Let's trade for Brandon Jacobs now!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan33928. Show soxfan33928's posts

Let's trade for Brandon Jacobs now!

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2009/10/14/2009-10-14_brandon_jacobs.html

Ok, this is a little far fetched, perhaps a lot, but I couldn't resist.  Seems as though Jacobs is getting a little upset with how much Bradshaw is being used in NY.  He wants to be the featured back and obviously has the talent to succeed. 

Let's offer the Giants our #1 in 2011 for him now.  Think of how awesome it would be to hand the ball off to that beast 25 times a game.  He's Antwain Smith with a lot more talent.  It would do wonders for our line and for Brady.  I vote to send Bob Kraft's private jet to get him now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Let's trade for Brandon Jacobs now!

In Response to Let's trade for Brandon Jacobs now!:
    [QUOTE]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2009/10/14/2009-10-14_brandon_jacobs.html Ok, this is a little far fetched, perhaps a lot, but I couldn't resist.  Seems as though Jacobs is getting a little upset with how much Bradshaw is being used in NY.  He wants to be the featured back and obviously has the talent to succeed.  Let's offer the Giants our #1 in 2011 for him now.  Think of how awesome it would be to hand the ball off to that beast 25 times a game.  He's Antwain Smith with a lot more talent.  It would do wonders for our line and for Brady.  I vote to send Bob Kraft's private jet to get him now.
    Posted by soxfan33928[/QUOTE]

Personally, I'd rather have NE use an early pick in the 2010 drafton an big, tough RB, maybe Jonathan Dwyer in the 1st, or Charles Scott(LSU)/Ryan Matthews(Fresno State) in the 2nd.

Jacobs is a good player, but he's certainly not worth a top 10 pick (assuming Oakland will be aweful) plus the salary they'd take on (just signed a 4 year $25M deal before the season, not sure of the guaranteed money).

I also doubt the Giants (5-0) would be looking to trade their feature back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

That pick could be top five (eg: Seymour) if its the Raiders pick and not even in the top twenty (can't see the G Men going for that) if its the Patriots pick. Please specify. I agree thay Jacobs would be a huge impact on offense, I just think the cost would be higher than a Pats first (Jacobs is better than Mc Fadden for example). Didn't Jacobs just sign a deal with the Giants ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Not only could the 2011 pick be a top 5 pick, but it could be slotted according to a rookie pay scale, making it significantly more affordable than current top picks.

I think it would be a terrible idea to trade that pick.  Oakland still hasn't mastered the forward pass.  It's going to be a great pick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

The way the Patriots draft.  -----

I'd take Jacobs but why would the Giants give him up.  Makes no sense.

Pluse I'd want a thrown in draft pick or utility player.

Clearly they need a running game.

God bless Muroney.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Besides the fact that i HATE HATE HATE brandon jacobs, our pick in '11 is most likely gunna be top 5, maybe top 10 if Jamarcus Russel opens his eyes when he drops back to pass.  Even people who like Jacob's game can't say that he's worth anything close to a top 10 pick, not even close.  He's a powerful runner whos pretty useless outta the backfield, and doesn't really fit what the Pats offense is built to do (he's one dimensional).  He doesn't have the speed i think BB looks for in his feature backs like Corey Dillon in '04, remember he was a sledge hammer, but he still could break it.  And Antowain Smith was awful (not that I didn't like the guy)....i don't know why people look back on his game so fondly, he was just good enough to keep teams honest, and was aided by one of the most dominating teams of all time during the Superbowl Years. He wouldn't touch the field on this squad, no way no how.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Let's trade for Brandon Jacobs now!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Let's trade for Brandon Jacobs now! : I'd rather have NE use an early pick this year on an big, tough RB, maybe Jonathan Dwyer in the 1st, or Charles Scott(LSU)/Ryan Matthews(Fresno State) in rounds 2-4. Jacobs is a good player, but he's certainly not worth a top 10 pick (assuming Oakland will be aweful) plus the salary they'd take on (just signed a 4 year $25M deal before the season, not sure of the guaranteed money).
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

I like this idea better. Lets face it, we're not SB bound this year so let's not panic just yet.

I'd love to see jacobs here but that 2011 pick should bring us a lot more value. Remember, a high first rounder is NFL gold. These are the picks that can rebuild a franchise, just as they did for both NY teams.

If the giants were to trade him right now, I think they'd consider themselves lucky to get a 3rd rounder, which I'd give them happily.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's trade for Brandon Jacobs now! : I like this idea better. Lets face it, we're not SB bound this year so let's not panic just yet. I'd love to see jacobs here but that 2011 pick should bring us a lot more value. Remember, a high first rounder is NFL gold. These are the picks that can rebuild a franchise, just as they did for both NY teams. If the giants were to trade him right now, I think they'd consider themselves lucky to get a 3rd rounder, which I'd give them happily.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

Indeed, top 5 is where you find your game changing, impact players. 

