 2 or the middle rounds.

They could also draft the next Julian Edelman on Day 3, in the form of Northwestern's Kain Colter (5-10 200).  I'm very, very high on this kid... off the charts leadership and intangibles, competitive, versatile, huge hands and has the quick twitch athleticism and intelligence to produce relatively early.  He's one of my favorite "sleepers" in this class.

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't TB dserve a couple of vets who are reliable? get him Edleman and someone else...PLEASE!!!

[/QUOTE]

I agree. 

Dobson, Thompkins and Amendola just aren't going to cut it.  All missed games last season due to injuries, Dobson coming off his foot problem.  The offense needs reliable, veteran receivers. 

[/QUOTE]

You are aware that when Boyce and Dobson have breakout years this year, I won't let you live it down, right? Just like I'm not going to let you live down Decker.

[/QUOTE]

LOL, and vice versa.

As for Decker, what about him? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1NEFAN2. Show 1NEFAN2's posts

I think Sidney Rice or Kenny Britt could be had at low cap money 2 yr deal, they can catch the ball and do have some speed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Edelman would be a fool to sign with Browns....Sanders should be shown some consideration.

[/QUOTE]

If he gets paid, would he care?  It is now about money, and the fact he is in Cleveland, is just that.  If it was about a combination of $$$ and getting to the SB, what are Cleveland's chances?  If, zip, then it is about $$$, it's business!

[/QUOTE]

but it's Cleveland Laughing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Edelman's market has been nonexistent.  The Bengals aren't going to match the offer sheet to Hawkins because it is so front loaded meaning the Browns are out of the running.  I think there is a good chance he returns now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Most of the options have been mentioned, however the draft is also absolutely loaded at WR this year, so if they aren't looking to target a Kelvin Benjamin in Rd 1, they should still be able to find value on Day 2 or the middle rounds.

They could also draft the next Julian Edelman on Day 3, in the form of Northwestern's Kain Colter (5-10 200).  I'm very, very high on this kid... off the charts leadership and intangibles, competitive, versatile, huge hands and has the quick twitch athleticism and intelligence to produce relatively early.  He's one of my favorite "sleepers" in this class.

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't TB dserve a couple of vets who are reliable? get him Edleman and someone else...PLEASE!!!

[/QUOTE]

I agree. 

Dobson, Thompkins and Amendola just aren't going to cut it.  All missed games last season due to injuries, Dobson coming off his foot problem.  The offense needs reliable, veteran receivers. 

[/QUOTE]

WHile we cant know the future I must disagree. I think Dobson and Thompkins showed some real talent over the course of the year. SO they were hurt. Half the bleeping league gets hurt every year.

I do not disagree that it would be prudent to keep looking for a talent to bring in. But I am not altogether terrified like some here. I do think those three WRs have real talent.

Moreover I also think that the best teams have very strong if not dominatiing front lines. THat was true when we won our three SBs. That was true for Seattle and SF the last two years. A dominant line makes everyone else on the squad better whether it is QB and RBs and WRs or DBs on defense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

[QUOTE]

So Sanders is visiting the Bucs today, interesting that the Pats have not shown interest after last year.

Edelman is in Cleveland visiting them.

Andrew Hawkins who was said to be the Pats backup plan if Edelman didn't work out just sighned the Browns offer sheet.  Wonder if that changes things with Edelman and the Browns.

Being reported that the Ravens are a front runner for Steve Smith.

Nicks will be visiting the Colts on Friday.

thoughts?  Ideas?  Wish list?

[/QUOTE]

I think the WR corp is the least of the Patriots' worries. I say draft a decent TE.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

[QUOTE]

So Sanders is visiting the Bucs today, interesting that the Pats have not shown interest after last year.

Edelman is in Cleveland visiting them.

Andrew Hawkins who was said to be the Pats backup plan if Edelman didn't work out just sighned the Browns offer sheet.  Wonder if that changes things with Edelman and the Browns.

Being reported that the Ravens are a front runner for Steve Smith.

Nicks will be visiting the Colts on Friday.

thoughts?  Ideas?  Wish list?

[/QUOT

they are fine with what they have and gronk should be back. the patriots have signed many receivers over the past few years and it never works out other than moss. also the offense has choked in every big game since their last superbowl. the best thing to do is to keep building the defense and run the football. win games ugly and low scoring. it doesnt look good to fantasy football nerds but its what will win superbowls. toughen up and play smashmouth football.]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Everyone is acting like a FA WR is a sure thing. Remember Ocho Cinco, Brandon Lloyd. Neither panned out to be that good. Thats why I like low risk high reward guys like Sidney Rice or Kenny Britt. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

In response to maine12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Everyone is acting like a FA WR is a sure thing. Remember Ocho Cinco, Brandon Lloyd. Neither panned out to be that good. Thats why I like low risk high reward guys like Sidney Rice or Kenny Britt. 

[/QUOTE]
    exactly. wr is down the list a way as far as needs and the bust factor is huge. for some reason so many of these guys dont mesh with brady. moss is the only guy who did.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree. 

[/QUOTE]

You are aware that when Boyce and Dobson have breakout years this year, I won't let you live it down, right? Just like I'm not going to let you live down Decker.

[/QUOTE]

LOL, and vice versa.

[/QUOTE]

As far as Decker is concerned, we made a bet that Dobson would have better numbers. If Edelman goes elsewhere, wanna bet Boyce posts better numbers than him too?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL, and vice versa.

