Let's vote underdogggg off the island!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: Let's vote underdogggg off the island!

I guess he won. O.K., so be it.  There you go.  I hereby vote MYSELF off the island. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Let's vote underdogggg off the island!:
    In Response to Re: Let's vote underdogggg off the island! : Mike; Good point.   But, I don't think we're looking for a group-think mentality here. We for sure don't need dogpoop to generate diversity of opinion on this board. We get plenty of that among our core group of genuine Pats fans. What had bugged me about poopie, before I started ignoring him, is that you can't have a rational discussion with him. He's a master of the dodge and weave. You can never pin him down on anything. He'll never acknowledge a point, he constantly changes the subject and he always attempts to bring irrelevant issues into any discussion. He's basically a human toothache and I don't think he'd be missed at all.
    Posted by unclealfie

You're certainly correct about his slippery debate style, alfie.

I'm currently going round and round with him about the Ellis Hobbs pass interference in the 2006 AFC Championship game (fur the umpteenth time) and it's just the same old BS over and over again. Sometimes it's "every team gets calls," other times it's a "make-up call." If the guy actually had a defense, instead of simply engaging in semantic word play to simply appear to be validating an indefenisble position, it would be more rewarding. But there are times -- not often, but there are times -- when I'll engage him simply for the rhetorical gymnastics.

It's like I've said on here before: underdoggggg may be a deusche . . .   but he's our deusche.

(although I really, really like the "human toothache" metaphor)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

" I know I've had my run ins with Doggggggg but he seems like a good guy to me. I think we should take one day out of the week and make it "Colts Day" where we just discuss the Strenghts of the Colts. It may be a Pats board but we need to be tollerant of everyone. We need to stop the hate and I think it should begin with me ."     ~russ   I, on the otherhand, Am not sure I agree with any of this.  "Colts Day?"  Like, Good Cop Bad Cop?  Then there's that whole "Tolerance" suggestion, then I go: "Of elitist j#rks, too?"  Finally, we got the "Hate Stoppage" Idea, And it's like- I'lll give ya an example...  On that " Colt Found in Ditch " Thread, the poster- Phil , said something about us ALL needing to be more open-minded and hoping that people could find/see IF that Colt-in-Ditch, had some serious personal issues, which he should be helped with/for.  Then dogg slammed Phil for being to "righteous", largely misconstruing Phil's benevolence.  And I wrote back to Phil:  HOW, He (Phil) should be ashamed for having any growing tolerance for Anything "Indianapolis Colt(s)" to begin with; With Phil realizing the err of his ways (i.e. any kindness).  See, It's not whether our thoughts and/or conclusions were right OR wrong, It's that, well-  Doesn't ANYone else get a warm, fuzzy, satisfactory feeling inside, AFTER they show someone HOW they really should hae certain people, rather than sympathize with them...or, ah- Is it just me? 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Lets be clear here.  Phil's comments (IMO) were not worded very well.  I took it as he thought it was a shame the colts would not do something to help the guy, before they even had a chance to do so.  I saw that as an attack on the colts. 

Now pmike will be the first to tell you that I sometimes misinterpret things (me and belichick have this problem - hey, we have something in common), but I figured I was on pretty solid ground with this one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Let's vote underdogggg off the island! : This is about love man. Underdogggggggggg is a beautiful human being just as you are. Why must we go on hating? Why can't we live in peace? I'm riding the peace train out this year.
    Posted by russgrisworld

I've never read any of 10g's stuff.  Must be twice the man I am.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Let's vote underdogggg off the island! :  We for sure don't need dogpoop to generate diversity of opinion on this board. We get plenty of that among our core group of genuine Pats fans.

What had bugged me about poopie, before I started ignoring him, is that you can't have a rational discussion with him. He's a master of the dodge and weave. You can never pin him down on anything.
    Posted by unclealfie

point 1 - I agree.  In fact, wasn't it you involved in the pat on pat crime with harley?

point 2 - I've been getting pointers from TP and Rusty. 

But these are no reason to remove me from my doodies.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

I guess he won. O.K., so be it.  There you go.  I hereby vote MYSELF off the island. 
    Posted by Davedsone

Poor thing.  Buh bye.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Let's vote underdogggg off the island! : Lets be clear here.  Phil's comments (IMO) were not worded very well.  I took it as he thought it was a shame the colts would not do something to help the guy, before they even had a chance to do so.  I saw that as an attack on the colts.  Now pmike will be the first to tell you that I sometimes misinterpret things (me and belichick have this problem - hey, we have something in common), but I figured I was on pretty solid ground with this one.
    Posted by underdoggggg

We accept "misinterpretation" as a valid defense . . .

