Like I said 6 weeks ago...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Like I said 6 weeks ago...

and a lot of people jumped on me for it. Brady will NOT win another SB. And Tiger Woods will not win another Major--the MOJO is gone. Trade Brady Now for a first round pick-Arizonas and REBUILD this team around the Defense--you heard it here first---I know it seems shocking, but even Montan played out his career somewhere else--our Defense is young and talented--now go get some DBs and a Pass rusher and the Pats will be back winning SBs---go ahead call me stupid?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: Like I said 6 weeks ago...

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

and a lot of people jumped on me for it. Brady will NOT win another SB. And Tiger Woods will not win another Major--the MOJO is gone. Trade Brady Now for a first round pick-Arizonas and REBUILD this team around the Defense--you heard it here first---I know it seems shocking, but even Montan played out his career somewhere else--our Defense is young and talented--now go get some DBs and a Pass rusher and the Pats will be back winning SBs---go ahead call me stupid?

Your suggestion is bold and I like bold.

Personally I think the answer is a new coach.  Because a coach with a fired up attitude could have delivered this year (and last year).

But if I could get 3 picks for Brady I'd consider it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Thanks Schump--you'll probably be the only friendly post I get

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I think you are at least partly right. Brady won't win another SB here. BB just can't put together a good enough team around him. The good old days of his inherited clutch players on D are gone. And his receivers drop the ball way too much and can't get separation in tough games to save their lives.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The Vikings might give us 3 #1 picks for Brady.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

our Defense is young and talented--

More like our defense is young and sucks. As soon as Talib who was the duct tape the D was held together with went down they reverted right back to a mickey mouse club D.

The reality is that Brady cannot carry a team of this quality himself at this point. If he wants to try somewhere else with a team that has some real substance instead of one that is fan bloated hot air good, then I wish him the best. If he wants to stay here he might as well be resigned to the fact he isn't going to win it all again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Remember when Ditka gave up ALL his picks for the running back Ricky something? I'm sure some teamthat just needs a good QB will give 2 # 1s--hey Peytons not in Denver anymore?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I think you are at least partly right. Brady won't win another SB here. BB just can't put together a good enough team around him. The good old days of his inherited clutch players on D are gone. And his receivers drop the ball way too much and can't get separation in tough games to save their lives.

The D blew, but please don't tell me you're excusing Brady. He played god awful too.

Running into the ref was dumb, and running for 2 yards at the end of the half as opposed to throwing it out of bounds was also dumb.

Brady has better weapons than most teams in the league AND the oline played great today. Maybe it was the loss of Gronk, but Brady's accuracy has dropped off in the later part of the season.

Also, Brady has not had thrown more TDs than INTs in an AFC championship game since '04.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

The D blew, but please don't tell me you're excusing Brady. He played god awful too.

Running into the ref was dumb, and running for 2 yards at the end of the half as opposed to throwing it out of bounds was also dumb.

Brady has better weapons than most teams in the league AND the oline played great today. Maybe it was the loss of Gronk, but Brady's accuracy has dropped off in the later part of the season.

Also, Brady has not had thrown more TDs than INTs in an AFC championship game since '04.

Yeah, Brady sucks and we would be a big SB threat without him. Let's trade him to Miami or the jets. I'm sure the genius would have us rolling right to the Lombardi with that fabulous Defense he has constructed with all those high draft picks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

weren't u also the winner who guaranteed a pats-falcons sb with a pats win?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I hate "I told you so" posts. 

Weren't you apologizing for this post just the other day? 

You don't know who will win what in the years to come. You don't. No one does. 

Think if Gronk and Talib are both 100 percent the game might play out a bit differently? 

Here's what you do, however, if you are BB: you continue to draft QBs every year next couple years, trying to find the next guy. 

But you don't trade one of a handful of QBs who can get you to the Super Bowl for speculation because some message board guy says Brady can't win another QB. Just last year he walked out of the Super Bowl with our team in the lead. 

By the way was Welker's big drop in this game Brady's fault? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

p.s. I suppose the Broncos should trade Manning and the Packers should trade Rodgers and Steelers should trade Big Ben and so on...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

1 first round for Brady ???

2   #1

1   #2

+ a good DB

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

I hate "I told you so" posts. 

Weren't you apologizing for this post just the other day? 

You don't know who will win what in the years to come. You don't. No one does. 