[/QUOTE]

As far as Decker is concerned, we made a bet that Dobson would have better numbers. If Edelman goes elsewhere, wanna bet Boyce posts better numbers than him too?

[/QUOTE]

Oh, I thought the bet was where you said Dobson would have over a certain number of yards, receptions and td's.  Something like over 800 yards, 75+ receptions and can't remember the td's.  But if you say it was who would have better numbers then I will honor that.  Had I known Geno Smith would be his QB, that bet would have never happened, lol!

As for Edelman, I will wait to see where he signs. If he signs.. he might be back here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN 24m

Sources: Jets have had numerous conversations w/ free-agent WR Emmanuel Sanders, who has already visited Jags. TB next. #NYJ NOT after that

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

We need to upgrade through the draft , Try to retain Edelman, and add a player like Jerricho Cotchrery , Mario Manningham, Louis Murphy, or Jerome Simpson. Even if you get Edelman back still grab one of the above. Steve Smith is my pipe dream because hes the best out of the bunch but all signs point to him signing with the Ravens.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL, and vice versa.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh, I thought the bet was where you said Dobson would have over a certain number of yards, receptions and td's.  Something like over 800 yards, 75+ receptions and can't remember the td's.  But if you say it was who would have better numbers then I will honor that.  Had I known Geno Smith would be his QB, that bet would have never happened, lol!

As for Edelman, I will wait to see where he signs. If he signs.. he might be back here.

[/QUOTE]

We made two bets, this is the first. The second was that Decker wasn't a real number 1 because he was benefitting from D. Thomas.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Trade for roddy white?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Trade for roddy white?

[/QUOTE]

Not sure what we would trade them, besides draft picks. With this years draft Atlanta would at least want a 2nd rounder for White. We need that pick for either one of our Defense/TE picks in the first two rounds. Not to mention this years calss of WR's is solid and provides depth later in the rounds.

Keep Edelman who is a known quantity and a veteran of this team. Hope someone trades for Amendola or pray he works with Brady this offseason, like Edelman did last year, picks up the offense, stays healthy and produces all season long. Dobson and Boyce should get better, not sure if they will break out, while Thompkins basically stays the same player if he cant learn how to catch balls properly this offseason.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Always enjoy your College/Draft knowledge! Good post

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

One WR I want in the draft is Kevin Norwood, IMO this kid could give Thompson and Dobson and run for their money to start.  Norwood has excellent hands, catches away from his body (no double and tripple catches) very good route runner.  

Aside from the big 1st rnd WRs Norwood might be the most pro ready WR. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

In response to Pats7393's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One WR I want in the draft is Kevin Norwood, IMO this kid could give Thompson and Dobson and run for their money to start.  Norwood has excellent hands, catches away from his body (no double and tripple catches) very good route runner.  

[/QUOTE]

How fast is he for some reason I can remember him not having great speed, is that true? And also IMO I like the WR from Vanderbilt.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How fast is he for some reason I can remember him not having great speed, is that true? And also IMO I like the WR from Vanderbilt.

[/QUOTE]

4.48 40 at the combine,tied for 4th best 3cone time 6.68.  He's 6'2" 198lbs, gets open with his route running but doesn't have terrible speed and but has above average quickness in and out of cuts but his hands are very good.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

4.48 40 at the combine,tied for 4th best 3cone time 6.68.  He's 6'2" 198lbs, gets open with his route running but doesn't have terrible speed and but has above average quickness in and out of cuts but his hands are very good.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I didn't see his combine stats -_-

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

We got 4 big ifs right now which = lots of risk

1. Where will Edelman sign?

2. When and how will Gronk return..can he stay returned?

3. Will Danny play a full season and step up = to his contract?

4. Dobson injury..is it serious enough where he will continue to miss time?

any combo of those things don't go in our favor we are going to be in a very tough spot. I don't think we can play the wait and see game. Buyers now we should be and I like Pats7393 idea of Norwood in the draft. At the least, he is an upgrade over thompkins and seriously challenges Dobson for time. The longer we wait, the less Pickens there will be. 

Sign a mid priced vet now. Sanders, nicks would work and grab Norwood in the draft. I really don't want a replay of last year when Brady was throwing to Edelman, hooman, mulligan and slater. Ain't gonna cut it regardless of what we do on D. Maybe a trade could be had for a vet WR that isn't on anyonps list right now?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We got 4 big ifs right now which = lots of risk

1. Where will Edelman sign?

2. When and how will Gronk return..can he stay returned?

3. Will Danny play a full season and step up = to his contract?

4. Dobson injury..is it serious enough where he will continue to miss time?

any combo of those things don't go in our favor we are going to be in a very tough spot. I don't think we can play the wait and see game. Buyers now we should be and I like Pats7393 idea of Norwood in the draft. At the least, he is an upgrade over thompkins and seriously challenges Dobson for time. The longer we wait, the less Pickens there will be. 

Sign a mid priced vet now. Sanders, nicks would work and grab Norwood in the draft. I really don't want a replay of last year when Brady was throwing to Edelman, hooman, mulligan and slater. Ain't gonna cut it regardless of what we do on D. Maybe a trade could be had for a vet WR that isn't on anyonps list right now?

[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY!  Could you imagine..... we finally get a D that shuts teams down and then the offense can't score.