but then, we would have to, wouldn't we?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Let's vote underdogggg off the island! : We accept "misinterpretation" as a valid defense . . . but then, we would have to, wouldn't we?
    Posted by p-mike

If you want to call yourself a patriot fan, yep.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

To all concerned, in the iterest of promoting public health:    Oh great! Another "Let's get rid of the doggggg" thread.    It can't work because too many posters consider this wretched cur a pet and refuse to stop feeding it. As long as it is thrown the smallest scrap it will never go away. Unfortunately, a few of our more prolific posters do not seem to understand this and continue to toss morsels to the slathering beast. These well intentioned but mis-guided individuals seem to live under the delusion that this varmint can be domesticated and live within the community. Sadly, this is not possible. It is a stray and essentially a wild animal. It does not understand human speech nor does it respond to kindness. Attempts to return it to its native habitat have been un-successful. It always returns with yet another burr on its tail chastised and acting as though, this time, it will behave, only to inevitably revert to its instinctual behavior. No matter how much kindness or compassion that it is shown, it will, most likely sooner than later, begin snarling and snapping at whoever attempts to approach it. As stated above, it is a wild animal and cannot be reasoned with. It should be considered a danger all.     In the interest of containing the threat of ignominious disease it is suggested that a zero tolerance policy be implemented in regard to this creature. Offer it no sustenance whatsoever and perhaps it will become hungry enough to return to the wilds from which it came to live out its existence among its own heinous and virulent ilk.    This affects each and every one of us and is no small matter. The co-operation of all is of paramount importance in order to have any hope of eradicating this scourge from our otherwise peaceful and benevolent community.                                                         For a happier and healthier island,                                                         Warmest Regards,                                                                                 antibody                                    
    Posted by antibody

Since there was no response to my public service message I am bumping it down the thread in the hope that someone will have the courtesy to reply. I welcome any and all input, however, it should be noted that I have had the dogggggg on ignore for sometime now. This has greatly enhanced my enjoyment when visiting this board. It is the only poster on any forum that I have used the ignore feature on. I understand there are many who disagree with me and I mean no disrespect to any of you, I just can't help feeling that it is impossible to have any meaningful or productive dialogue with this being and that to attempt to do so is a hopelessly lost cause.
    Thank you all for allowing me to express my opinion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

For what it's worth . . .  I don't put people on "ignore," because I find all those "You Have This Poster On Ignore" messages irritating.

It's like my pop-up blocker that does a great job blocking all those ads I don't want to see, but fills up my screen with reminders that it's blocking all my pop-ups and asks me if, after further review, wouldn't I really like to see them after all?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Let's vote underdogggg off the island! : Since there was no response to my public service message I am bumping it down the thread in the hope that someone will have the courtesy to reply. I welcome any and all input, however, it should be noted that I have had the dogggggg on ignore for sometime now. This has greatly enhanced my enjoyment when visiting this board. It is the only poster on any forum that I have used the ignore feature on. I understand there are many who disagree with me and I mean no disrespect to any of you, I just can't help feeling that it is impossible to have any meaningful or productive dialogue with this being and that to attempt to do so is a hopelessly lost cause. Thank you all for allowing me to express my opinion.
    Posted by antibody

Antibody - I am not a cat guy, but no big deal.  Just wanted to reply to your post at your request.  You seem to be begging for that courtesy.  My pleasure.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

For what it's worth . . .  I don't put people on "ignore," because I find all those "You Have This Poster On Ignore" messages irritating. It's like my pop-up blocker that does a great job blocking all those ads I don't want to see, but fills up my screen with reminders that it's blocking all my pop-ups and asks me if, after further review, wouldn't I really like to see them?
    Posted by p-mike

Yes, p-mike those  messages can be annoying, but not half as annoying as one who, as the OP puts it is "pretending to be reasonable and rational..." while only being snide and contentious. That mutt's act has been old and moldy for far too long and I can't help feeling that "our little island" would be a better place without that mangy hound.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleLazJunior. Show LittleLazJunior's posts

In Response to Re: Let's vote underdogggg off the island! : See . . .  this is what the " Ban All Trolls" crowd doesn't seem to understand. Do you really want a board where Russ Griswold dictates the content and everyone else agrees with him? That wouldn't be any fun at all. At least with guys like jbolted and underdoggggg and that jimmyjack guy around there's at least some counterpoint. All that "In Bill We Trust" stuff is just lame. You need the enemy to have a lively board, and more than that, you need an enemy who's willing to engage and not just flame and run. We'll see plenty of those guys from week to week during the season. I happen to like the regular trolls. They serve a function that some of the more self-indulgent posters on the board will never understand.
    Posted by p-mike

Cheer Cheer, for P=Mike....You should take the good with the bad or you will always have the mundane! I think Sir Winston Churchill said it best when he said, "DUCK!" !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