Think if Gronk and Talib are both 100 percent the game might play out a bit differently? 

Here's what you do, however, if you are BB: you continue to draft QBs every year next couple years, trying to find the next guy. 

But you don't trade one of a handful of QBs who can get you to the Super Bowl for speculation because some message board guy says Brady can't win another QB. Just last year he walked out of the Super Bowl with our team in the lead. 

By the way was Welker's big drop in this game Brady's fault? 

BELOW IS SOME OF JIMBO'S HANDIWORK  (dated 1/12/13)

Pats and Atlanta - Matty ice who played at BC -where my brother worked for years. Anyoneone with the dough get SB Tickets in NO for the Pats against Atlanta-you heard it here first--the Ravens got a gift with that weather. Manning can't play in the cold - so the Pats just have to take vare of Houston anf I will guarantee a Pats SB - 6 in 12 years and the Pats win for ALL time Best team EVER!!!!!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

How about a MB(Spikes) that can cover!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

How about we were one game away from a second straight Superbowl. I could see if we ddn't make the playoffs, but come on. I think its a little premature.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

As soon as I saw that injury prone thug come up grabbing his hammy, I knew we were done. I want to thank him for ending it right there for me (quick and painless...thug style). At that point I had no more illusions of us winning the Super Bowl - between him, Gronk and Chandler Jones - I knew if we had squeaked past the Ravens and limped our way into the Super Bowl we would of been destroyed by the 49ers for the whole world to see.

So at that point I just sipped on some beers, enjoyed the company around me, ate too much and when I had a free moment realized that the chances of us winning a Super Bowl with the way this team is constructed hinged on a desperation move (Talib) that blew up in our faces five minutes into this game. Quick and painless. Too many bad secondary players drafted over the years. Too many average linebackers running around pointing at eachother like...you were suppossed to be over there. Too many times watching our safety saviour MCCourty be too far from the wide open guy that was getting torched by the guy who was suppossed to caover him...It's kind of interesting watching a game with people that don't watch football, all I kept hearing was who is #32? Does he ever turn his head? Is he ever going to be near those recievers? Is he ever going to return a kick for more than 15 yards, right up into 10 Ravens? I just said, he's our answer/saviour for all our secondary mistakes. Game over.

I got to say Brady stunk too. Maybe the wind was a factor, but it wasn't for Flacco. There was one play in particular (out of many) that really bugged me...3rd and two...he looks left...everyone is covered (3 guys)...he continues to look left...he continues...standing right in front of him is a wide open Woodhead...he throws left...incomplete. Tom put me out of my misery early too - when I saw him miss on a few easy type passes and blow those points at the end of the half - I knew we would lose this game. No chance if this guy doesn't play lights out...not with this "young and exciting defense". 

Maybe it's time to blow this whole thing up?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

our Defense is young and talented--

More like our defense is young and sucks. As soon as Talib who was the duct tape the D was held together with went down they reverted right back to a mickey mouse club D.

The reality is that Brady cannot carry a team of this quality himself at this point. If he wants to try somewhere else with a team that has some real substance instead of one that is fan bloated hot air good, then I wish him the best. If he wants to stay here he might as well be resigned to the fact he isn't going to win it all again.

Agreed and it's kind of sad. I will say out of all the years we could of won it, this is the only time I can honestly say he had a hand in our demise (at least for this one game). Realistically we weren't going to win anything anyway with Talib standing on the sidelines in his trench coat and Chandler Jones not playing. It was obvious on the field right away...no pass rush, no coverage. You kind of need one or the other...preferably both if you're going to beat San Fran for the Super Bowl.

And I'll tell you what, I'm tired of our coach acting like a moron after he loses big games. As a fan I don't like reading about how classless he is on the yahoo home page this morning...it's getting old. Just say a few words for God's sake.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I didn't know that trady Brady alone will mean another SB win for the Pats.  So, there is another QB out there, with the Pats surrounding that QB with "better" players, who can win the SB?  That is the key.. SURROUND Brady with players who can make plays in ADDITION to HIM!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

I think this team's over all talent level is average at best.   Kudos to BB for coaching up average talent and translating that into 14,13 and 12 wins the last 3 years.   But I think BB has failed in filling the roster with quality.  We have good depth but  few really talented players.  