It also wouldn't suprise me if they spent a high pick in the next two years on a QB to groom as Brady's eventual replacement.  There are alot of highly rated QB's that are draft eligible this year (Locker, Clausen, Tebow, McCoy, Bradford, Mallet, Pike etc), out of that group, Locker, Clausen, and Tebow interest me the most, but that is another conversation entirely..........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan33928. Show soxfan33928's posts

we don't have to trade Oakland's #1.  We can trade our #1 which would be toward the end of the round.   I like guys who have shown they can produce in the league versus the unknown.  Most people though Maroney would be good coming out and look at what's happened to him.  BJ is a proven back in this league and defenses hate going up against him.  Plus, his contract isn't that outrageous.  I'm just saying, it would be nice.  Maybe we can be a SB team with that addition of BJ.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickDesper. Show RickDesper's posts

I don't see anything in that article that says Jacobs is upset with the number of carries he's getting.  He's still the #1 back and gets more carries than Bradshaw.  He's upset that his yards/carry is down.

I don't see anything in that article that indicates the Giants would entertain the (ludicrous) idea of trading him. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SouthSt. Show SouthSt's posts

we need to improve our offensive line . . . use the draft picks there . . . an average RB with a good line works a lot better than a good RB with an average line . . . see former replays of Antoine Smith -- things worked better then . . . and even better with Corey Dillon

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's trade for Brandon Jacobs now! : Indeed, top 5 is where you find your game changing, impact players.  It also wouldn't suprise me if they spent a high pick in the next two years on a QB to groom as Brady's eventual replacement.  There are alot of highly rated QB's that are draft eligible this year (Locker, Clausen, Tebow, McCoy, Bradford, Mallet, Pike etc), out of that group, Locker, Clausen, and Tebow interest me the most, but that is another conversation entirely..........

I would hate to see them draft Tebow; it would be a wasted draft pick if it were in the first 3 rounds.  The guy is "great" at the college level, but only because he is surrounded by a monstrous defense and a ton of talent.  Chris Leak won a national title with that team, just remember that.  The guy is too slow to be a runner (slower than Big Ben), his delivery is too slow, and he hasn't taken a snap from under Center since high school. IMO, he's highly overrated. 

However, Locker and Clausen would be nice to land in the 2nd round ONLY IF they were the best possible player available and we didn't have any glaring needs that were to be filled by other good players available.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's trade for Brandon Jacobs now! : I would hate to see them draft Tebow; it would be a wasted draft pick if it were in the first 3 rounds.  The guy is "great" at the college level, but only because he is surrounded by a monstrous defense and a ton of talent.  Chris Leak won a national title with that team, just remember that.  The guy is too slow to be a runner (slower than Big Ben), his delivery is too slow, and he hasn't taken a snap from under Center since high school. IMO, he's highly overrated.  However, Locker and Clausen would be nice to land in the 2nd round ONLY IF they were the best possible player available and we didn't have any glaring needs that were to be filled by other good players available.
    Posted by jasonh86[/QUOTE]

What QB at a perennial top 25 BCS conference school isn't surrounded by a ton of talent?  I believe he runs in the 4.6 range, but he wouldn't be expected to be a homerun threat anyways.  The guys intangibles (leadership, intelligence, toughness) are off the charts and he wouldn't be asked to start right away, so he'd have time to develop, refine his delivery, pocket skills etc.  The NFL hasn't seen a player with his overall package, that could conceivably run the spread/wildcat offense at the next level on a full time basis.  I'm not saying he's the guy for NE, but he's an option. 

As for Locker/Clausen, I'd be ok with either being chosen in round 1.  How'd that Aaron Rodgers pick work out for Green Bay...........

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

lets not

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

That pick is going to be a top 3 pick with a rookie pay scale. Not to mention the Giants will not get rid of Jacobs. Have you seen Oakland play lately? Even next year's number 1 pick won't help them. I can see Richard Seymour's price going through the roof in this off-season. LMAO. I think Big Sey took a major money hit by being with the Raiders this year. It just goes to show that he was a product of the system.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

Maybe the Vikes will get rid of Adrian Peterson. Come on now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's trade for Brandon Jacobs now! : What QB at a perennial top 25 BCS conference school isn't surrounded by a ton of talent?  I believe he runs in the 4.6 range, but he wouldn't be expected to be a homerun threat anyways.  The guys intangibles (leadership, intelligence, toughness) are off the charts and he wouldn't be asked to start right away, so he'd have time to develop, refine his delivery, pocket skills etc.  The NFL hasn't seen a player with his overall package, that could conceivably run the spread/wildcat offense at the next level on a full time basis.  I'm not saying he's the guy for NE, but he's an option.  As for Locker/Clausen, I'd be ok with either being chosen in round 1.  How'd that Aaron Rodgers pick work out for Green Bay...........

I'd say Aaron Rodgers is going to work out pretty dang good, once they get a competent O-line.