My vote just made it 13-12 for him leaving.  I guess that won't matter, though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

My vote just made it 13-12 for him leaving.  I guess that won't matter, though.
    Posted by TroyBrown80

Troy - what have you done that has mattered?  Why start now?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gordotomase. Show gordotomase's posts

Just take him out behind the island out house and shoot his A*S

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

In Response to Re: Let's vote underdogggg off the island! : Troy - what have you done that has mattered?  Why start now?
    Posted by underdoggggg

You posted in another thread about how you were doing something that was mature.  Nothing you say indicates maturity.  In every thread I see your posts in, you are really snide and insulting.  This isn't TMZ, its a forum about football.  Specifically, Patriot football.  I'm here to enjoy this forum.  I will ignore you if I must, but that seems like a drastic measure.  Can you summon the maturity you spoke of earlier and behave in such a way as to make me believe you are over 18?  I said it won't matter because the OP said it won't.  That was humor, see? That was all.  I do not understand why if you generate all this animosity you keep coming back and posting, but you aren't really adding to my personal enjoyment for certain.  Do what you wish, but if the tone doesn't improve, I will have to ignore you. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Troy - good luck

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

That's better.  Thanks for wishing me luck.  I appreciate it.  Good luck to you also.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I'm all for someone else's point of view.  Even fans of other teams.  But I don't think "underdoggggg" adds anything whatsoever to this forum.  He will be ignored by me. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I'm all for someone else's point of view.  Even fans of other teams.  But I don't think "underdoggggg" adds anything whatsoever to this forum.  He will be ignored by me. 
    Posted by Salcon

I'm sure there are posters that each of us find insufferable in our and their own ways. I, myself, actually had my previous identity banned from this very site for reasons that have never been made clear (if you can imagine such a thing). The "ignore" function is a perfectly useful tool for those who feel they need it. What I don't like to see is posters reporting other posters willy-nilly simply because they disagree with what someone else says.

Obviously, the mechanism exists to "vote someone off," but all they do is come back in another guise (or the same one, in underdoggggg's case) and you're right back where you started. It's much easier, it seems to me, to simply avoid threads that are obvious discussions about topics you don't care to discuss or skip over the posts of members you find marginally retarded.

No fuss. No muss.

On time for the bus.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In Response to Re: Let's vote underdogggg off the island! : I'm sure there are posters that each of us find insufferable in our and their own ways. I, myself, actually had my previous identity banned from this very site for reasons that have never been made clear (if you can imagine such a thing). The "ignore" function is a perfectly useful tool for those who feel they need it. What I don't like to see is posters reporting other posters willy-nilly simply because they disagree with what someone else says. Obviously, the mechanism exists to "vote someone off," but all they do is come back in another guise (or the same one, in underdoggggg's case) and you're right back where you started. It's much easier, it seems to me, to simply avoid threads that are obvious discussions about topics you don't care to discuss or skip over the posts of members you find marginally retarded. No fuss. No muss. On time for the bus.
    Posted by p-mike

You're absolutely right p-mike.  I do find some people,  including Pats fans on this board so overwhelmingly annoying that I have to just pass their comments over.  
    What I don't understand is people who can't handle another that disagrees with them.  They are always right and must have the final word.   There's something not quite right with a person like that. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

In Response to Re: Let's vote underdogggg off the island! : Mike; Good point.   But, I don't think we're looking for a group-think mentality here. We for sure don't need dogpoop to generate diversity of opinion on this board. We get plenty of that among our core group of genuine Pats fans. What had bugged me about poopie, before I started ignoring him, is that you can't have a rational discussion with him. He's a master of the dodge and weave. You can never pin him down on anything. He'll never acknowledge a point, he constantly changes the subject and he always attempts to bring irrelevant issues into any discussion. He's basically a human toothache and I don't think he'd be missed at all.
    Posted by unclealfie

I agree with the core point here - you can never pin ole dogschizz down to a firm answer on any topic - it's the rope a dope every time ( of course he is generally the dope)

I actually think that Underpoo is the BDC Patriot forum answer to Softlaw in all his variations on the SOX forum - Dog schizz exists soley to stir the schizzz

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Not sure now, but when I looked earlier It was just a 1 vote differential...  It sure made me glad that I didn't bother to vote at all; I mean, What could 1 person's single, miniscule vote do at all in the grand scheme of things...Nuthin, dat's what.  

(...just kiddin' dogg)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

On my drive back to Kansas from my vacation in New England i had the pleasure of driving by his dogg house the Hossier Dome (Lucus Oil Stadium nowadays). not that impressive a structure, looks like an old warehouse instead of a football stadium.

i was expecting to see coltsbabe pacing the parking lot, but the place was deserted

Sections
Shortcuts