Light or Vollmer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Light or Vollmer

When M. Light comes back from his injury.
    1. Who would you have play Left Tackle??? Light or Vollmer??
    2. Would you have Light start, and move Vollmer to a different position?? 
    3. Would you keep Vollmer at Left tackle and move Light to a different position??? 4. Does Vollmer just sit down???

Me? I would move Light to a different position.

What do you guys think???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lyncherfer. Show lyncherfer's posts

Re: Light or Vollmer

3. Definitely 3.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Both 1 and 2 should be an option.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Kudos to the Patriots scouting staff drafting a former heavyweight wrestler (Stephen Neal) and soccer player (Seb Vollmer) who now appear on their starting OL. I understand Brock Lesnar may be available. If so, what then?

As for Matt Light returning? I'm not counting on it so Nick Kazur is for now starting right tackle and Vollmer is "blindside" tackle.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

VOLLMER IS A MONSTER
    keep him playing at LT

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

"Kudos to the Patriots scouting staff drafting a former heavyweight wrestler (Stephen Neal) and soccer player (Seb Vollmer)"

Don't forget our tap dancer in the backfield.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Just take Kaczur off the field.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'd keep Vollmer at LT. Right tackle remains a problem because Light's not a great run blocker and Kaczur's not a great pass blocker. Usually, you want a run blocker at RT, so Kaczur has an advantage--but then this is a passing team and Light (once he adjusts to the different angles on the right side) might be better on the passing downs, especially against a team with a good pass rusher on the offensive right side (defensive left side).  Maybe there's a rotation at left tackle? Or maybe they try Kaczur at right guard, with Light at right tackle. I think Kaczur could play guard, and with Neal hurt that might be useful

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Also let's not forget that most teams don't have the pass rushing duo that the Colts have.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Light or Vollmer:
    When M. Light comes back from his injury. 1. Who would you have play Left Tackle??? Light or Vollmer?? 2. Would you have Light start, and move Vollmer to a different position??  3. Would you keep Vollmer at Left tackle and move Light to a different position??? 4. Does Vollmer just sit down??? Me? I would move Light to a different position. What do you guys think???
    Posted by PAULICAS1975

has already been noted elsewhere, Light has no experience at RT; whereas Vollmer has experience in BOTH positions. I think BB should play both players - and should depend on matchups to our advantage. If you keep Vollmer at LT, the question remains as to whether Light is better than kaczur at RT

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

PLay  Vollmer at RT and make Matt Light your LT. Then when youmove your protection, move it to Light's side. Vollmer would smother any right side rusher giving you that option.

Kazcur does ok against week players, but in the playoffs most teams will have some way of getting a good rusher like Woodley, Mathis or Phillips on the edge against him, where trouble begins.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

" I understand Brock Lesnar may be available. If so, what then?"

Lesnar's not as talented as Neal.  Stephen beat him for the 1999 NCAA heavy weight title.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

In Response to Re: Light or Vollmer:
    " I understand Brock Lesnar may be available. If so, what then?" Lesnar's not as talented as Neal.  Stephen beat him for the 1999 NCAA heavy weight title.
    Posted by K-max

Nice catch Max...I was wondering if anyone would note that. Lesnar is best known for his MMA antics now but if you remember Neal only beat Lesnar 3-2 and was almost taken to a draw by the new kid from Minnesota.

Can you imagine Lesnar on a football field?

Sections
Shortcuts