If the Pats were to draft a QB in the next 3-4 years, i'd like to see them wait and take Ryan Mallett.  Sure, it's a homer pick (I live in Arkansas), but the kid has turned a bunch of no-name, average wr's into big-time playmakers in his first few games with the team.  He was solid at Michigan as a freshman, sat out a year after transferring to UA, and now has started to light up SEC defenses (excluding Alabama, nobody will light them up this year).  He'll only get better as he gets more experience and I think he'll be there til he graduates.  He's 6'7", pure pocket passer.. he's about as much of a runner as Brady.  The guy has a cannon for an arm and has really, really good accuracy already.  He'll only get better.

But, I don't think we'll need a QB for another 7-9 years so i'm not too worried about it.

Just food for thought and something to talk about.  Anywho, we just need to draft a RB when a solid one comes available.  Joe McKnight, Stafon Johnson (after he is fully recovered from his accident), etc.  There will be plenty of them available in the next couple years.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DStroh1. Show DStroh1's posts

And let's get Andre Johnson from Houston, and Troy P from the Steelers, and Stephen Jackson from the Rams, and Champ Bailey from Denver.......  GET REAL!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's trade for Brandon Jacobs now! : I'd say Aaron Rodgers is going to work out pretty dang good, once they get a competent O-line. If the Pats were to draft a QB in the next 3-4 years, i'd like to see them wait and take Ryan Mallett.  Sure, it's a homer pick (I live in Arkansas), but the kid has turned a bunch of no-name, average wr's into big-time playmakers in his first few games with the team.  He was solid at Michigan as a freshman, sat out a year after transferring to UA, and now has started to light up SEC defenses (excluding Alabama, nobody will light them up this year).  He'll only get better as he gets more experience and I think he'll be there til he graduates.  He's 6'7", pure pocket passer.. he's about as much of a runner as Brady.  The guy has a cannon for an arm and has really, really good accuracy already.  He'll only get better. But, I don't think we'll need a QB for another 7-9 years so i'm not too worried about it. Just food for thought and something to talk about.  Anywho, we just need to draft a RB when a solid one comes available.  Joe McKnight, Stafon Johnson (after he is fully recovered from his accident), etc.  There will be plenty of them available in the next couple years.

Mallet has looked good this year, yes.  He also may declare this year as I believe he's a draft eligible sophmore. 

As for Brady, he just turned 32 in August so I'm not sure the team is going to hang its hat on him being the same player at 40 (7-9 year away) or so.  Belichick and co, often draft players with an eye towards the future so there's a real possibility that a high round QB could be in the mix.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

While we're at it, let's bring LT out of retirement. He's lost weight on the NutriSystem. We could use his pass rushing abilites.

OTOH, Pees would have him in pass coverage.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

I think Jackson from the Rams would be a possible trade.  We'd have to give up a lot but the Rams are not going to be contenders for a while and by the time they are Jackson will be retired or at the end of the line.  Why shouldn't they try to get some draft picks for him to begin their rebuilding.  Trade them Maroney to tide them over in the mean time and some picks

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's trade for Brandon Jacobs now! : Mallet has looked good this year, yes.  He also may declare this year as I believe he's a draft eligible sophmore.  As for Brady, he just turned 32 in August so I'm not sure the team is going to hang its hat on him being the same player at 40 (7-9 year away) or so.  Belichick and co, often draft players with an eye towards the future so there's a real possibility that a high round QB could be in the mix.

I didn't think about him being draft eligible already, but I sure hope he stays a couple more years. 

I guess I wouldn't mind too awful much if they drafted a QB early, just as long as they don't need an OLB or something and pass one up for a QB.  Then again, my opinion doesn't matter to Kraft or Belichick so they can do whatever they please. 
    Hopefully Brady will be good for many more years to come; I'm sure he will be but you never know with the way the NFL is.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]And let's get Andre Johnson from Houston, and Troy P from the Steelers, and Stephen Jackson from the Rams, and Champ Bailey from Denver.......  GET REAL!!!!
    Posted by DStroh1[/QUOTE]

No No No we just need to wait until Barry Sanders comes back.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's trade for Brandon Jacobs now! : I didn't think about him being draft eligible already, but I sure hope he stays a couple more years.  I guess I wouldn't mind too awful much if they drafted a QB early, just as long as they don't need an OLB or something and pass one up for a QB.  Then again, my opinion doesn't matter to Kraft or Belichick so they can do whatever they please.  Hopefully Brady will be good for many more years to come; I'm sure he will be but you never know with the way the NFL is.

Yeah, none of our opinions matter, but it's still fun to discuss. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan33928. Show soxfan33928's posts

[QUOTE]And let's get Andre Johnson from Houston, and Troy P from the Steelers, and Stephen Jackson from the Rams, and Champ Bailey from Denver.......  GET REAL!!!!
    Posted by DStroh1[/QUOTE]

I think getting Jacobs is a potential possibility.  You never know what the Giants are thinking.  They may not want to pay him, or they may want the pick.  Jerry Reese is an unconventional kind of guy.  He may have the guts to pull the trigger if he can get a one back and trade Jacobs out of the conference.  In any case, all I am saying is that he would look real nice in NE. 

Sections
Shortcuts