Limitations onTeams practicing in Pads

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Limitations onTeams practicing in Pads

I saw the following clip this morning...I never knew about these limitations.  High School & College teams practice in pads, why not the NFL?  No wonder there seems to be so many injuries anymore.  I'm sure our military members would love to train in shorts & a tank top, instead of full-uniform,boots backpack & weapon. Geez, maybe they need to start playing flag-football!
    Coach Mike Tomlin all but said Tuesday that the Steelers will practice twice in pads this week -- one more than usual -- as they work on fundamentals such as blocking and tackling.
    The collective bargaining agreement ratified in August permits 14 practices in pads during the regular season. Teams are allowed two padded practices in the same week only once during the season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: Limitations onTeams practicing in Pads

In Response to Re: Limitations onTeams practicing in Pads:
    Yea I saw this coming a mile away. Defenses all around the league look WAY behind the offense. People act like its just the Pats but its everyone. Heck the Packers whom everyone blows cause they are the hot team right now has looked like sh*t on D at times. I hate this, teams need to be able to practice in full pads. Such a f ucking joke.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

Ok now let's not act like everyone else is just like the Pats.  As this link shows, the Pats rank last in the league in yards surrendered per drive and 28th in the league in points surrendered per drive.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestats

Amazingly, the Pats are averaging 3.17 points per drive on offense, which is pretty awesome - teams rarely come close to 3 points per drive on offense, and after the Pats and Green Bay, the next highest is Buffalo at 2.53.  Of course the Pats are #1 in yards per drive and points per drive on offense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

The way it's going, it could be the Patriots & the Packers playing in the SB. Winning team may need to score 50 pts!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Boy, those stats have the Pats in the cellar by themselves by a comfortable margin. 

Sections
Shortcuts