DB's stink

LB's stink.. especially in coverage  (Mayo is way overrrated)

D line is good but does not pressure

O line is good

WR's... well we really don't have any... just a bunch short of slot receivers really

Good D's just clog clog the field 20 yards downfield and Brady has nowhere to go

This has been a recurring theme the last 3-4 years...BB has falied to address it.

TE's... 2 of the best if (big IF) they can stay healthy

RB's... adequate but not consistant enough

QB... one the best ever but Brady can no longer win the big games by himself.  When was the last time Brady came through in the clutch?  Seems he only plays well when ahead these days.

I know this sounds negative and I am upset over the loss but the talent gap really became evident last night.  The Ravens just punched the Pats in face all night and the Pats did not (could not) punch back.   I agree with those that say the Pats are somewhat soft...they've become the Manning Colts.

No way this team wins 12 games without BB and TB.   When one of the other retires we are in deep doo doo unless the talent level improves.

I'll get over the loss...but I could have accepted the loss much better if the Pat's at least showed up.  You could see in the first couple of series that they were flat... and really they stayed that way the whole game.  Kudos to the Ravens..but it was not all Ravens... Pat's just were not motivated.. and that is more disturbing than anything I've said !!

Let's hope they shore up the holes this off season... there are  a lot of them... good coaching has taken this team as far as it can go given the talent level.

I'll be rooting fo the Ravens in ther SB... they are a classy organization and do things the rignt way... just wish we took them down last night.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

We have to blow some of it up. The challenge is you can't trade Brady. He is the glue that keeps us in playoff contention every year. plus, the defense is not 1-2 players away from greatness. hate to say this, but we need talent on all. 3 levels. There is some good talent to build around, but I think we need to add speed and aggression. love, deaderick, Scott, etc are PS kind of guys. They should not be starting...at all. the Gregory, Chung experiments should end. I even question if chandler jones can develop into an elite pass rusher. Mayo good, not great. Spikes is tough, nasty and a good run defender but a liability everywhere else. Hightower has upside and a keeper. 

It comes down to money...we got a ton of cash tied up in 1 slot WR and 2 te's. is this smart business? All 3 work in the same, similar part of the field. What would it do to our offense if we let Wes walk, sign a Wallace type guy, put Hern and Edelman in the slot and use Gronk and Ballard as your TE tandem? Assuming of course Brady and bb don't keep laying eggs at the worst time.   

Thoughts?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

We have to blow some of it up. The challenge is you can't trade Brady. He is the glue that keeps us in playoff contention every year. plus, the defense is not 1-2 players away from greatness. hate to say this, but we need talent on all. 3 levels. There is some good talent to build around, but I think we need to add speed and aggression. love, deaderick, Scott, etc are PS kind of guys. They should not be starting...at all. the Gregory, Chung experiments should end. I even question if chandler jones can develop into an elite pass rusher. Mayo good, not great. Spikes is tough, nasty and a good run defender but a liability everywhere else. Hightower has upside and a keeper. 

It comes down to money...we got a ton of cash tied up in 1 slot WR and 2 te's. is this smart business? All 3 work in the same, similar part of the field. What would it do to our offense if we let Wes walk, sign a Wallace type guy, put Hern and Edelman in the slot and use Gronk and Ballard as your TE tandem? Assuming of course Brady and bb don't keep laying eggs at the worst time.   

Thoughts?

PatsLifer....  every time I see the call to trade Brady, it always happens after a loss and one in which the TEAM did not perform well.  The Pats need players who can make key plays in addition to Brady and has gotten spoiled by how often he bails the team out.  One can imagine that game's different result if Gronk was healthy, Talib and Jones did not get hurt early and the receivers could catch some passes.  Lastly, the TEAM is laying eggs at the wrong time..where was that team we saw against the Texans?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

We don't need to blow the team up - nature/Father time will take care of that.  I tickles me that after a loss, the first thing the masses on here to is dole out the blame.  Yeah, we got beat and we haven't won the big one in years - so tell me this - what other team has matched our achievements AFTER our last SB win - the whole, the totality of them.  Jesus, we're competitive every year despite rebuilding, and that's still not enough.  Now, we have to win the SB every year or we stink.  I get disappointment, but this is rediculous - if our team is so bad, go root for another won.  But don't expect that team to live up to your standards either.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Another pink helmet

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

6 weeks ago you predicted a windy AFC championship in Foxboro decided after talib and Ridley knocked out of game....

I predict you in six weeks you will still be an idiot.

Sections
Shortcuts