Let's vote underdogggg off the island!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from philbert. Show philbert's posts

Re: Let's vote underdogggg off the island!

Let him stay. He serves as a Devil's advocate for one of our biggest rivals. And when the topic concerns the Colts, I do want to read his point of view.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

KP - you got the idea of the building.  It's called retro. 

As for whether not its impressive, that is surely in the eyes of the beholder, so I won't begrudge your opinion, BUT - if, I were to speak for most local fans who'd experienced the RCA/Hoosier dome, I'd tell you the new stadium by comparison is a gem. 

With one huge exception:

The dome was loud.  Lucas Oil is not.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Another Victory for freedom of speech on BDC.
    I would suggest that the perfect answer to everyones frustration with Underdoggggg would be for the Pats to actually beat the Colts this year for a change. It's the perfect shut up. I think I'm more angry at the Patriots for dipping below Championship status than I am him. Breaking nuts just goes with with winning and I'm sure I'll be doing plenty of that when the Pats get back on top again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

I will do my best to be a kinder gentler person.  However, I am human, and I have difficulty not meeting attacks with attacks. 

My colts fan assessment of the pats -
    1.  I believe the media reports, generally.  Sometimes the media conjures things out of little, but those are fairly easy to spot.  thus, yep Brady is bothered by his contract situation, but so is Manning.  I have also said that I believe the NFLPA may be coaching these players to act a little more ticked given the current situation. 
    2.  I believe there are things to the Mankins story that we don't know, he projected himself as a man of integrity.  If he is that, then the pats are holding out on him.  
    3.  I think the days of the hometown discount in boston are done. 
    4.  From a pure passing and pass catching perspective there is no reason to believe the pats won't be better than last year. 
    5.  Except - your offensive line (like the colts currently) appears to be in shambles.  This could be worse than you all want to think.  If my memory is right, the line has always been pretty healthy and in tact with the exception of neal.  That can really help build chemistry in an area of the game that requires it.  The pats could be "replacing" 3 of 5 positions if Light is moved to the right side.  For a formerly very cohesive unit, this could cause problems.
    6.  That said, Brady will make the line look better than it is (like Manning does) as long as he doesn't focus too much on one receiver.  This ought be being bludgeoned into his head during camp. 
    7.  Can the running game be any better than it has been? 
    8.  the defense is no longer elite.  Effective, maybe, but elite, no.  Not even sure what the front seven provides other than Mayo, Wilfork, Banta-Cain. 
    9.  Your secondary should be better and needs to be.  Doesn't appear to be a great pass rush, so their coverage skills will be of tantamount importance. 

Just my thoughts. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

My thoughts on Indy. 
    1.  Passing game should be better except for the question (like the pats have) on the oline. 
    2.  The one thing the colts may have going for them that the pats didn't is that over the past 4 years, their unit has not been as cohesive as the pats with the exception of Saturday and Diem.  That said, the old oline coach is officially gone and the new one is in place.  This could be an issue in and of itself with Johnson possibly down and Saturday out for a month. 
    3.  If Donald Brown is any good, we'll find out this year.  I anticipate a better year from Addai as well.  This is a contract year for him with an expectation that the colts won't keep him next year.  This year is his audition for a new team.
    4.  Colts d line should be as good as last year.  Hopefully (but I don't know) the interior will be better.  I say this every year.  We've got some young players with another year under their belts but the jury is still out. 
    5.  Linebackers - if they remain healthy this could be the best starting package the colts have had in years.  Session is in a contract year and had a breakout year last year and Wheeler is anticipated to have one this year.
    6.  The secondary (healthy) could be one of the best all around units in the league. 

So, in general, I think the D looks great, but they are built to play with a lead.  The colts played from behind much of the year last year so I think they were fortunate at times to win games.  With the significant oline questions, it mucks the picture up even more. 

We shall see.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

In Response to Re: Let's vote underdogggg off the island!:
    [QUOTE]KP - you got the idea of the building.  It's called retro.  As for whether not its impressive, that is surely in the eyes of the beholder, so I won't begrudge your opinion, BUT - if, I were to speak for most local fans who'd experienced the RCA/Hoosier dome, I'd tell you the new stadium by comparison is a gem.  With one huge exception: The dome was loud.  Lucas Oil is not.
    Posted by underdoggggg[/QUOTE]

doggiedodo!  The new dome is fine...once you crank up the volume on the artifical noise.