Light or Vollmer or "both"?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Light or Vollmer or "both"?

I'm sorry if this is a repeat posting I checked the first two pages and didn't see this as a topic. The internet is really slow here in Iraq. I haven't been able to watch many of the games but I follow the Pats through the internet and read the interesting posts on this page. I just wanted to ask the community what they think the team should do about the Left tackle position. Who should start from what you have gotten to see from both Light and Vollmer?  Could the Pats potentially start both? What do you guys think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Light or Vollmer or "both"?

The truth is Vollmer has played better at left tackle so far this year.  However Light is probably a better than the rest of the O linemen so for this year figuring out how to get them both on the line would be best. 

Rumor is that Light can't play RT, but Vollmer could do both so maybe they'll try that.  I think Light might be a salary cap casualty next year, he isn't really performing up to his salary, and his position appears to be filled.

Where are you in Iraq?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Northern Iraq Mosul area with the Army.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Looks like Vollmer is out tomorrow, so Light will be starting at LT. Once they're both healthy, Vollmer might get some snaps on the right side, though I think he's going to be a left tackle long term (once the Pats get a better right tackle).

Stay safe, cs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Thank you very much.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Light or Vollmer or "both"?:
    Northern Iraq Mosul area with the Army.
    Posted by csylvia79

Spent a couple months there in the summer of 2005.  Summer was more tolerable than Baghdad, and the food was pretty good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

I'm hoping Vollmer can come back in time for the playoffs should the Pats make it to that point, and they should, so I guess we have to put up with the "Door" Matt until his return.  So, I guess for the rest of this season, its going to be both but we all know that Vollmer is the future and I expect Light to be a salary cap decision in the off season. He is not really earning his pay check.

Stay safe and thank you.

Sections
Shortcuts